how is trump handling the pandemic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeadpoolXXX
i know a lot of you nerds just like to wank trump or hate on him for the lulz, but this thread isnt about your personal or policital feefees.

honest question- how do you think he's done with handling the coronavirus crisis so far?

jaden_2.0
What pandemic?

dadudemon
The thing the WHO is calling a Pandemic that is not even close to being a pandemic but caused pandemic levels of reactionism?

Trump is handling the Public Relations well the last 7-10 days.

As far as actually "handling" it, the government can't do shit besides order people to do things and enforce martial law. That's the governments job.

Unless the government wants to employ thousands of military doctors to deploy during pandemics, the best thing the government can do is get the f*ck out of the way and let the civilian doctors, nurses, and medical professionals do their jobs.

Adam_PoE
He moved on it like a *****.

eThneoLgrRnae
Awww, wittle Adam disapproves of the way Trump's handled it... shocker. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galan007
You could argue that he should have been more proactive and whatnot, but I think he's doing as well as anyone could at this point.

meep-meep
Personal feelings aside, I think it's being handled alright. I wish it was always this quiet by me.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Galan007
You could argue that he should have been more proactive and whatnot, but I think he's doing as well as anyone could at this point.

This.

Lord Lucien
He's currently sitting at a 0.3 on the Bolsonaro scale.

jaden_2.0
He's somewhere between Belarus and Taiwan.

abhilegend
Awfully from what I am seeing. How the **** does USA has more deaths and infections than India?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by abhilegend
Awfully from what I am seeing. How the **** does USA has more deaths and infections than India? The Chinese developed the virus to affect Westerners worst. They used Wuhan as the testing ground and once all the tweaks and calibrations were finishes they released their infected chattel into the world to kill America. It's not Trump's fault, the Chinese are just too powerful. Why do you think Trump was trying to weaken China in the trade war? He KNEW they were gonna do something like this.

Robtard
Have Trumpers fully revised history and Trump not only didn't do anythign wrong, but he actually was the first to see covid-19 as a pandemic before anyone else as per the marching orders?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The Chinese developed the virus to affect Westerners worst. They used Wuhan as the testing ground and once all the tweaks and calibrations were finishes they released their infected chattel into the world to kill America. It's not Trump's fault, the Chinese are just too powerful. Why do you think Trump was trying to weaken China in the trade war? He KNEW they were gonna do something like this.
Should I wear my tin foil hat now?

abhilegend
Trump should have done what Modi did in India

-He started screening people coming from China in January
-Banned flights to China in Februaury
-Quarantined everyone coming in from outside since mid february
-Locked down entire India after the infections started spreading in mid march

The only reason India has even seen 1000+ infections is because some muslims are ****ing retarded and started to meet with foreign nationals and hiding them in their houses since start of March.

Lord Lucien
The only reason India has even seen 1000+ infections is because some muslims are ****ing retarded and started to meet with foreign nationals and hiding them in their houses since start of March. Those foreign nationals were bringing much needed methanol-based hand sanitizer from Iran. Don't you appreciate that drinking hand sanitizer prevented 480 Iranians from contracting COVID?

abhilegend
laughing out loud

dadudemon
Awfully from what I am seeing. How the **** does USA has more deaths and infections than India?

When you test the greatest number of people and of those tested, 86% or more are those presenting with COVID-19 symptoms at a medical facility, you'll over represent the ill.

Additionally, it's likely that India has far more infected and dead than the US. Just not testing to prove it. Same with China. smile

Just like everywhere.

The US is literally just testing more people - the most of any other country in the world.

Still not enough, though.

abhilegend
Originally posted by dadudemon
When you test the greatest number of people and of those tested, 86% or more are those presenting with COVID-19 symptoms at a medical facility, you'll over represent the ill.

Additionally, it's likely that India has far more infected and dead than the US. Just not testing to prove it. Same with China. smile

Just like everywhere.

The US is literally just testing more people - the most of any other country in the world.

Still not enough, though.
Not really, I'm living in India right now and the number of infected people ain't that much. Even with testing ramped up, the number of infected people is less than 2%.

Lord Lucien
Doesn't that still amount to like, 30 million infected people hanging out in polluted, cramped cities with terrible sanitation?

