Ranking these powerful beings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMind
How would you rank these beings

Lucifer Morningstar
Protege
Michael Demiurgos
The Great Evil Beast
Thanos W/Regulator
Doctor Manhattan
Mxy
Beyonder
Molecule Man
Scathan
Multi-Eternity
Cosmic Armor Superman

I'll go with my ranking first

1. The Great Evil Beast (always consider him equal to Presence)
2. Lucifer Morningstar, Michael Demiurgos, Mxy
3. Cosmic Armor Superman, Doctor Manhattan, Thanos W/Regulator
4. Multi-Eternity
5. Beyonder
6. Scathan, Protege
7. Molecule Man

Adam Grimes
1- GEB
2- CA Superman
3- Mxy, Doctor Manhattan
4- Michael and Lucy
5- Beyonder
6- Scathan, Protege
7- MM
8- Multi-Eternity

At least that's how I would rank them in a free for all match.

MrMind
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
1- GEB
2- CA Superman
3- Mxy, Doctor Manhattan
4- Michael and Lucy
5- Beyonder
6- Scathan, Protege
7- MM
8- Multi-Eternity

thumb up seems very reasonable

Sin I AM
I still have a hard time seeing Manhattan as equal or greater than Mxy. Even though he did say as much.

deft
1. Lucifer
2. Michael
3. Doctor Manhattan
4. Mxy
5. CAS
6. Great Evil Beast
7. Beyonder
8. Molecule Man
9. Thanos w/Cosmic Regulator
10. Scathan
11. Protege
12. Multi Eternity

SquallX
I would honestly put CAS above all those guys since he transcends the books there are written on.

MrMind
Originally posted by SquallX
I would honestly put CAS above all those guys since he transcends the books there are written on.

how would you rank them all

Originally posted by deft
1. Lucifer
2. Michael
3. Doctor Manhattan
4. Mxy
5. CAS
6. Great Evil Beast
7. Beyonder
8. Molecule Man
9. Thanos w/Cosmic Regulator
10. Scathan
11. Protege
12. Multi Eternity

thumb up

Senor Cage
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
1- GEB
2- CA Superman
3- Mxy, Doctor Manhattan
4- Michael and Lucy
5- Beyonder
6- Scathan, Protege
7- MM
8- Multi-Eternity

Good list, but I might put CA SUperman ahead of GEB.

CA Superman
GEB
Mxy
Manhattan

Everyone else

Galan007
Lucifer/Michael- literally personify the power and will of The Presence itself.
Thought-Robot- THE embodiment of Superman's story on a metafictional level... And as has been solidified, Superman's story/essence > ALL.
Manhattan- scales above Mxy, per Mxy himself. Was awestruck by the fundamental concept of Superman.
Mxy- his feats speak for themselves.
GEB- originally implied to be The Presence's 'evil half', but was later retconned to being below the level of Corrigan Spectre, if he were to act in his fully divine role.
SWII Beyonder- could act on a multiversal+ level.
SWII Molecule Man- scales below Beyonder.
Thanos /w/ Regulator- absorbed all the power of his reality, and was able to unbalance the whole of Marvel(to the point where even TOAA was gimped, lol.)
Scathan- scales above Protege.
Protege- scales above Eternity/LT.
Multi-Eternity- the embodiment of the Marvel multiverse.

...Something like that.

MrMind
Originally posted by Galan007
Thought-Robot- THE embodiment of Superman's story on a metafictional level... And as has been solidified, Superman's story/essence > ALL.
Manhattan- scales above Mxy, per Mxy himself. Was awestruck by the fundamental concept of Superman.
GEB- originally implied to be The Presence's 'evil half', but was later retconned to being below the level of Corrigan Spectre, if he were to act in his fully divine role.
Thanos /w/ Regulator- absorbed all the power of his reality, and was able to unbalance the whole of Marvel(to the point where even TOAA was gimped, lol.)

...Something like that.

thumb up thumb up thumb up Nice

very logical analysis, I agree for the most part

Originally posted by Sin I AM
I still have a hard time seeing Manhattan as equal or greater than Mxy. Even though he did say as much.

The thing is there's no low feats from Manhattan to disprove it otherwise, Manhattan has no low feats at all actually. his implied power is ridiculous.

SquallX

Galan007
Originally posted by MrMind
The thing is there's no low feats from Manhattan to disprove it otherwise, Manhattan has no low feats at all actually. his implied power is ridiculous. Yeah, I know most people here like to ride the feat train, but in Manhattan's case, the statements regarding his power are explicitly telling of his intended level.

Mxy himself states that Manhattan is more powerful than him(that alone should be enough.)
Superman corroborates Mxy's statement.
Mr. Oz certainly acted like Manhattan transcended all others he had encountered(including Mxy.)
Lex(who obviously knows what Mxy is capable of) stated that Manhattan was the most powerful being he had ever encountered.
And I expect even more to roll in now that Wally is imbued with Manhattan's power.

