Captain Marvel (Marvel) vs Shazam (DC) Using this as a baseline?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aakla
Since Captain Marvel and Shazam are the same person, well their power is. Could we use These 2 characters as a baseline for other comparisons when it comes to power levels?

Or has this been covered already?

zopzop
Originally posted by Aakla
Since Captain Marvel and Shazam are the same person, well their power is. Could we use These 2 characters as a baseline for other comparisons when it comes to power levels?

Or has this been covered already?
They are NOT the same person. Two totally different characters with different sources of their power.

Billy would beat Mar-vell though. He's more poweful overall.

Aakla
Ok well they use to be the same character.

the original Shazam was Captain Marvel and got sued by DC for copying Superman. the company quit comics and let their copyrights run out. marvel picked up the character and name captain marvel and dc picked up the character and the name Shazam. Marvel sued DC at one point because dc called Shazam "the orginal captain marvel" or something.

So they basically are the same character. yes powers might have changed but I mean could we use them as a baseline for dc -vs- marvel comparisons

For example:
If shazam's greatest feat was using all his strength to, i don't know lets say escape a black hole.
And if Captain's Marvel's greatest feat was using all her strength to stop a planet,

then Escaping a Black hole in DC would be the equivalent of Stopping a Planet in Marvel.

Sorry I hope that makes sense.

CosmicComet
Interesting troll thread

Aakla
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Interesting troll thread

I'm not trolling, there is constant arguments about feat comparisons but 2 vastly different universes. since Shazam and Captain Marvel are the same character, then we can use their feats to come up with a baseline comparison.

CosmicComet
No.

lawest9
Originally posted by Aakla
I'm not trolling, there is constant arguments about feat comparisons but 2 vastly different universes. since Shazam and Captain Marvel are the same character, then we can use their feats to come up with a baseline comparison. You've already been told that the character that you are calling "Shazam" is NOT the same character as Marvel comics Captain Marvel who real name is Carol Danvers, "Shazam" is the ORIGINAL Captain Marvel, and that is what I personally will always call him.

Stoic
I think that the OP is asking for, Which DC incarnation of Billy/Shazam/Captain Marvel is more powerful. This has nothing to do with Captain Carol Danvers.

lawest9
Originally posted by Stoic
I think that the OP is asking for, Which DC incarnation of Billy/Shazam/Captain Marvel is more powerful. This has nothing to do with Captain Carol Danvers. Okay I re- read his 2nd post and if I understand his question correctly then Captain Marvel wss most powerful when he was under the Fawcett comics banter before DC got a hold of him and screwed him up.

zopzop
Originally posted by lawest9
You've already been told that the character that you are calling "Shazam" is NOT the same character as Marvel comics Captain Marvel who real name is Carol Danvers, "Shazam" is the ORIGINAL Captain Marvel, and that is what I personally will always call him.
I don't think he's talking about Carol (aka Ms. Marvel who LATER became Captain Marvel). I think he's talking about the 'original' Marvel character Captain Marvel, the Kree warrior with the Negabands.

Aakla
I just wanted to know, since Shazam and Captain Marvel are different versions of the same character. could they be used as a baseline for future comparisons. So if Shazam could lift 100m tons and captain marvel could lift 50m tons, then 100m tons in DC would be equal to 50 tons in Marvel.

but from reading this i'm guessing not, sorry.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by zopzop
I don't think he's talking about Carol (aka Ms. Marvel who LATER became Captain Marvel). I think he's talking about the 'original' Marvel character Captain Marvel, the Kree warrior with the Negabands.

The true Captain Marvel is Mar-Vell

lawest9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
The true Captain Marvel is Mar-Vell No, the true Captain Marvel IS Captain Marvel.........SHAZAM!!!!!!!!

Sin I AM
No, the true Captain Marvel IS Captain Marvel.........SHAZAM!!!!!!!!

He can't even use his own moniker. False Marvel

lawest9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
He can't even use his own moniker. False Marvel Nawww.........his REAL name is CAPTAIN MARVEL!!!!!!!😉😉😉

Stoic
Okay I re- read his 2nd post and if I understand his question correctly then Captain Marvel wss most powerful when he was under the Fawcett comics banter before DC got a hold of him and screwed him up.

The way that they replied gave me the feeling that they wanted to know the differences that have happened to the Shazam character, before, during, and after the 52 reboot. But you know, this may be troll bait. Your answer seems good.

lawest9
Yes it could possibly be troll bait, I'll tell however that before DC brought the character back from a 20 year hiatus, only true long time comic fans in the early 70's only remembered CM as he only became prominent in the minds of many due to the Saturday morning live-action tv show named 'Shazam', I remember many of my high school classmates who were not advert comic book readers at all referring to him as "Shazam', and if you asked most of them what the hero's name was thry couldn't even tell you despite often watching the opening of the that loudly pronounced his name CAPTAIN MARVEL with either Jackson or Davey in the opening credits as ----------Captain Marvel.

This used to annoy me to no end for some reason, then another kick in the head came when DC officially changed his name to "Shazam" in 2010, DC knuckled under and played into and empowered a very ignorant and confusing case of mistaken identity as Shazam was always the name of the wizard that granted Billy his powers, and DC could've have done a much better job of making CM more of a success, my father was a big Captain Marvel fan having been born in the mid 20's and he wouldn't have been pleased at the handling of his favorite superhero, this is why I often wonder how Cap would've fitted into the MCU if they have brought the rights to the Fawcett comics line instead of snatching up the name only.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.