Mindship
He's being appropriate because advisers finally got through to him (as Dr. Fauci put it, 'argued strongly') this essential message: Mr President, Americans are dying. If you phuck this up, kiss your second term goodbye."

And Trump desperately needs that second term to keep the investigative wolves at bay.

However, to give credit where credit is due, this is the longest he's ever been 'appropriate', ie, looking like a child being forced to eat his vegetables.

dadudemon
Not really, I'm living in India right now and the number of infected people ain't that much. Even with testing ramped up, the number of infected people is less than 2%.

That figure is close to the estimated number of UK people infected from "known figures" and true-estimates, which are not based on the tests but based on modeling of how the virus likely spread, puts it at 50%-60%.

Meaning, it is likely India has tens of millions if not hundreds of millions already exposed and many with active cases. It's most likely that hundreds or thousands are dying from this virus in India but due to the lack of testing, we don't really know.

If you have a few cases, it is likely that you have anywhere from a factor of 10 to 10,000 times more cases unaccounted for. Has India done mass testing like the US and Iceland? I cannot find any news on this. No reports. Unless they've done testing in the hundreds of thousands to millions, the current case and death numbers being reported are highly likely to be inaccurate. Kind of like the African countries: little to no testing means little to no cases.

Bashar Teg
pretty much like this until about 2 week ago

https://i.imgur.com/ImXBvcu.jpg

then: "this is china's fault for not taking it seriously" *SelfAwareness.exe has stopped working*

this week it's DER LEFT's fault because of the impeachment hearing. meanwhile new york still needs medical equipment and supplies

Stealth Moose
Trump's tried to downplay the severity of it until the US was leading in terms of new infections daily and it was evident to everyone that shit was bad. He's also tried to create unsubstantiated rumors that medical staff are hoarding/selling/hiding masks, calling into question the numbers needed in situations, and fighting governors on Twitter.

He's not doing well. He's being counterproductive because his true master isn't the American people at all; it's the moneygrubbing business leaders. That's why he's consistently pandered to Wall Street and all but sucked face with horrible business CEOs like Bob Murray. Yet his approval rating is climbing because Americans don't do any real research and thing this is being handled well.

It's not. The US system is not set up for a pandemic. This has been a problem for years with a society keen on rugged individualism, a lack of any cohesive national public health system, and the only first or in some cases third world country lacking universal health care.

But don't worry, because while he's doing the bare minimum at the behest of people who know much better (Faulci for example), he's getting props by people who can't be bothered to do anything other than watch Fox and Friends.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
pretty much like this until about 2 week ago

https://i.imgur.com/ImXBvcu.jpg

then: "this is china's fault for not taking it seriously" *SelfAwareness.exe has stopped working*

this week it's DER LEFT's fault because of the impeachment hearing. meanwhile new york still needs medical equipment and supplies

Bingo

Robtard
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Trump's tried to downplay the severity of it until the US was leading in terms of new infections daily and it was evident to everyone that shit was bad. He's also tried to create unsubstantiated rumors that medical staff are hoarding/selling/hiding masks, calling into question the numbers needed in situations, and fighting governors on Twitter.

He's not doing well. He's being counterproductive because his true master isn't the American people at all; it's the moneygrubbing business leaders. That's why he's consistently pandered to Wall Street and all but sucked face with horrible business CEOs like Bob Murray. Yet his approval rating is climbing because Americans don't do any real research and thing this is being handled well.

It's not. The US system is not set up for a pandemic. This has been a problem for years with a society keen on rugged individualism, a lack of any cohesive national public health system, and the only first or in some cases third world country lacking universal health care.

But don't worry, because while he's doing the bare minimum at the behest of people who know much better (Faulci for example), he's getting props by people who can't be bothered to do anything other than watch Fox and Friends.

https://media.giphy.com/media/g9582DNuQppxC/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Surtur
Originally posted by Galan007

^Best answer

Robtard
Trump's still not taking any personal responsibility in doing anything wrong and gave himself a "10 out of 10" score in handling this, yet we're supposed to ignore that and give him a pass that we wouldn't give a 9yo acting the same way after they've fouled up because?

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Robtard
Trump's still not taking any personal responsibility in doing anything wrong and gave himself a "10 of of 10" score in handling this, yet we're supposed to ignore that and give him a pass that we wouldn't give a 9yo acting the same way after they've fouled up because?

