Greenland (2020)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Saw the trailer for this before Bloodshot and I have to admit that the asteroid destruction and shit looked cool on the big, nice screen.

We haven't seen an asteroid movie like Armageddon or Deep Impact in a while. I guess we were due...

I can't find the trailer on YouTube for some reason, though. Here's the IMDB page.

jaden_2.0
Trailer finally on YouTube

At least it looks better than Geostorm

J43zOCT0Wy0

riv6672
Ha, I remember how shitty Geostorm looked in the trailers.
I actually enjoyed it though!

This trailer looks interesting enough. thumb up

Chint
It looks pretty cool. I think it's worth noting. I was interested

Patient_Leech
Watched the first act or so of this last night. Enjoying it so far.

We were due for a disaster movie like this (asteroid or meteor, etc). And the year 2020 seems appropriate. Haha.

Old Man Whirly!
Yeah, I enjoyed it, it's basically when worlds collide without the world to travel to. And, Gerard plays that character he usually plays.

BrolyBlack
Sounds with watching,

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Oh, sorry. Yeah, I finished it. It's pretty standard, nothing major we haven't seen before, but there's some nice effects, and it's well acted. Definitely worth it for Morena Baccaren. I enjoyed it. It comes across as a pretty plausible sci-fi disaster flick.

oliverjack
This is definitely one of the best diasters films that I have seen and it is worth your time watching. Personally, before I saw it my expectation was that this is going to be Geostrom 2 kind of bad disaster movie

Kelly_Bean
Fun movie. Not a blockbuster or anything though.

TheVaultDweller
I find it amusing how the kid in disaster movies virtually always has some kind of health problem or ailment that forms part of the plot. And how the parents also almost always seem at odds at the start of the film. It's like there's an unwritten rule that at least one of these elements needs to be included in a large scale disaster movie.

riv6672

rudester
I get scared easily now. embarrasment

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I find it amusing how the kid in disaster movies virtually always has some kind of health problem or ailment that forms part of the plot.

Yeah I gave up after they got to the airbase.
I was already cringing when Butler & his family got to the front of the panicked crowd just by saying, "Excuse me!"

Shortly followed by, "20 mins before the plane leaves...yeah that's enough time to struggle back through the crowd, grab the medicine from the car & push to the front of the crowd again..."

Errr how about asking the medic if they had insulin on stock?

Yeah this is where I turned it off.

rudester
This is shit. Why'd I watch this garbage wasted my time.

rudester
Thanks for recommending this garbage Leech!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.