Empty Hand and Gentry invade and attacks the marvel multiverse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DantasKEdc
what happens?

MrMind
Empty Hand wins

Galan007
Marvel loses.

Senor Cage
The entire multiverse? I'd like to know why.

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
Marvel loses.

qwertyuiop1998
Empty Hand consumes the entire Marvel multiverse

Senor Cage
Originally posted by Senor Cage

CatL18
Empty Hand is us without restriction.
So,EH stomps.

TheHulkster
What are his feats?

ShadowFyre
I'm not saying he doesn't need feats, but he is us. He should whip Marvel,DC,Darkhorse,Image etc. etc. simultaneously

Really just depends how you view it. He is the empty hand after the story is done. Past the comics death, or writer or whatever. It's done. Story is over.

But is it? I mean I have re read stories, or given friends comics or whatever. And then the story continues?

MrMind
Originally posted by Senor Cage

He destroyed Multiverse-2 if you want in-universe feats.

the reason Empty Hand wins is because

this is statement from Morrison

"Always I've thought, and particularly now in the era of event-driven comics where characters are subjected to these absolutely life-ruining events in every story arc, I wanted to sum up what all these stories are. It's where the characters get to the end and they appear to have beaten the bad guy, and then an even bigger bad guy shows up and says, "I'll get you later." The real big bad guy at the end - he looks like the Ultra Comics character, but he's also the reader. The empty hand of the reader when he puts the comic down and everything ends. But like the bad guy, he can also come back in full force and say, "You'll meet me again."

I like my books to have multiple meanings. There's multiple ways of reading it. The big bad at the end represents all the big bads in every story. We just beat that villain, now here comes the Anti-Monitor. We just beat the Anti-Monitor, now here comes something that's bigger than big. That was my thinking - the ultimate bigger than big, the ultimate universe destroyer. It's the reader, who chooses to either participate or not."

Empty hand is the meta God transcend supreme beings in comics, he's the empty hand of readers closing the books. he-just like the readers- can choose if he wants to participate reading the story or not.

characters like TOAA, Beyonder, Living Tribunal are no threats to you and me. They are no threats to Empty hand

Empty hand is every antagonist, every big bad ever existed.

All he has to do is close the marvel comics, and Marvel will lose

Galan007
thumb up

BrolyBlack

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

Writer statements are cool?

Galan007
Morrison isn't altering continuity, or adding feats there. He's simply explaining what The Empty Hand represents at a metafictional level... Which is perfectly in-line with what we already know about Ultra: he is literally powered by 'us'(ie. the comic book readers.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.