Yoda vs Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Both at their best and peak :

*CANON*
1. Lightsaber duel only
2. Both use their full powers and abilities

*LEGENDS*
1. Lightsaber duel only
2. Both use their full powers and abilities

Who wins each of the above?

Forschbewithu
Very curious as to what people have to say. IMO, it's really only a contest in canon... Legends Vader gets shit on.

Darthadi
I will assume suited Vader for both canon and legends.
Canon: Yoda after an extremly hard fight
Legends: Yoda easly

xPRIMEx
Very close fight in canon, Yoda wins 6/10

Scizard
Originally posted by Darthadi
I will assume suited Vader for both canon and legends.
Canon: Yoda after an extremly hard fight

McP
Canon: Yoda with moderate difficulty at best, Vader is inferior

carthage
Yoda wins both with varying degrees of difficulty

Zentrex
Just out of curiosity, what would people use to support their answers?

I'm concurring that in Legends, Yoda would stomp Vader b/c Yoda's shown to be stronger and faster than the best of the jedi order, and we've seen people slower than him, like Windu, do crazy things. Vader doesn't have such feats nor such accolades.

In Canon, I'm gonna hold off on determining a verdict, since Yoda doesn't have enough feats. Not that I know of, anyway.

Galan007
Originally posted by Zentrex
In Canon, I'm gonna hold off on determining a verdict, since Yoda doesn't have enough feats. Not that I know of, anyway. His fight with Palpatine?

Forschbewithu
Just out of curiosity, what would people use to support their answers?

I'm concurring that in Legends, Yoda would stomp Vader b/c Yoda's shown to be stronger and faster than the best of the jedi order, and we've seen people slower than him, like Windu, do crazy things. Vader doesn't have such feats nor such accolades.

In Canon, I'm gonna hold off on determining a verdict, since Yoda doesn't have enough feats. Not that I know of, anyway.

In legends, I chose Yoda because most importantly GL thinks very lowly of Vader. At the same time, there are endless sources stating how Yoda is not only the most powerful jedi in the order, but the most powerful jedi in the order's history.

In canon, most sources indicate Vader has grown MORE powerful since rots. In rots, according to GL, Anakin was already an equal to Sidious in power. I haven't seen anything new from Disney that has gone against this line of thought thus far.

Zentrex
Originally posted by Galan007
His fight with Palpatine?
I don't know if I'd consider that entirely reliable considering that none of the three were at the their peak at the time that happened. And they messed up the scaling of Vader and Palpatine when they made post-Mustafar Vader stronger than his unscarred self. I don't know, maybe Palpatine just grew more than he thought he would? But then we couldn't compare them to Yoda.

Regardless, I've always liked the idea that Yoda isn't a very good fighter, because he's so good at things like battle-meditation, sensing danger, stealth, stone power, telepathy (he can even access TWBW), etc., that he doesn't need to be.

@Forschbewithu

So assuming Yoda's peak is was when he fought Sidious, Vader would be distinctly more powerful than him, yes?

Forschbewithu
I don't know if I'd consider that entirely reliable considering that none of the three were at the their peak at the time that happened. And they messed up the scaling of Vader and Palpatine when they made post-Mustafar Vader stronger than his unscarred self. I don't know, maybe Palpatine just grew more than he thought he would? But then we couldn't compare them to Yoda.

Regardless, I've always liked the idea that Yoda isn't a very good fighter, because he's so good at things like battle-meditation, sensing danger, stealth, stone power, telepathy (he can even access TWBW), etc., that he doesn't need to be.

@Forschbewithu

So assuming Yoda's peak is was when he fought Sidious, Vader would be distinctly more powerful than him, yes?

I think you can certainly make the argument, yes. We still don't have many canon statements on how powerful Anakin is in the new canon.

McP
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
In legends, I chose Yoda because most importantly GL thinks very lowly of Vader. At the same time, there are endless sources stating how Yoda is not only the most powerful jedi in the order, but the most powerful jedi in the order's history.

