Could Snoke still be alive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
So after going back through the RoS novelization, I noticed something a bit odd...

When Kylo first traveled to Exegol, he noted the multiple Snoke clones floating in the tank(as we saw in the film):

But when Rey later traveled to Exegol to confront Palpatine, she explicitly noted that the same tank was now empty:

So the Snoke clones had been inextricably moved *somewhere* during the film. Do you think that Palpatine simply had them destroyed because he no longer had a need for Snoke, or do you think this could set up a future plot for Snoke's return?

Scizard
I think it's likely he just got rid of them. Atleast that's what I hope. He probably thought about to snatch Rey's body and decided to dumped or something.

Zenwolf
If they bring him back in other material that's just gonna be one huge slap in the face, cause they could have done that in the movie without even touching Palps returning..

Galan007
I completely agree.

But at this point I also wouldn't be surprised if they brought him back. ermm

Darth Thor
Easy enough to bring him back. Just another clone.

But if I were Disney id steer as far away from the sequels as possible.

Total Warrior
I wonder how they will handle Rey's rebuilding of the jedi order

juggernaut74
I suppose they could bring him back Disney brought back Palpatine after all.

Sheev
I hope to christ they don't explore the clone bullshit again. But it does seem like they've left it as a possibility. thumb down

Zentrex
Originally posted by Sheev
I hope to christ they don't explore the clone bullshit again. But it does seem like they've left it as a possibility. thumb down

I doubt it. Pretty sure all this clone stuff was just to explain all the nonsense in RoS.

Regardless, didn't Snoke need Sheev's mind to actually function? Or could be think on his own?

Originally posted by Total Warrior
I wonder how they will handle Rey's rebuilding of the jedi order
You think they're going to? I haven't seen RoS, but didn't she just sort of...go away at the end of the film? I know she hid away the lightsabers, so is she going to build new ones? Does she know about Ilum?

In what way do you think they'll tell the story? Comic books? Books? The NuCanon EU has been fairly restricted to "journey towards the next cash-grab" at this point, so it would be new if they actually had things happen in the EU just to expand upon a complete story from the movies.

Not that these movies have given us a good idea of what the Galaxy at large has looked like through all of this. Which is not difficult, since the OT did it without even getting us off set.

Idk, I'm rambling again.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Zentrex
I doubt it. Pretty sure all this clone stuff was just to explain all the nonsense in RoS.

Regardless, didn't Snoke need Sheev's mind to actually function? Or could be think on his own?

You think they're going to? I haven't seen RoS, but didn't she just sort of...go away at the end of the film? I know she hid away the lightsabers, so is she going to build new ones? Does she know about Ilum?

In what way do you think they'll tell the story? Comic books? Books? The NuCanon EU has been fairly restricted to "journey towards the next cash-grab" at this point, so it would be new if they actually had things happen in the EU just to expand upon a complete story from the movies.

Not that these movies have given us a good idea of what the Galaxy at large has looked like through all of this. Which is not difficult, since the OT did it without even getting us off set.

Idk, I'm rambling again.

I mean the First Order is still around, so that still needs to be dealt with...I don't have much high hopes for anything post ST.

Zentrex
First Order's still around?

Galan007
Regardless, didn't Snoke need Sheev's mind to actually function? Or could be think on his own? Snoke seemed to have been an independent entity.

You think they're going to? I haven't seen RoS, but didn't she just sort of...go away at the end of the film? I know she hid away the lightsabers, so is she going to build new ones? Does she know about Ilum? I think she buried Luke and Leia's sabers out of respect. I'm sure she'll go on to try and rekindle the Jedi Order.

Ilum is no longer around... It's the planet that the FO converted into Starkiller Base.

In what way do you think they'll tell the story? Comic books? Books? The NuCanon EU has been fairly restricted to "journey towards the next cash-grab" at this point, so it would be new if they actually had things happen in the EU just to expand upon a complete story from the movies. If they explore Rey's story after RoS, hopefully it's just in novel or comic form.

Zentrex
Originally posted by Galan007
Snoke seemed to have been an independent entity.
oh.

oh.

Ohhh! Right, right.

probably

YousufKhan1212
Please don't...

The Merchant
Just watch, in the future some big novel series is gonna say that Plaguies spirit was biding it's time and took over one of those clones or some BS making him the villain of said series lmfao.

relentless1
Snoke was never alive.. he was grown for the Emperor

Galan007
Of course he was alive... We saw him alive as far back as The Rise of Kylo Ren. stick out tongue

And while Snoke was obviously subservient to Palpatine, he was still not a suitable vessel for Palpatine to transfer his essence into -- so he must have been an independent entity.

StiltmanFTW
Snoke was a Thanosi, Quan told me.

Galan007
Lies.

quan is dead.

StiltmanFTW
He merely needs more of his Quansleep after seeing Episode IX.

Galan007
laughing out loud

NewGuy01
The real question is, "who cares if Snoke is still alive?"

Galan007
quan.

NewGuy01
Then why isn't he here to defend him? Coward.

Galan007
He's probably still hanging from a rope in his closet after seeing RoS. thumb up

Zentrex
Originally posted by The Merchant
Just watch, in the future some big novel series is gonna say that Plaguies spirit was biding it's time and took over one of those clones or some BS making him the villain of said series lmfao.
smile
Of course he was alive... We saw him alive as far back as The Rise of Kylo Ren. stick out tongue

And while Snoke was obviously subservient to Palpatine, he was still not a suitable vessel for Palpatine to transfer his essence into -- so he must have been an independent entity.
Wait, but then what was up with "I am every voice you've ever heard"?
And did Palpatine's clones also have wills of their own?
He's probably still hanging from a rope in his closet after seeing RoS. thumb up
confused

shifty

Galan007
Wait, but then what was up with "I am every voice you've ever heard"?
And did Palpatine's clones also have wills of their own? Palpatine was just telepathically communing with Kylo under the guises of Snoke and Vader at times, to keep goading him towards the dark side -- but there is no indication that he was fully in command of Snoke's every action or whathaveyou. Snoke seemed to be a fully independent being who was created by Palpatine, and subservient to him.

Palpatine's clone 'son' was fully sentient, went on to meet a nice young lady, conceive Rey, and keep her hidden from Palpatine for years. So it was definitely possible for Palpatine's clones/creations to have wills of their own.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.