The 2020 Recession (aka The Trump Recession)?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard

Surtur
https://media.giphy.com/media/srTYyZ1BjBtGU/giphy.gif

jaden_2.0
Not to worry. I'm sure fund management companies will protect themselves at the cost of the pension funds they have control over. They'll be fine. Nice that you're concerned though.

Robtard
Couldn't they just get their lobbyist to sway politicians to then have the US taxpayers bail them out of their obligations? Or does that work differently for fund management companies?

eg Remember when Trumpco let Murray Energy (Trump's good friend) out of their 6.5billion dollar coal miner's pension obligation, by making the tax payers cover it after Murray filed for bankruptcy/restructuring protection. Which could happen again no less, as the bailout didn't fix the underlying issues.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
*Trumper coping image posted*

Eye C

dadudemon
None of those options are good.

Without COVID-19, we would not have seen the recession until 2022. The "signals" in '18 and '19 were not recession signals, they were growth signals. Any economist who tells you otherwise is a retconning snake oil salesman.

Robtard
Yep, was all just a coincidence and when they said a recession was coming back then, they didn't actually say it or something.

In reality, all the virus did was expose Trump's feed-the-rich house-of-cards policies and expose their weakness at a slightly advanced rate.

carthage

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Yep, was all just a coincidence and when they said a recession was coming back then, they didn't actually say it or something.

A recession due to inappropriate hysteria over a virus is hardly the point you're trying to make. It's not the recession you're talking about.

In reality, all the virus did was expose Trump's feed-the-rich house-of-cards policies and expose their weakness at a slightly advanced rate.

You literally agree with me in the most direct way possible and I have no idea why you'd disagree.

2022, baby. That's when it would have hit.

Blakemore
So I'll be dead most likely...

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
A recession due to inappropriate hysteria over a virus is hardly the point you're trying to make. It's not the recession you're talking about.

You literally agree with me in the most direct way possible and I have no idea why you'd disagree.

2022, baby. That's when it would have hit.

Nope.com

Nope. You actually agree with me, it's why in the other thread you said you hope the recession hits in December 2020, not before. Because if it hit before the election, it would hurt Trump's chances of winning. Twas implied.

dadudemon
Nope.com

Nope. You actually agree with me, it's why in the other thread you said you hope the recession hits in December 2020, not before. Because if it hit before the election, it would hurt Trump's chances of winning. Twas implied.

That's still wrong. I talked about the economy still trying to recover to pre-2008 housing market crash numbers. I talked down to people lauding Trump's numbers. And my comment about December 2020 was a dig at people who think Trump is an economic genius. If you remember, around July 2019, there was 0 hope that anyone could beat Trump and quite a few Trumpers could not resist that mushroom dick. The comment was about Trump winning and then crashing and burning: making them eat their own words. the recession was inevitable but not until around 2022 or 2023.

But since we have this COVID-19 hoax to deal with, we got a nice recession early.

Robtard
So you agree with me then, I said Covid-19 exposed the flaws in Trump's disastrous policies and economy and now we're getting the recession right now, instead of later this year as was on schedule. Somewhere between a 3 to 9 month speed-up.

dadudemon
So you agree with me then, I said Covid-19 exposed the flaws in Trump's disastrous policies and economy and now we're getting the recession right now

No, I do not agree with that statement. Regardless of how perfect Trump's policies were, we'd still see a massive market drop just like the rest of the world. South Korea, unarguably, had the best response to COVID-19 after it broke out there. Korean markets still are just as affected.

...instead of later this year as was on schedule. Somewhere between a 3 to 9 month speed-up.

You're confusing the natural market ebs and flows with Trump's economic policies. It was going to happen, regardless. It would have just taken about 2 years longer before that recession hit.

Blakemore
Trump caused COVID-19

Surtur
No, I do not agree with that statement. Regardless of how perfect Trump's policies were, we'd still see a massive market drop just like the rest of the world. South Korea, unarguably, had the best response to COVID-19 after it broke out there. Korean markets still are just as affected.

https://i.imgur.com/yrDDXkw.jpg

Surtur
Originally posted by Blakemore
Trump caused COVID-19

Plus he killed all the dinosaurs AND jesus.