In canon, most sources indicate Vader has grown MORE powerful since rots. In rots, according to GL, Anakin was already an equal to Sidious in power. I haven't seen anything new from Disney that has gone against this line of thought thus far.

You can not use that GL quote about Anakin bei9ng already on par with Sidious. If you will, then you have to use that part about suited Vader being inferior as well. I wouldn't use any of GL's statements in assney's shitty canon anyway.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by McP
You can not use that GL quote about Anakin bei9ng already on par with Sidious. If you will, then you have to use that part about suited Vader being inferior as well.

Exactly. People need to stay consistent. Not just pick and choose the quotes they like across different interpretations of canon.

YousufKhan1212
Yoda annihilates Vader

Eli Vanto
Yoda wins. come on guys. erm

Darthadi
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Yoda annihilates Vader
How can Yoda anihilate Vader when he couldn't anihilate Dooku considering that in canon Vader has a quote that says he is more powerfull than Maul and Dooku by light years. Even if "light years" is an exageration is clear that Vader>Dooku and the count made Yoda work for the victory.

Galan007
Originally posted by Darthadi
How can Yoda anihilate Vader when he couldn't anihilate Dooku considering that in canon Vader has a quote that says he is more powerfull than Maul and Dooku by light years. Even if "light years" is an exageration is clear that Vader>Dooku and the count made Yoda work for the victory. I don't disagree that Vader > Dooku/Maul, but if you're going to use the ambiguous "light years" quote as evidence, then it's only fair to use Yoda's bio from Galaxy of Adventures, which states that he had "twice the power" of Dooku:
https://i.imgur.com/Aitq2PW.jpg

Darthadi
I don't disagree that Vader > Dooku/Maul, but if you're going to use the ambiguous "light years" quote as evidence, then it's only fair to use Yoda's bio from Galaxy of Adventures, which states that he had "twice the power" of Dooku:

I'm not arguing that Vader beats Yoda. Just that Yoda can't stomp Vader.

Galan007
Fair enough. thumb up

Scizard
Anyone got the light years quote?

Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/bpHZ2qe.jpg
-Star Wars: I Am Sith

Scizard
Thanks.

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by McP
You can not use that GL quote about Anakin bei9ng already on par with Sidious. If you will, then you have to use that part about suited Vader being inferior as well. I wouldn't use any of GL's statements in assney's shitty canon anyway.

I get what you're saying and I agree.

It's not that I'm trying to pick and choose, but I don't know of any other piece of Disney canon evidence that tells us the level of power Anakin was on by rots (aside from the novel itself, which I know there is a lot of gray areas with the novels).

Disney makes Vader's power very clear, but Anakin? Since I don't know of anything, I just refer back to it until something better comes out... Unless there actually is something that I don't know about. The "light-years" quote is new to me.

McP
^
Well, the one closest thing that I can think about is Yoda's vision from TCW. Anakin was strong enought to beat Dooku and yet he wasn't much a factor against Sidious. Anyway, that was just a vision, so I'm not sure if we should treat it that serious.

xPRIMEx

Eli Vanto
He also had a vision of defeating Sidious

xPRIMEx
Yes he did thumb up

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
He also had a vision of defeating Sidious

Where did this happen at?

Galan007
Darth Vader v2 #5:
https://i.ibb.co/VV5h8rY/Darth-Vader-005-009.jpg https://i.ibb.co/McPGzYT/Darth-Vader-005-010.jpg https://i.ibb.co/47W096J/Darth-Vader-005-011.jpg

Forschbewithu
Darth Vader v2 #5:
https://i.ibb.co/VV5h8rY/Darth-Vader-005-009.jpg https://i.ibb.co/McPGzYT/Darth-Vader-005-010.jpg https://i.ibb.co/47W096J/Darth-Vader-005-011.jpg

Ah, forgot about that one. Thanks for the screenshots!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.