Angels from Iego

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior
In TPM Anakin mentions the angels from Iego, who are renowned for their beauty. Well they further in Canon? Also, I recently read that Snoke could be one of those angels, Sidious retrieved his body and used it to create the clones. Is it true?

The Merchant
Yeah they show up in the Clone wars CGI show in season 1. Never heard of the latter.

Zentrex
No mention of Snoke being an angel in Rise of Kylo Ren. May be something in Age of Republic, but I doubt it.

I mean, that'd be one hell of a twist. I love how deep star wars fans look for stupid continuity in the movies. It is what makes the fandom great, though.

Galan007
Snoke is implied to be a one of the many "unnatural abominations" created by the heretics of the Sith Eternal while they were attempting to make a suitable vessel to contain Palpatine's essence.

That's about the closest thing to an origin we have for him as of now.

The Merchant
Yeah, I interpret that passage as Snoke just being a hella deformed Palpatine clone. What surprises me is how against people are to that idea and cling to theories like Snoke being a clone of Plaguies.

Galan007
thumb up

Especially when it was stated that Plagueis was not prepared to transfer his essence elsewhere when Palpatine killed him.

Eli Vanto
I'd rather Snoke have been Plagueis then just failed Palpatine clones TBH.

Zentrex
^
https://youtu.be/CKnXmNHubfs?t=163

Also, this:
https://youtu.be/L_PvagQb_lA?t=137

The Merchant
Yeah I agree. Plaguies would have been a better way to tie everything up, although if I wrote it I would have made it more unique by bringing in a Whill and Force parasite backstory along with Mortis and the world between worlds to be his goal but that's another thread for another day...

Zentrex
I like the way you think. But it is hard to make something like that without confusing the everloving **** out of new readers.

You think there's any way to keep connectivity like that alive while still making sense? Without those annoying "see issue #35 of %$#@! comic" notes, I mean. Hidalgo, Chee, and Wallace have tried to tie a lot together through Guidebooks, but they're not really stories in and of themselves.

The Merchant
Yeah, that's why I think episode 8 should have been a slow burner than over what we got. A long movie that takes it's time explaining the situation which I think is the Sequels biggest problem. Very rarely did we ever get a slow down of anything.

Zentrex
That's a good thought. I think in Canon there's just too much pressure from the companies to pump out new material, so that's keeping the authors' love of other stories and desire to expand them/include them in their own at a low.

I don't know if a movie could really be slow or long enough to do the EU justice while still being an entertaining Star Wars movie, but I would love to see something of the sort you describe. In fact, I think it's exactly what the NuCanon EU needs right now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.