Rise Of Skywalker general questions etc..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
I was not sure on some things just thought i will ask some general questions :

1. When Rey absorbed all the power from the jedi and fought Sidious were they considered equal in power: ie both light and dark side etc ?

2. When she (Rey) defeated him and died , did Kylo Ren transfer Leias soul into her or if not what type of energy ?

3. Do you think Sidious is still alive and if so how ? Or reckon he will come back some how?

Galan007
1.) Rey was marginally more powerful. That's why she was able to overcome him.

2.) In canon, the healing ability works by transferring your own lifeforce into the being you heal. The more grievous their injury, the more lifeforce is required to heal them. If they are dead, it requires all of your lifeforce to bring them back. That's how Ben resurrected Rey, and why he died as a result.

3.) No, he's dead. Per the novel, the transfer can only be successful if the Sith has a proper vessel ready and waiting to receive their essence when they die -- that's why Plagueis(the being who discovered/invented this ability) wasn't able to resurrect himself when Palpatine killed him. Same thing with Palpatine in RoS: he had no other suitable vessels to transfer his essence into when Rey killed him.

ozz81
Originally posted by Galan007
1.) Rey was marginally more powerful. That's why she was able to overcome him.

2.) In canon, the healing ability works by transferring your own lifeforce into the being you heal. The more grievous their injury, the more lifeforce is required to heal them. If they are dead, it requires all of your lifeforce to bring them back. That's how Ben resurrected Rey, and why he died as a result.

3.) No, he's dead. Per the novel, the transfer can only be successful if the Sith has a proper vessel ready and waiting to receive their essence when they die -- that's why Plagueis(the being who discovered/invented this ability) wasn't able to resurrect himself when Palpatine killed him. Same thing with Palpatine in RoS: he had no other suitable vessels to transfer his essence into when Rey killed him.

Thanks so much makes it clearer. Sorry i wasnt to sure thought i will ask as well: when Rey defeated Sidous see how she died as well afterwards reckon that was an indication they were both equal ie light and dark etc or ?

Galan007
I wouldn't use Rey's death as any sort of indicator, tbh.

When Palpatine absorbed the Dyad juice, Rey and Ben were left almost entirely powerless... In fact, Rey was stated to be "near death", before she even connected with all the Jedi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.