Rey's vision in TFA??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
So now that all is said and done, what exactly did Rey's vision in TFA (after she touched Anakin's saber) actually mean?

Like what was with the scene where she saw Kylo and the KOR standing in the rain?

And who in the heck was the guy that Kylo killed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ42RydMt_c
(@1:00)

confused

Darthadi
JJ thought that it looks cool and mysterious.

Zentrex
I interpret that to mean she was shown a glimpse of her destiny.

She started out suppressing all desire to go out and do something, because she was kind of the opposite of Luke in that she wanted to stay where she was, despite knowing that it's important to actually make something of herself. Touching the lightsaber showed her that that's not what she was made for. She had to go and find Kylo, turn him to the light, etc.

She got a vision of what she was supposed to involve herself in, that being the Jedi, the past, and the legacy of the Skywalkers. She had to solve that mystery and set things right.

This was meant to be the moment that let her understand that she had to leave, because she would ponder that glimpse she got for a while until eventually getting pulled into it. It also shows the stubborn and naive side of her.

Also, it gave the audience a hint as to what happened with Kylo and Luke. The idea being that he killed the Jedi Order along with the Knights of Ren. Yes, that's not exactly how it happened in the comics, but that's just some subtle retroactive continuity for you. We can just assume the vision was metaphorical, since he did kill Jedi to please Ren.

Or it could just be Kylo leading the Knights of Ren to kill some random acolytes as they were prone to do. I don't know if that was always the intention, but that's what the Rise of Kylo Ren seems to support.

EDIT: TL;DR - It's the Force showing her that she needs to go and sort this whole Kylo conflict out and in the process tells the audience that Kylo killed the Jedi Order and has been going around killing more people. We learn why in the comics.

ares834

Zentrex
Really, though? You don't see how it serves the story at all?

ares834
Nope. It did nothing other than to show Rey had the Force. All the teases to Kylo's past which people spent years speculating about meant nothing. It was yet anohter hollow mystery box.

Sasuga JJ!

StiltmanFTW
Gotta agree with Ares here.

It felt unnecessary.

Zentrex
Wow. Maybe I'm crazy, but I felt as if it was that moment that got her to give up her quest to go back and decide to join the resistance. Otherwise, I don't think she would have even tried to escape, deny Kylo, or find Luke.

Eli Vanto
Originally posted by Zentrex
Or it could just be Kylo leading the Knights of Ren to kill some random acolytes as they were prone to do. I was just curious about the guy Kylo killed at 1:00 of the video, because he appeared to be attacking someone until Kylo stabbed him from behind.

Lord Stark
In the original script, it was supposed to be Kylo killing Rey's parents but now its just filler lol

Eli Vanto
Originally posted by Lord Stark
In the original script, it was supposed to be Kylo killing Rey's parents but now its just filler lol Really?

Well that sucks. sad

Zentrex
Originally posted by Lord Stark
In the original script, it was supposed to be Kylo killing Rey's parents but now its just filler lol
Do you have a source?
If I'm being honest, that seems incredibly unlikely to me.

Zentrex
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
I was just curious about the guy Kylo killed at 1:00 of the video, because he appeared to be attacking someone until Kylo stabbed him from behind.
It is kind of curious. It seems like either Kylo betrays him, or that that guy was attacking a Knight of Ren, but then we see that they're all standing behind Kylo, so I don't know. I would assume, with the way things have played out, that he was just some fighter that worked for a group of people the Kngihts decided to kill. Plus, he's got a red lightsaber. Acolytes of the Beyond, maybe?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.