The best duelist??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
In terms of pure technical skill with a lightsaber, who was the best?

canon and legends.

Total Warrior
Yoda maybe? After all he disarmed Sidious

Eli Vanto
But do you think his technical skill with ataru was superior to, say, Kenobi's technical skill with Soresu or Dooku's technical skill with makashi?

Darthadi
In legends it was Luke.

Galan007
This is a difficult question to answer.

Yoda was 'the' master of Ataru, just like Kenobi was 'the' master of Soresu, and Dooku was 'the' Master of Makashi. They had all fully perfected their forms of choice... So how can we say which of them was more technically proficient?

Sure, Yoda would beat them, but that has more to do with his overall power than just pure technical skill, imo.

Psychotron
Anakin was more impressive than Yoda when we compare their performances against Dooku. He should be in the top 5, if not top 3.

S_W_LeGenD
Difficult to tell.

PT era duelists are better known in this domain such as Yoda, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Count Dooku and Anakin Skywalker.

In ancient times, Tulak Hord, Exar Kun, Darth Malgus, and Senya Tirall were particularly renowned for their dueling abilities. Each had rivals in this domain by the way.

Luke Skywalker and Darth Caedus were really good in their era.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Yoda maybe? After all he disarmed Sidious

Maybe Mace for doing the same but not being as quite as powerful as either of those two.

NewGuy01
Anakin.

Zentrex
As per Nick Gilliard, all lvl 9's are equal. I mean, there's only so good you can get until your response to an attack coming your way is THE perfect one. And if you can attack and defend perfectly each time, then the only room for improvement lies in how fast and strong you are. So there can't really be one BEST duelist.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Zentrex
As per Nick Gilliard, all lvl 9's are equal. I mean, there's only so good you can get until your response to an attack coming your way is THE perfect one. And if you can attack and defend perfectly each time, then the only room for improvement lies in how fast and strong you are. So there can't really be one BEST duelist.
Good observation.

Following dialogue comes to mind:

"Malgus's lightsaber form was flawless, but he let his anger and desperation cloud his fighting. He faltered, and I followed through."

Zentrex
Malgus is a good example thumb up

He let the force take over his body and fight in his place, so there were no erros.

McP
Yoda was better then Mace, which is confirmed in a commentary of AotC. In Canon, still Yoda I would say. In Legends it's much harder. Should be Luke I guess.

Darth Oblation
Ulic Qel-Droma still has the best feat of all in Legends canon, when it comes to technical ability.

hutchy1345
Originally posted by Darth Oblation
Ulic Qel-Droma still has the best feat of all in Legends canon, when it comes to technical ability.

Which is?

NewGuy01
Fighting Sylvar as a muggle, I imagine.

Darth Oblation
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Fighting Sylvar as a muggle, I imagine.

thumb up

xPRIMEx
Probably Rey

McP
Troll detected

YousufKhan1212
Quinlan Vos is the best in the PT era.

hutchy1345
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Quinlan Vos is the best in the PT era.

Why lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.