What technology or science from sci fi could not appear in Star Wars?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis

Darth Thor
Transporters from Trek.

Probably not replicators or holodecks either.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Transporters from Trek.

Probably not replicators or holodecks either.

Actually, SW does have replicators and holodeck like things. Just more limited in scope.

Surtur
I don't get why none of this could appear, they have plot device planet killers.

You could write a convincing story with time machines and stuff.

Inhuman
Regular guns that fire bullets

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Inhuman

So the weapons used by Sand People/Tusken Raiders?

Going further, there's plenty of those kinds of weapons in SW.

Inhuman
I thought the same thing but don't they use energy cartridges to reload those guns like the Mando's rifle?

-Pr-

iirc Mandalorians used to use shotgun-like guns that fire metal pellets as a counter for lightsabers. Can't for the life of me remember the name though.

riv6672
Originally posted by -Pr-
iirc Mandalorians used to use shotgun-like guns that fire metal pellets as a counter for lightsabers. Can't for the life of me remember the name though.

Scattergun?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Scatter_gun

Inhuman

I was talkin about the mandalorian show.
It shows Dyn load his rifle with some type of ammunition. But it clearly wasn't any type of bullet because it disintegrated its targets on impact.
As far as the EU weapon lore, idk. Don't follow to much of it.

-Pr-
Originally posted by riv6672
Scattergun?

That's the one, thanks thumb up

I was talkin about the mandalorian show.
It shows Dyn load his rifle with some type of ammunition. But it clearly wasn't any type of bullet because it disintegrated its targets on impact.
As far as the EU weapon lore, idk. Don't follow to much of it.

Ah ok. Yeah, Riv got the right one.

BruceSkywalker
borg tech...

Dr Will Hatch
As such an advanced society, they don't seem to have much in the way of life extension technology or medicine. Humans live and die around the same age they do here on Earth.

Dr Will Hatch
Also, the plot for Revenge of the Sith depends on Padme apparently not having access to a gynecologist.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/53d4db/womens-healthcare-star-wars

riv6672
That's the one, thanks thumb up
No sweat; I learned something new, too!

Drach1936
George Lucas has demanded that the Star Wars motion pictures are not sci-fi. The establishment maker said science has little association with the universe he imagined for the movies. I need some essay roo sites so please help me to find these sites. I am a student and take help from online essay sites.

Nuke Nixon
Use google, stupid adbot!

jaden_2.0

KingD19
Slugthrowers are what normal guns are called in Star Wars and they work just like real world guns.

Dont think the Stargates from SG-1 would show up. Replicants/Cylons/Westworlders(extremely lifelike robots/androids designed to perfectly imitate humans)

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by riv6672
Scattergun?

Shotgun >lightsaber

ilikecomics
The total perspective vortex from hitchhikers.
I think it couldnt exist in the star wars universe because it's based on the hero archetype, which is inherently myopic.

LeeCKelly
Thanks for the post. I also want to know this and I am glad I have found your post. I was searching for the barber shops business plans online and while searching for the post, I have found your post.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
As such an advanced society, they don't seem to have much in the way of life extension technology or medicine. Humans live and die around the same age they do here on Earth. That's because lifespan has a cap.

HumbleServant
Question to opening poster

Are you asking for things that cannot appear in star wars because of copyright or because they don't have that level of tech?

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.