RotS Sidious vs Darth Tyranus and DD Quinlan Vos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior
In the second half of DD, Dooku suggests that he and Vos join forces and take down Sidious together, to which Vos agrees. Let's assume they actually try it, would they be able to pull it off? This is dark side vos of course. The novel is set just a few motnhs before Rots. so we can use the RotS versions of Dooku and Palpatine

Sheev
I don't see Sidious beating two Dooku level beings.

Zentrex
Prolly not. Palpatine established himself as far more powerful than Dooku, and Vos wasn't much more powerful than Kenobi (who Palpatine would defeat as quickly as he did Kit Fisto).

Sheev
I assume this is peak DD Vos, who was arguably above Dooku.

juggernaut74
If Mace did it by himself I don't see why these two couldn't. I'm not sure Mace could beat Dooku.

Darth Thor
This would be a powerful team. They could very well pull it off the way Mace did, but then if Palpatine is able to unleash his higher end force abilities like he did against Yoda, then he could still pull off a win also.

Also I wonder if in Canon Dooku was past his prime. I know in Legends Sith Dooku was more powerful than Jedi Dooku, but not so sure about Canon, where Dooku was firing Force Lightning as a much younger Jedi.

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by Darth Thor
This would be a powerful team. They could very well pull it off the way Mace did, but then if Palpatine is able to unleash his higher end force abilities like he did against Yoda, then he could still pull off a win also.

Also I wonder if in Canon Dooku was past his prime. I know in Legends Sith Dooku was more powerful than Jedi Dooku, but not so sure about Canon, where Dooku was firing Force Lightning as a much younger Jedi.

"Not only had the Dark Lord introduced Dooku to realms of power beyond his most spectacular fantasies, but Sidious was also a political manipulator so subtle that his abilities might be considered to dwarf even the power of the dark side itself."

Source: Revenge of the Sith novel

This quote doesn't seem to contradict anything on film, and I don't think there's anything else in new canon that makes this false. I think this may prove sith Lord Dooku is his peak.

Darth Thor
^ Thats from Dookus perspective though. He has to justify to himself that converting has benefitted him in some way.

Also there is something to potentially contradict that in canon. The fact that he could utilise lightning long before becoming Sith.

Which raises the question what exactly is this power that Dooku has been introduced to?

ares834
Sidious wins. If he is restricted to sabers he may lose, but his force abilities are just too much for either.

Forschbewithu
^ Thats from Dookus perspective though. He has to justify to himself that converting has benefitted him in some way.

Also there is something to potentially contradict that in canon. The fact that he could utilise lightning long before becoming Sith.

Which raises the question what exactly is this power that Dooku has been introduced to?

Is it from Dooku's perspective though? It's written in 3rd person. If it were his perspective, wouldn't it be written in 1st person? Like, "Not only had the Dark Lord introduced ME to realms of power beyond MY most spectacular fantasies?"

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
Is it from Dooku's perspective though? It's written in 3rd person. If it were his perspective, wouldn't it be written in 1st person? Like, "Not only had the Dark Lord introduced ME to realms of power beyond MY most spectacular fantasies?"

Not necessarily, no. Its 3rd person POV:

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/third-person-point-of-view-1277092

Almost the entire ROTS novelisation is written from different characters POV.

Forschbewithu
Not necessarily, no. Its 3rd person POV:

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/third-person-point-of-view-1277092

Almost the entire ROTS novelisation is written from different characters POV.

Well I learned something new today.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.