When did Anakin surpass Dooku?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
At what point during TCW do you think Anakin had surpassed Dooku and had the power and skill to beat him?

Sheev
Probably by season 5 or 6.

relentless1
there's an episode where Anakin is protecting the chancellor from Dooku and hes got Dooku backpedaling as he dips into his darker nature, id say he could've killed Dooku there had it not been for Dookus last ditch lightning attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQATBFIZ13o

Galan007
Dooku definitely seemed worried there. thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by relentless1
there's an episode where Anakin is protecting the chancellor from Dooku and hes got Dooku backpedaling as he dips into his darker nature, id say he could've killed Dooku there had it not been for Dookus last ditch lightning attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQATBFIZ13o

Yeah but lightning seemed to give Dooku the edge there. So I wouldnt say he had surpassed Dooku yet in an all out.

In Dark Disciple they are said to be fighting back and forth, so probably still relatively equal.

So post DD I guess. Which im guessing brings it pretty close to ROTS.

Total Warrior
^Agreed tbh

YousufKhan1212
DD probably. DS Anakin > LS Anakin >= Dooku.

relentless1
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah but lightning seemed to give Dooku the edge there. So I wouldnt say he had surpassed Dooku yet in an all out.

In Dark Disciple they are said to be fighting back and forth, so probably still relatively equal.

So post DD I guess. Which im guessing brings it pretty close to ROTS.

true, but Dooku was acting out of near desperation there, he was backed into a corner and put on the back foot for the first time in their encounters so it at least showed that Anakin was on his level if not somewhat beyond

YousufKhan1212
Is the OP referring to DS or LS Anakin? Anakin holistically more powerful when he seizes on the Dark Side.

Darth Thor
true, but Dooku was acting out of near desperation there, he was backed into a corner and put on the back foot for the first time in their encounters so it at least showed that Anakin was on his level if not somewhat beyond

He was on his level (or slightly above) in Sabers, but not in an all out.

Wasnt just the Lightning, the whole fight Dookus force powers were keeping Anakin at bay.

relentless1
He was on his level (or slightly above) in Sabers, but not in an all out.

Wasnt just the Lightning, the whole fight Dookus force powers were keeping Anakin at bay.

that's true, but for the first time Dooku was actually on the back pedal which is why I say that this is where the shift in power starts to come into play, remember that Dooku was soundly defeated in ROTS and it all came down to saber fighting not Force powers, the novel makes it very clear that Dooku saber style couldn't mesh well against Anakins and the guys at TCW chose that fight to showcase that Anakin was becoming a big time threat to Dooku

Darth Thor
that's true, but for the first time Dooku was actually on the back pedal which is why I say that this is where the shift in power starts to come into play, remember that Dooku was soundly defeated in ROTS and it all came down to saber fighting not Force powers, the novel makes it very clear that Dooku saber style couldn't mesh well against Anakins and the guys at TCW chose that fight to showcase that Anakin was becoming a big time threat to Dooku

Yeah sure. And I agree thats when they became peers. Just think Dooku still had the edge. But I agree their fights were defo competitive from that point onwards.

ares834
Which is dumb. If Dooku was pressed so badly by Anakin, why was he so confident that he could take on both Anakin and Obi-wan at the same time?

Darth Thor
Well they sort of addressed that with the S6 fight where he does take them both on. Plus Dooku is too arrogant to admit Anakin was already his equal. That shows at the end me of that Crisis on Naboo fight.

But yeah its just part of Star Wars Canon having a long history of inconsistencies.

StiltmanFTW
End of TCW / RotS.

My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
End of TCW / RotS.

My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count. When that quote was said, Anakin likelt referred to their duel in AotC

StiltmanFTW
I know, but hey, old canon hierarchy puts TCW on the same level with movies and Lucas had no problem making Obi & Ani encountering Dooku in the show.

It counts.

ares834
No, TCW is T-canon which is one step down from the films.

Well they sort of addressed that with the S6 fight where he does take them both on.

Forgot about that.

Eli Vanto
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Is the OP referring to DS or LS Anakin? Quantify both.

McP
Depends, LS Anakin has never surpassed Dooku. Everytime Obi-Wan is near, Anakin is not using his anger and hate, and he's always at leats one step after Dooku. It's a quite different story, when Anakin is using it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ares834
No, TCW is T-canon which is one step down from the films.

I stand corrected.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.