Robtard
No, I do not agree with that statement.

You don't have to agree with me, you can be wrong.

BrolyBlack
Rob why do you want the US to fail so much during this crisis?

Raptor22
Plus he killed all the dinosaurs AND jesus. come on surt. No one really believes trump killed the dinosaurs.

Everyone knows the dinosaurs were killed off by the sumerians 4,000 years ago.

Robtard
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Rob why do you want the US to fail so much during this crisis?
^ Loaded question.

Surtur
Originally posted by Raptor22
come on surt. No one really believes trump killed the dinosaurs.

Everyone knows the dinosaurs were killed off by the sumerians 4,000 years ago.

Ah yes, at a time when Earth was so very young. Just 2,000 years old.

Robtard
Guys, can you please not derail this important thread with nonsense? Thanks thumb up

ps It was the Jews who killed both the dinosaurs and Christ. Everyone knows it's always the Jews. Always.

BrolyBlack
^ Loaded question.

How not rooting for the US to pull through this. You aim is only on what Trump said.

Robtard
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
How not rooting for the US to pull through this. You aim is only on what Trump said.

This is another lie-attack from you because you can't deal with Trump's disastrous moves like an adult, so you take it out on me.

Blakemore
Guys, can you please not derail this important thread with nonsense? Thanks thumb up

ps It was the Jews who killed both the dinosaurs and Christ. Everyone knows it's always the Jews. Always. How would we know the difference.

BrolyBlack

Robtard
dp

Robtard
Browser went coocoo

Robtard

BrolyBlack

Robtard
Yes, TI, your antics here will stop the looming recession.

Anyhow, topic: business news on the radio said that the US could potentially retract between 10-15% in the next quarter. Shit is going to get really bad if that happens.

Which is similar to what some analyst are saying could happen in the UK come late 2020 or early 2021. They said 15%.

dadudemon

Anyhow, topic: business news on the radio said that the US could potentially retract between 10-15% in the next quarter. Shit is going to get really bad if that happens.

Which is similar to what some analyst are saying could happen in the UK come late 2020 or early 2021. They said 15%.

My company's stock finally went up. And it went up 10%. I hope this keeps ups. If I had the option, I'd purchase thousands of dollars in shares of my company's stock because it should double by June. sad

But, "insider trading" and the regulations - I am not allowed to purchase stocks but twice a year under very controlled buying. Even though I have no better insight than the public...I feel like these stock regulations are made only to keep the little man out and he dumb rich people from making money. Special rules so the rich can stay rich.

BrolyBlack

Why call me TI? Did I touch you wrong?

Robtard
Thank you for the info.

BrolyBlack
Show me where I touched you wrong

Robtard
This post reminded me of this thread:

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
So you agree a recession and perhaps a depression is coming that will be attributed to Trump.

Maybe Whirl's is right and we're not just heading towards a recession, but another depression (Trumpers, look up what the difference is), so this thread will likely need to be renamed to: "The 2020 Depression (aka The Trump Depression)?"

dadudemon
This post reminded me of this thread:

Maybe Whirl's is right and we're not just heading towards a recession, but another depression (Trumpers, look up what the difference is), so this thread will likely need to be renamed to: "The 2020 Depression (aka The Trump Depression)?"

I really really hope you're wrong. Legitimately and genuinely hope you're wrong.

But...

I have no confidence in you being right or wrong. It really depends on how quickly people can get back to work. The stocks are up again, today.

Quarterly Earnings and Shareholder reports were held today with my company. It was mixed. Barely finshed negative for the day despite the massive economic damage that was done in March (our peers were massively hit and I think our stock market results today are largely ancillary to our peers performing terribly whereas we performed really well). smile So, I'm good for a while where I am.

For a while.

Worried about everyone else, however. Sure, the US needs energy. Even if almost all other non-essential sectors crash, we'll need sanitation, energy, food, medical, and emergency services. I don't want to move to the top 1% of income earners without my income changing at all because of a massive depression.

