Disney delays Black Widow, rest of its Marvel movies, Mulan and others

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Disney delays Black Widow, rest of its Marvel movies, Mulan and others

This is understandable, but it really does suck. I was really looking forward to the Doctor Strange sequel especially. Eternals seemed to have potential too it was just leaked Arishem the leader of the celestials will appear as well as a Deviant named Kro who supposedly will be the villain

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, it's unfortunate but it makes sense, given what's going on globally. Beyond the actual production element (the large crews, different shooting locations etc.), you also can't do much in the way of promotion or press tours and the like.

riv6672

quanchi112
Whole world changed. This had to occur.

TheVaultDweller

TheVaultDweller
And, obviously, you'd still be massively limited in terms of screenings. So, it wouldn't really be financially viable for really big film releases. Could maybe re-run older films though.

Surtur
Well some films are being sent straight to Disney+. Like Atremis Fowl.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Surtur
Well some films are being sent straight to Disney+. Like Atremis Fowl.

true, but disney expects to make profit from black widow, mulan etc so those films won't be on disney plus until after there initial theatrical run

playa1258
The whole film slate for 2020-2022 is going to change.

quanchi112
Want to see Eternals so much more than BW but at least it is just a matter of patience.

Surtur
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
true, but disney expects to make profit from black widow, mulan etc so those films won't be on disney plus until after there initial theatrical run

It makes you wonder will they lose profits if this lasts longer than they think(some movies are slated for november of this year).

I wonder if this goes on for more than they are projecting if they will lose money by delaying so long. People kinda have short attention spans. We might eventually see them put some movies online.

quanchi112
It makes you wonder will they lose profits if this lasts longer than they think(some movies are slated for november of this year).

I wonder if this goes on for more than they are projecting if they will lose money by delaying so long. People kinda have short attention spans. We might eventually see them put some movies online. No, because they will lose their asses with MCU films just putting them online. MCU is the strongest brand of all time. Nothing lasts forever but people will flock back to the theatres when feeling safe.

riv6672

BruceSkywalker

I wonder if this goes on for more than they are projecting if they will lose money by delaying so long. People kinda have short attention spans. We might eventually see them put some movies online.

im sure they will lose some money but in the end i do not think it will be a lot

Ridley_Prime
The Mulan remake should still fail regardless with everything it has had going against it. The leading actress supporting police brutality against Hong Kong protesters, the movie itself lacking pretty much everything that was loved about the original animated film (no Mushu, no Shang for asinine reasoning, etc), all so that Disney could try to appease their Chinese overlords... But how has that been working out for them lately? wink

I had made a thread here for the Mulan remake initially too, but it turned out worse than I couldve imagined, even by current remake standards.

riv6672
Wait...no Mushu? Oh HELL no. mad

Flyattractor
I think Disney should just go ahead and release all its movies now.

Kill it off in the bud I say.

quanchi112
Disney still hurts fly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.