Questions about Savage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scizard
Why is Savage able to instantly knock everyone off their feet with a swing..? He also pushes back Anakin and Kenobi multiple times and knocks them off their feet with the force.

Shouldn't Dooku's lightning have done more damage, to Savage? I suppose this is more a question regarding the disparity from Dark Disciple, I thought Dooku's lightning was able to one hit Assaj and yet in the same episode Savage and Ventress don't really seem to take much damage..

What did the Jedi think of Savage if anything is known or what do you personally think they thought considering that adds 4 known dark siders. Assaj, Savage, Maul & Dooku, I've heard that Mace was of the opinion that Dooku was the Master and Maul was the apprentice, but how about Savage and Assaj?

Why does Savage think Ventress betrayed him?

Zentrex
Savage is supposed to be really strong physically. It's always a little flexible how much muscle mass matters to your strength is star wars vs your ability to augment the force, but whichever the case, Savage is supposed to be very good at it.

I don't think Dooku used his full power every time he attacked Savage with lightning.

I think the Jedi understood that not every dark sider was a sith, so you could have dark jedi like Aurra Sing or dark side adepts like Assaj and Savage without them being sith.

Maul was a "sith," but he wasn't formally part of the sith order, and by Bane's logic that made him an "untrue" sith, and I think the Jedi would know that.

YousufKhan1212
Maul was a true Sith. This "Maul's not a true Sith he is an Assassin" nonsense needs to die.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Maul was a true Sith. This "Maul's not a true Sith he is an Assassin" nonsense needs to die.

IKR

Scizard
He's referring to post TPM Maul who isn't a true sith, since he was replaced.

Galan007
Maul was a true Sith. This "Maul's not a true Sith he is an Assassin" nonsense needs to die. How is that even a thing?

Maul was obviously a Sith(as multiple sources confirm.) He only ceased having a proper Sith title after the events of TPM, when Palpatine thought he was dead and replaced him with Dooku.

YousufKhan1212
Originally posted by Galan007
How is that even a thing?

Maul was obviously a Sith(as multiple sources confirm.) He only ceased having a proper Sith title after the events of TPM, when Palpatine thought he was dead and replaced him with Dooku.

Originally posted by Scizard
He's referring to post TPM Maul who isn't a true sith, since he was replaced.

Be more specific when you say Sith then. Maul got replaced by Dooku as the Sith APPRENTICE of Darth Sidious, so he's no longer a Sith APPRENTICE, but the fact that he's no longer a Sith apprentice doesn't mean he's no longer a Sith LORD. All 3 editions of The Ultimate Visual Guide (2005, 2007 and 2012) explicitly state that Maul is a true Sith Lord. Maul only fully abandons his Sith identity during the rule of the Galactic Empire.

This is the reality:

By TPM, Maul is a Sith Lord and also a Sith apprentice.

By TCW, Maul is Sith Lord but not a Sith apprentice.

By SWR, Maul is not a Sith Lord, nor is he Sith apprentice.

Scizard
By TCW he's a self proclaimed Sith Lord, not the real order, that belongs to Palpatine and Maul has been replaced.

Darth Thor
By TCW he's a self proclaimed Sith Lord, not the real order, that belongs to Palpatine and Maul has been replaced.

Well, its not quite self proclaimed when he was trained as a Sith and still follows their teachings.

All you can say is he broke the RO2 and is no longer part of Banes line.

Scizard
Yes but Bane's line is considered the 'true' Sith Order, no? Trivial anyway. The main problem is with people thinking that he was merely an assassin for Sidious and not intended to be anything more.

Galan007
Be more specific when you say Sith then. Maul got replaced by Dooku as the Sith APPRENTICE of Darth Sidious, so he's no longer a Sith APPRENTICE, but the fact that he's no longer a Sith apprentice doesn't mean he's no longer a Sith LORD. All 3 editions of The Ultimate Visual Guide (2005, 2007 and 2012) explicitly state that Maul is a true Sith Lord. Maul only fully abandons his Sith identity during the rule of the Galactic Empire.

This is the reality:

By TPM, Maul is a Sith Lord and also a Sith apprentice.

By TCW, Maul is Sith Lord but not a Sith apprentice.

By SWR, Maul is not a Sith Lord, nor is he Sith apprentice. I suppose that's true. I was just thinking about it differently, I guess.

Maul was a Sith apprentice who was beaten by a Jedi before he ever had a chance to challenge his Master for supremacy. After his defeat, he was replaced by a different apprentice.

When Maul was resurrected years later, he still tried to adhere to the Sith philosophies and whatnot by taking Savage as his apprentice, so I guess that still technically makes him Sith during TCW... Just not the conventional "I killed my Master to become #1" type.

He was essentially a fallen apprentice trying to play Master. /shrug

YousufKhan1212

Out of universe source describe TCW Maul as a Sith Lord, whether he's still in the Rule of Two line isn't revelant.

Zentrex
Fair enough. The meaning of "Sith" can be stretched, I guess. Originally it meant the species, then it meant endearing to sith philosophy, though many have had different philosophies, and then despite Krayt's adherence to the search for power, he was rejected as a sith by ancient sith lords.

I guess what I was trying to say was that Maul wasn't part of the Sith Order that existed in his time.

And the Jedi would've recognized that, so his existence wouldn't confuse their entire understanding of "always two there are."

YousufKhan1212
By TCW he is a rogue Sith Lord.

Zentrex
right

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.