MCU Destroyer vs. MCU Valkyrie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Standard gear for Valkyrie

Who wins

Fight takes place on neutral ground

TheVaultDweller
I'd back the Destroyer. Sif stabbed it right through the neck and it barely took like 5 seconds to begin recovering. Valkyrie's offense is purely physical, so I don't see her doing any better.

F6tQL-5H7oQ

quanchi112
Valkyrie.

riv6672
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I'd back the Destroyer. Sif stabbed it right through the neck and it barely took like 5 seconds to begin recovering. Valkyrie's offense is purely physical, so I don't see her doing any better.

F6tQL-5H7oQ
Also, Bane dies.

KingD19
Unless Dragonfang has some special properties that make cuts and damage permanent, she has no way of keeping it down. Also face laser.

h1a8
Instead of stabbing just slice shit off.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8

Per your own stated rules.

Show examples of Valkyrie "slicing shit off"

BruceSkywalker
Destroyer destroys Bane first and foremost then kills Valkyrie

Silent Master
The funny thing is, if h1 had actually seen the movie. he would have been able to post clips of the rainbow bridge fight where she "slices shit off" the undead Asgardians.

I was giving him a freebie and he didn't take it. Instead, he ran away.

TheVaultDweller
Eh, even then, slicing apart human/Asgardian-sized opponents is a lot different from trying to slice the limbs off something much bigger, stronger and more durable than them and who has an enormous reach advantage, thanks both to said size and its ability to fire large, explosive energy beams. And then there is also the fact that a straight thrust pierces more deeply and effectively than a slice, even if a slice leaves a large wound when successful. Valkyrie's a badass but, IMO, you'd need to be at least someone like Hela (who can rapidly make multiple much larger blades) if you're going to try and slice or cut that thing apart before getting battered or facebeamed yourself. Even Thor initially clocking it in the face with Mjolnir (when he gets repowered) didn't actually leave a scratch, so it was pretty sturdy.

h1a8
Tbh I think Destroyer wins. Asgardian blades should do nothing to it (it would defeat the purpose of its creation). I'm assuming Sif stabbed through a slit.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by h1a8

This isn't that bad of an idea. The problem is, how do the slats connect? I'm under the assumption it would just pull back together?

And I'm also backing his statement that Asgardians blades probably shouldn't cut it. Just like you said. What's the point of even making the damn thing?

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, it would be stupid to make your ultimate weapon be beatable by a single elite Asgardian wielding what at least appeared to be a fairly standard Asgardian spear (in the sense that it didn't appear to have any extra overt mystical properties). Stormbreaker is probably another story though, as not only had it not been crafted yet at that point, but it was also intended to be the greatest weapon in Asgard. Plus we've seen it slice clean through beings as tough as Thanos (both arm and neck) without any real resistance (at least when wielded by someone of sufficient strength, like Thor).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.