Old Man Whirly!
We have a perfect storm coming, Trade Wars, Protectionism, Covid19, Brexit...

Robtard

Surtur
I love this. You're gonna show the mods are impotent if they don't ban u for this.

Was that the intent?

Robtard

Surtur
Are you implying the mods are so unintelligent they won't be able to see what you're doing?

Or that they will and will just not care? smile

Robtard
This thread is about the 2020 US Recession (coming Depression). So why would they ban me for posting an ontopic post?

Oh, IC, you're just doing your derailing trolling while trying to get me banned again thing. Okay, have fun!

Surtur
You spoke of reporting me earlier, I know you're probably a lying weasel, but still...these threads are clearly meant to stir shit up.

So at this point if nothing happens they have no teeth or are selective in their application of these new rules.

Good stuff, did you do this on purpose?

Old Man Whirly!
Is Surt trying to get people banned again? So weird, why do that shit?

Surtur

Turn back, this road ain't for you.

Old Man Whirly!
Turn back, this road ain't for you. Why are you guys trying to get people banned, it's weird.

Robtard

I've bumped a few of my older threads with current on-topic stories as is the proper protocol and Surt didn't like it. So he's trying to poison-the-well against me with the mods to get me banned (as before). Very childish, but amusing to watch.

Surtur
Why are you guys trying to get people banned, it's weird.

Not trying to get anyone banned, mostly just proving a point.

Surtur
I've bumped a few of my older threads with current on-topic stories as is the proper protocol and Surt didn't like it. So he's trying to poison-the-well against me with the mods to get me banned (as before). Very childish, but amusing to watch.

Playing the victim now? I laughed.

Old Man Whirly!
I've bumped a few of my older threads with current on-topic stories as is the proper protocol and Surt didn't like it. So he's trying to poison-the-well against me with the mods to get me banned (as before). Very childish, but amusing to watch. I dont get this thing he Broly and DDM are doing reporting people for on topic posting and fact checking.

Robtard
Okay Surt, should I have made a completely new thread to post about the US recession when there's already a thread on the topic? Why?

Surtur
I dont get this thing he Broly and DDM are doing reporting people for on topic posting and fact checking.

Oh son, turn back. Here there be dragons.

Surtur
Okay Surt, should I have made a completely new thread to post about the US recession when there's already a thread on the topic? Why?

If you're framing it as a trump issue post it in the trump thread.

But why play games? You did this cuz you were called out for doing it, so you won't and bumped a bunch of threads.

Now the mods have no choice but to ban you or admit they are impotent in these matters.

Old Man Whirly!
Oh son, turn back. Here there be dragons. it's weird Surt, tbh honest yung'un. I don't get it at all.

Surtur
it's weird Surt, tbh honest yung'un. I don't get it at all.

Okay, let me explain: I wanna see if they practice what they preach

Rob is bumping threads in bad faith to bait people. I do not think he should be banned, but a mod said baiting people would get you banned.

Up to them.

Old Man Whirly!
Okay, let me explain: I wanna see if they practice what they preach

Rob is bumping threads in bad faith to bait people. I do not think he should be banned, but a mod said baiting people would get you banned.

Up to them. He is updating threads, you guys reported me, well Broly for the opposite. Make up your minds.

eThneoLgrRnae
If you're framing it as a trump issue post it in the trump thread.

But why play games? You did this cuz you were called out for doing it, so you won't and bumped a bunch of threads.

Now the mods have no choice but to ban you or admit they are impotent in these matters.

We all know Rob will never be banned for breaking any rules that most other people would get banned immediately for. He has immunity from being banned because he sucks so much mod dick lol... probably swallows too. laughing out loud

Robtard
I dont get this thing he Broly and DDM are doing reporting people for on topic posting and fact checking.

What happened is this recession is real and it looks absolutely terrible for Trump and more importantly, Trump's chances of winning in Nov. So instead of facing the facts that we're in a recession with a looming depression, Surt's going "ReeeeEEEEeeeEE!" in here.

