Perpetua vs Thought Robot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
https://i.postimg.cc/MXPcSKwb/ers.jpg

random encounter

SquallX

MrMind
laughing out loud

Galan007
I'd certainly like to think that Perpetua would be stronger, but...

CatL18
Perpetua is only creator of Snyder cosmology where is part of entire DC cosmology.
Everything in DC come from the story of Superman.It is confirmed by Doomsday Clock,Final Crisis,All Star Superman,etc.
And,CAS represents the story of Superman.
So, in conclusion, CAS will win.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by Galan007
I'd certainly like to think that Perpetua would be stronger, but...

?

DarkSaint85
Let's see how it pans out. Last we saw, the JL were going through that doorway and it seems that stories themselves were being weaponised to be used.

So based on that, we could well see conceptually something similar to the Thought Robot defeating Perpetual.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Let's see how it pans out. Last we saw, the JL were going through that doorway and it seems that stories themselves were being weaponised to be used.

So based on that, we could well see conceptually something similar to the Thought Robot defeating Perpetual.

based on feats, Perpetua should be superior

Galan007
Perpetua is a 6D being who created the superstructure of the entire multiverse, created three fully multiversal++ beings, casually owned Brainiac 1M(who was capable of downloading, and destroying, the hundredS of universes/timelines that he had collected from Hypertime), etc.

But as is always the case in Thought-Robot threads, it comes down to the metafictional side of things. ie. can she defeat the fundamental story/concept/essence of Superman(something not even Manhattan could do)..? Personally, I have my doubts. /shrug

Diesldude

Philosophía
Dax Novu is not the child of Perpetua, he's the child of the Overvoid -- and he's the one who created the Thought Robot.

The Thought Robot is THE unbeatable idea in pure-thought form, that adapts to everything -- even hyper-stories that devour the essence of story itself . I don't see him losing here.

MrMind
it's a catch-22 situation

do we take snyder's cosmology as gospel like we did morrison? after all snyder copied the same concept, but he screwed with the orders of things

6th dimension is on a higher plane of existence than Nil, but it's neither here nor there, mandrakk and thot robot transcend the monitor realm. mandrakk came straight from overvoid

CA Superman is more "meta", while Perpetua is portrayed like your everyday big bad villain

Adam Grimes
Snyder wouldn't even have been born without Superman's story.

Diesldude

AlbertoJohnAvil
If we wanna you the story argument Perpetua just affected All Stories in DC Comics. Her Symbol and Her Influence is In All books, if we wanna talk Stories.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Hypertime contains all possible realities (stories)

Thats was created by her son, she gave him the power. Id be more interested to see her not care about her creation intead of trying to use it as a weapon

CatL18
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
If we wanna you the story argument Perpetua just affected All Stories in DC Comics. Her Symbol and Her Influence is In All books, if we wanna talk Stories.
Everything in DC come from the story of Superman.
Isn't it confirmed in Doomsday Clock?

Galan007
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Her Symbol and Her Influence is In All books, if we wanna talk Stories. That was Lex's doing.

Manofmiracles
i would say perpetua wins given that monitors made the TR and shes above them.

Manofmiracles
perpetua sits at the top right now except for the creator himself. DR. Manhattan is/was only one who i would say is beyond her.

CatL18
Originally posted by Manofmiracles
perpetua sits at the top right now except for the creator himself. DR. Manhattan is/was only one who i would say is beyond her.
DC universe seems to operate on many layer of creation. In one layer(In-universe stuff), Cosmic Entities or The omnipotent like Perpetua or Presence, etc, are the creator who control everything. But, Dr Manhattan seems to operate on higher layer than them.
And,He confirms everything come from the story of Superman.

Manofmiracles
the way perptua sees the entirety of dc with the sphere diagram is the same way dr. manhattan sees everything except he implied to see even perpetua as just another part of dc which she is.

Manofmiracles
anti monitor couldnt scratch metron on his chair and it was noted he has the power to destroy universes in the next panel. Dr. manhattan casually turned metron on his chair into dust with absolutely no effort. He was casually toying with all of Dc with no effort whatsoever no one challenged and never displayed his full power.

xJLxKing

Sj_Sharp

deft
Bump.

BrolyBlack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.