Marvel team vs Dc team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Charles ASX
Iron man
Spider man
Human torch
Wolverine
Elektra
Emma frost
Storm
Medusa
Falcon
Karnak
Vs
Nightwing
Orion
Maxima
Starfire
Cyborg
Big barda
Starman
Aqualad
Steel
Raven

Who win?
Explain.

Adam Grimes
Maxima and Barda are enough.

MrMind
Originally posted by Adam Grimes

yep, dc stomps

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Adam Grimes

Enough to occupy Wolverine for a whole panel?

Stoic
Orion? Marvel needs heavier hitters.

beatboks
This match us seriously skewed DC's side.
Completely unfair

spetznaz

MrMind

Supermutant
Originally posted by spetznaz

https://i.imgur.com/9Nr3Dhn.gif

carver9
Superman and Hulk are nothing alike, not even in strength, healing, invulnerability. Nothing!!! Superman is strong but Hulk is Hulk, he defines strength while getting more powerful (not just in strength) by the second. If he was just a brute with defined power, I would agree with everything you said but as of right now, he is the most powerful being on Earth amongst men just like Superman. smile

lawest9
@Spetznez

Very good post and assessment. 👍

spetznaz

lawest9
I understand your point clearly, but I'll use an Star Trek analogy since not too many may be familiar with the Virginia class submarines.........it's like comparing Kirk's USS Enterprise to Picard's USS Enterprise which is a hundred years more advanced, but you have to forgive Carver9 here, saying anything remotely negative about Hulk is like insulting a close member of his family. 😊

carver9
Superman is more versatile just like Surfer is far more versatile than Superman with speed showings proving he can visually see Superman (which would be the argument that most would use to make a fight between the 2 comparable) and even I admit that even Surfer is a thousand times more versatile (can even argue more powerful as well), Superman will not be stomped by him because things just doesnt work like that. That's my point.

carver9
And yes, Surfer have elite strength, high end durability, can shoot heat vision from his eyes, can make a sandwich at Super speed, can control temperature (ice breath), and have super senses along with 100s of more abilities.

smile

MrMind
regarding this fight

Raven at her height of power can solo. Orion can solo, Maxima can solo

Charles ASX
😓

Charles ASX

beatboks
Originally posted by Charles ASX
I chose the characters that I thought would make a good fight

You can't really expect anyone to buy this, do you?

Your Marvel team doesnt have anyone above high meta in the tiers list. Conversely, youve picked 4 low heralds (Raven, Aquaman, Starman, and Big Barda) and three high heralds ( Orion, Maxima, and Cyborg) for team DC.

lawest9
Originally posted by beatboks

Your Marvel team doesnt have anyone above high meta in the tiers list. Conversely, youve picked 4 low heralds (Raven, Aquaman, Starman, and Big Barda) and three high heralds ( Orion, Maxima, and Cyborg) for team DC. Yes it is stacked pretty highly in DC's favor.

Charles ASX

Your Marvel team doesnt have anyone above high meta in the tiers list. Conversely, youve picked 4 low heralds (Raven, Aquaman, Starman, and Big Barda) and three high heralds ( Orion, Maxima, and Cyborg) for team DC.
I don't care what you think or don't think.

lawest9

Your Marvel team doesnt have anyone above high meta in the tiers list. Conversely, youve picked 4 low heralds (Raven, Aquaman, Starman, and Big Barda) and three high heralds ( Orion, Maxima, and Cyborg) for team DC. Having read the OP more closely, it's AquaLAD not AquaMAN.

beatboks
Originally posted by lawest9
Having read the OP more closely, it's AquaLAD not AquaMAN.

Only Aqualaď I know is Garth. As Tempest he's low herald also

StyleTime
Well, I don't know if it's necessary to shit on new members. The Marvel movies are many peoples' entry point into comics. It's understandable they won't have a ton of knowledge off that bat, and that's fine. If we rewind time, most long-standing members made posts they'd cringe at now too. Even for life-long comic readers, the forum rules and standards are new things. Think about it: You've watched Flash trip over random shit and get tagged by street level martial artists all his life, then come to the forums and people tell you he's overpowered. It's jarring.

Tbh, we had about as many "fanboys" in the past I feel. Every character had a legion ready to defend them with the wildest interpretations of outlier feats possible for 50 pages. It happened even with lesser known characters...people thought Magik was immune to telepathy for the longest time...

I think we can correct lopsided matches while still being welcoming though.
Originally posted by Charles ASX
I chose the characters that I thought would make a good fight but considering your crying it seems that you were too sorry for the supposed "advantage" that I "purposely" gave to DC. it is somewhat "ironic" that you criticize an alleged fanboy when you are clearly one.
Don't worry about it. There's growing pains involved in forum life.

There's just massive physical differences between folks like Orion/Maxima and the Marvel squad. On the boards, characters operate at peak performance, provided they stay in character. In a comic, Iron Man could probably hold, but on the forums he'd get tossed about. Maxima nullifies their one ace in the hole, Emma, as Maxima is a telepath too.

DarkSaint85
Yay style is back!

beatboks
Originally posted by StyleTime

There's just massive physical differences between folks like Orion/Maxima and the Marvel squad. On the boards, characters operate at peak performance, provided they stay in character. In a comic, Iron Man could probably hold, but on the forums he'd get tossed about. Maxima nullifies their one ace in the hole, Emma, as Maxima is a telepath too.

Emma might have the skill edge in TP (though they're even in TP power), but with her multitude of other powers she can end a fight with many on Marvel's team super quick. With her ferokinisis she could blood bend the same way magneto does. With her TK (thst she has even used to matter manip a few times) she could use internal attacks. With her force field generation suffocate someone like invisible woman could.

Orion's physicals also arent the biggest problem from him, his astro force allows him to match DS's Omega effect. With that alone he could solo this team. Add in a mother box that has all the powers of Silver Surfer and he can solo. Granted he doesnt use those often but in a forum setting enough that they put him well out of this teams league.

Cyborg could just boom tube all the opposing team into deep space.

Depending on the version Starman he could wipe them out with an antimatter burst or many other ways. Ted Knight (the first Starman) with his weakest star rod took out Ultraman that way.

If Raven went dark she could also solo

Team Marvel needs at least a few low to mid herald level characters to compete.

StyleTime
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yay style is back!
The X-23 threads summoned me.
Emma might have the skill edge in TP (though they're even in TP power), but with her multitude of other powers she can end a fight with many on Marvel's team super quick. With her ferokinisis she could blood bend the same way magneto does. With her TK (thst she has even used to matter manip a few times) she could use internal attacks. With her force field generation suffocate someone like invisible woman could.

Orion's physicals also arent the biggest problem from him, his astro force allows him to match DS's Omega effect. With that alone he could solo this team. Add in a mother box that has all the powers of Silver Surfer and he can solo. Granted he doesnt use those often but in a forum setting enough that they put him well out of this teams league.

Depending on the version Starman he could wipe them out with an antimatter burst or many other ways. Ted Knight (the first Starman) with his weakest star rod took out Ultraman that way.

I think physical stats plus telepathy are the most pressing issues tbh. Take those away and Emma could steal teammates and such. It doesn't mean DC squad auto-loses. They'd still have plenty of avenues of attack, but it'd open the door for Marvel squad to at least try for something. They have basically no options currently.

I would agree adding more heralds is a more consistent answer though.

MrMind

I agree Orion, Maxima, Cyborg and Raven all have the capability of soloing replace those 4 and we'd have a fight

or add Thor, Silver Surfer, Hulk etc to marvel team to make it more even

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.