Thing is, the facts don't care about his feelings. We'll still be in a recession despite his feeling.

Silent Master
A 3 week old story, couldn't you find something more recent to use as an excuse?

Surtur
He is updating threads, you guys reported me, well Broly for the opposite. Make up your minds.

Just seeing if they practice what they preach. Looking forward to it.

Spoiler: they won't

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
A 3 week old story, couldn't you find something more recent to use as an excuse?

Yeah he's flailing.

Old Man Whirly!
A 3 week old story, couldn't you find something more recent to use as an excuse? Robs story is relevant now, you are in an election.

Robtard
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
We all know Rob will never be banned for breaking any rules that most other people would get banned immediately for. He has immunity from being banned because he sucks so much mod dick lol... probably swallows too. laughing out loud

Yeah he's flailing.

Fellas, the US is in a recession and there's a legit concern for a full-blown HIV+ depression looming in the horizon. These are facts and they don't care about your Trumper feelings.

As an American, I am not happy about this. But it's a fact.

Surtur
Lol. Really gonna keep pretending? Okay.

Old Man Whirly!
Fellas, the US is in a recession and there's a legit concern for a full-blown HIV+ depression looming in the horizon. These are facts and they don't care about your Trumper feelings.

As an American, I am not happy about this. But it's a fact. thumb up In election year people need to know to make informed decisions and try and make changes to improve this situation before it is too late.

Robtard
Robs story is relevant now, you are in an election.

They've done the same complaint over me updating a thread with a 6-day old story.

It's as you said, it's news they don't like/want to hear, so here we are with their meltdowns.

Surtur
thumb up In election year people need to know to make informed decisions and try and make changes to improve this situation before it is too late.

You think they'll be dumb enough to buy this? Damn.

How little respect do you have for them?

Old Man Whirly!
They've done the same complaint over me updating a thread with a 6-day old story.

It's as you said, it's news they don't like/want to hear, so here we are with their meltdowns. I mean it's like DDM wanting to gaslight over Nazi's being left wing, what was that about ffs. He reported me for fact checking him the other day. I just dont get the need for all this misinformation. Even if you disagree, at least use real facts.

Robtard
The facts are we're in recession with a looming depression in an election year and this doesn't bode well for Trump's bid for a second term.

If they want to scream "ITS! NOT! TRUMP'S! FAULT!" as they always do. Fine, I don't care, they can be wrong. But there's no denying we're in a recession, any sensible person can agree with that.

Old Man Whirly!
The facts are we're in recession with a looming depression in an election year and this doesn't bode well for Trump's bid for a second term.

If they want to scream "ITS! NOT! TRUMP'S! FAULT!" as they always do. Fine, I don't care, they can be wrong. But there's no denying we're in a recession, any sensible person can agree with that. thumb up

Silent Master
Robs story is relevant now, you are in an election.

Have fun trolling Surt.

Robtard
^ News I don't like = Trolling

Did you even read the story? I don't think you did.

Silent Master
Why would I, I'm not your target.

Robtard
Good job making Surt be the victim thumb up

But since you admit you didn't read the story, leave the thread.

Silent Master
I didn't know you were a mod.

Robtard

Old Man Whirly!
Oh S and M... no *cringe*

Silent Master
Leave the thread isn't a request, let alone a friendly one. BTW, who says I have to read every story someone posts in order to comment in a thread?

Robtard

Silent Master
Yeah, covid really did a number on us and all the Democrat leaders encouraging thousands of people to gather in large crowds isn't helping.

Darth Thor
Because (From what I can tell) Trump put his efforts into helping the stock market instead of saving jobs.

Silent Master
Yep and the Dems and Reps in the legislative branch helped him

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Because (From what I can tell) Trump put his efforts into helping the stock market instead of saving jobs.

It's because he foolish directly tied his presidency/name to something as volatile as the Stock Market. Why he's first to take credit when it has a good day but is no where to be seen when it sinks.

We'll see in November if his bold (fools?) gamble pays off or not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.