Because he's not a democrat. Didn't you know? You can only think along party lines.

BrolyBlack
Can someone tell me where the Virius came from again, also, did anyone actually realize it came from China, and the World Health Organization sat on it, as did China.

Its musing to watch people blame Trump for the World Healths Organizations corruption and did nothing about it.

Robtard
Because he's not a democrat. Didn't you know? You can only think along party lines.

Going to be weird when Senile Joe wins and they start demanding 100% accountability out of the POTUS.

BrolyBlack
Senile Joe could totally handle this epidemic, after all he doesnt even know what state he's in when he campaigns.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Robtard
Going to be weird when Senile Joe wins and they start demanding 100% accountability out of the POTUS.

Yeah, but they're immune to claims of hypocrisy at this point.

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Can someone tell me where the Virius came from again, also, did anyone actually realize it came from China, and the World Health Organization sat on it, as did China.

Its musing to watch people blame Trump for the World Healths Organizations corruption and did nothing about it.

You do realize that any malfeasance on behalf of the WHO, whether proven or no, is ridiculous given that the CDC had information up and was requesting assistance back in December 2019, right? The need for action was present for months. Trump wasn't listening and routinely tried to pretend it was okay. It's not okay.

Do you blame China for the deaths in Italy?

BrolyBlack
Yeah, but they're immune to claims of hypocrisy at this point.

You do realize that any malfeasance on behalf of the WHO, whether proven or no, is ridiculous given that the CDC had information up and was requesting assistance back in December 2019, right? The need for action was present for months. Trump wasn't listening and routinely tried to pretend it was okay. It's not okay.

Do you blame China for the deaths in Italy?

Yes I blame China for Italy's death. Its their fcking fault all this happened. To say anything else is pure 100% political bullshit. Our debt should be canceled with them as should everyone else. **** China

Stealth Moose
Yes I blame China for Italy's death. Its their fcking fault all this happened. To say anything else is pure 100% political bullshit. Our debt should be canceled with them as should everyone else. **** China

So show me on the doll where Uncle Xi touched you.

eThneoLgrRnae

I do agree that China should get most of the blame but italians were literally walking right up to chinese people-- who were travelling back and forth between China and Italy-- and taking their masks off and hugging them to "prove" they weren't racist lol. It was soooooo "progressive" of them to do that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Those who die as a result of it should have this written on their tombstones: "Well, at least we weren't racists!"

No, I have no sympathy for people who are that damn dumb.

You reap what you sow as the good book tells us.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
I do agree that China should get most of the blame but italians were literally walking right up to chinese people-- who were travelling back and forth between China and Italy-- and taking their masks off and hugging them to "prove" they weren't racist lol. It was soooooo "progressive" of them to do that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Those who die as a result of it should have this written on their tombstones: "Well, at least we weren't racists!"

That's a solid Christian behavior there.

Mark 12:31 in action.

Putinbot1

You reap what you sow as the good book tells us. Originally posted by Putinbot1
dur

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
So show me on the doll where Uncle Xi touched you.

I will if you show me how he became your master

Stealth Moose

eThneoLgrRnae

Stealth Moose
I seriously doubt he is.

I seriously doubt you are, given your statements.

dadudemon

I 70% agree with you. But the early Christians took Christ's teachings to heart and actually lived by them.

They cared for people dying of plague even if it meant that they would get it and die. It's part of what attracted people to Christianity in its beginning:

http://canyonwalkerconnections.com/early-christian-responses-epidemics-completely-unlike-1980s-response/

The doctors, nurses, and essential workers putting in long hours to serve the communities and possibly save lives at the detriment of their own? That's Christlike behavior and they are good folks.

So you support Christ's message of compassionate care and service to others even at the cost of your own health and life (if necessary)?

BrolyBlack
I seriously doubt he is.

I hope he is! God welcomes all into his family!!

BrolyBlack
Oh no, fake Christian. It's so easy to do.

https://media.giphy.com/media/oVfNppMFsuouI/giphy.gif

How can you say no to those eyes?

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

Putinbot1

You reap what you sow as the good book tells us. Originally posted by Putinbot1
dur

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon

So you support Christ's message of compassionate care and service to others even at the cost of your own health and life (if necessary)?

I think this already answered your question:

I'm more Christian & Christ-like than star/fly and I'm not Christian.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.