Is Gillard's tier system still canon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
confused

Zenwolf
Probably not everything post 2014 was axed.

Galan007
Yeah, you kind of have to disregard everything released pre-2014(aside from the films themselves and TCW.) Not even GL's statements are necessarily valid these days.

The Merchant
Nope

Zentrex
Was it ever "canon" per say? I thought it was always just a good insight into the author's mind, so we know what knowledge base the films were built upon, but could freely be contradicted if need be. Same with Lucas' statements.

Disney has just been changing a select few things. Doesn't mean every intention behind the films has been retconned. I imagine Dooku is still an 8, Windu is still bordering on 9, Yoda and Palpatine are both still 9's. I don't know if Obi-Wan is still a 7, considering his story's been elaborated on a bunch more than of the above.

Galan007
Personally, I think it's one of those concepts that would need to be directly referenced for it to be considered canon. Gillard's system has the gap between the various numerical designations as massive, iirc. Like, an 8 would be worlds beyond a 7 and so on.

Granted, there's still a discrepancy in skill between Anakin, Yoda, Mace, Palpatine, Dooku, Kenobi, etc., but in canon at least, we don't know how significant that gap really was. We just know that there was definitely a noticeable difference between them.

YousufKhan1212
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, you kind of have to disregard everything released pre-2014(aside from the films themselves and TCW.) Not even GL's statements are necessarily valid these days.

McP
I'm not sure if it ever was. I mean, we cannot use some of NG's quotes when we likes it, and ignore others. NG created a tier system, but that's a system for movies, ROTS especially. And for Nick many things are different. Lets start with that Kenobi isn't defensive fighter at all.

NewGuy01
It's not canon, but the movies are, and the movie fights were designed around it, so Gillard's levels are still reflected by what's onscreen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.