I mean, NO character on this list has better feats than Mxy(no character in comics does, actually), but that doesn't change the fact that some characters in DC are still logically above him. /shrug

SquallX
I give Manhattan 1 year, 2 tops before he is retcon by Mxy himself. Mxy will be like, yeah, I grew bored so I acted like I was scared of him just to give him a big head.

Manhattan will be like-foolish imp
Mxy-snap his finger and Manhattan disappears

Sin I AM
Originally posted by MrMind

The thing is there's no low feats from Manhattan to disprove it otherwise, Manhattan has no low feats at all actually. his implied power is ridiculous.

That's part of it I suppose. Not a big fan of implied power over actual feats although at that level it's not really necessary. Maybe it's my battle board mindset

Diesldude

Diesldude
Damn same picks as Galan's. Swear I didn't read his post before posting my thoughts.

zopzop
WTF, how is Mxy anything but first? We already saw him do what no being in comics has done, destroy and recreate his entire company.

Senor Cage
Hopefully Dr. Manhattan doesn't go down a peg.

https://i.imgur.com/tTggjiH.png

Death Metal Art Unites Dr. Manhattan, Apex Lex and Kirby's Source Wall

DC DEATH METAL tease from #2
"Everything matters. Everything." - Wonder Woman

MrMind
^post this in the comic discussion thread please

edit: with the current pandemic I dont think death metal will be out in the next 8 months

BrolyBlack

...Something like that.

This but with CA at the top and Michael/Lucy second

abhilegend
Yeah, I know most people here like to ride the feat train, but in Manhattan's case, the statements regarding his power are explicitly telling of his intended level.

Mxy himself states that Manhattan is more powerful than him(that alone should be enough.)
Superman corroborates Mxy's statement.
Mr. Oz certainly acted like Manhattan transcended all others he had encountered(including Mxy.)
Lex(who obviously knows what Mxy is capable of) stated that Manhattan was the most powerful being he had ever encountered.
And I expect even more to roll in now that Wally is imbued with Manhattan's power.

I mean, NO character on this list has better feats than Mxy(no character in comics does, actually), but that doesn't change the fact that some characters in DC are still logically above him. /shrug
Probably this.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Cosmic Armor Superman
Mxy
Michael Demiurgos
Lucifer Morningstar
The Great Evil Beast
Doctor Manhattan
Beyonder
Molecule Man
Thanos W/Regulator
Protege
Scathan
Multi-Eternity

MrMind
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Cosmic Armor Superman
Mxy
Michael Demiurgos
Lucifer Morningstar
The Great Evil Beast
Doctor Manhattan
Beyonder
Molecule Man
Thanos W/Regulator
Protege
Scathan
Multi-Eternity

damn Prof, haven't seen you forever
stay for awhile this time sad

MrMind
bumperoo

ShadowFyre
I'm sorry, but what exactly has CAS Superman done? Does he have any actual feats besides being CAS Superman?

CatL18
Originally posted by SquallX
I agree because it is what Morrison has written through Final Crisis, All Star Superman, Animalman, Seven soldiers,etc.
Strong idea can affect us, outlive us, even beyond us.

I am sad about that people have ignored what Morrison have implied.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I'm sorry, but what exactly has CAS Superman done? Does he have any actual feats besides being CAS Superman?

He fought and defeated a being that was, to put it simply, consuming existence.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by -Pr-
He fought and defeated a being that was, to put it simply, consuming existence.

So about Nate Grey level?

https://ibb.co/x6NkQ1m

-Pr-
laughing out loud

CatL18
The power of CAS is confirmed by interviews by Morrison himself, isn't it?

TheHulkster
Originally posted by CatL18
The power of CAS is confirmed by interviews by Morrison himself, isn't it?

Isn't that inadmissible here?

meep-meep
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Isn't that inadmissible here?

Yup.

-Pr-
Is it? Is it really?

meep-meep
I thought it was.

MrMind
explain

JBL
I'm sorry, but what exactly has CAS Superman done? Does he have any actual feats besides being CAS Superman? Nothing. It's the name.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

TheHulkster
Originally posted by meep-meep
I thought it was.

So did I.

-Pr-
If a writer gives an interview that supports something that happened on panel, then it's usually all right as supplementary evidence.

As far as the subject goes, Morrison's interviews aren't really needed to explain what Superman was doing in that arc, or how powerful he was.

MrMind
bump

MrMind
update

1. The Great Evil Beast/Lucifer Morningstar
2. Michael Demiurgos
3. Cosmic Armor Superman, Doctor Manhattan, Thanos W/Regulator, Mxy
4. Multi-Eternity
5. Beyonder
6. Scathan, Protege
7. Molecule Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.