Anakin vs Darth Maul feat. (See details)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81

Scizard
Depends we don't really know how long it took for Maul to get treated so it's hard to make a judgement. He also fell from what seems to be a really really long distance.

Anakin definitely would've recieved more pain in the moment though considering he burnt to death, but he got help from Sidious after that.

YousufKhan1212
Sam Witwer implies Vader's injuries were worse.

Rebel95

Galan007
Originally posted by Scizard
Depends we don't really know how long it took for Maul to get treated so it's hard to make a judgement. He also fell from what seems to be a really really long distance.

Anakin definitely would've recieved more pain in the moment though considering he burnt to death, but he got help from Sidious after that.

S_W_LeGenD
TBH; both scenarios are expected to be FATAL to a human or human-like form if left untreated. I wouldn't draw a comparison here.

Forschbewithu
So, after Ahsoka's comment to Mail during their duel, does this change anyone's mind? 🤔

Ahsoka has fought Maul and has likely sparred Anakin thousands of times - does she really see a gap between the two or did this just serve as a taunt?

Scizard
Sees a gap for sure. She says it after engaging with Maul and it's obvious Maul was never Anakin's level anyway.

This thread was about Maul's injuries though.

McP
Aside of that fall of Maul, which is obviously dependable of what kind of landing he had, Anakin's damage seems to be worse. I mean, I don't think that anybody in real life would survie that.

ares834
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
Ahsoka has fought Maul and has likely sparred Anakin thousands of times - does she really see a gap between the two or did this just serve as a taunt?

It's always been obvious that there is a large gap between the two. Anakin is on a different level. That's more clear then ever considering Maul flat out lost to Ahsoka.

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by ares834
It's always been obvious that there is a large gap between the two. Anakin is on a different level. That's more clear then ever considering Maul flat out lost to Ahsoka.

He Lost to her due to his overconfidence, as usual. Not trying to take anything away from Ahsoka, she won fair and square... But it wasn't due to superior swordsmanship (Maul disarmed her twice). It reminded me a lot of Kanan when he fought Maul in rebels. Alth

ares834
The two were effectively equal throughout much of the duel with both of them trading blows and knocking the other flying.

Scizard
I don't see how Maul was particularly anymore overconfident than usual, he's always arrogant. But he still tries to kill Ahsoka and there's no evidence to suggest he was pulling his punches at the end there or being particularly cocky.

Although yeah I think the fight still shows Maul > Ahsoka. Ahsoka just scores a good hit here, just like Maul has also scored some good ones. Except Ahsoka kind of completely outskilled Maul here. Although it has been established that Ahsoka is a very good martial artist.

carthage
Anakin stomps

Unbowed
Maul is just weak mentally/emotionally. Physically his only equal is Anakin, his potential in the Force was enough that he could surpass Sidious. Even after being cut in half he is very powerful, enough to rival a prodigy like Dooku even though Dooku had far more training and experience.

But post-Naboo he is just... not all there. Being rendered obsolete and then betrayed by Sidious broke him to the core. That's why everything he touches turns to shit.

Notice that when he is focused he is still very competent, and you can see flashes of his former brilliance. His casual smackdown of Savage, him defeating Kenobi, his fights and schemes in Son of Dathomir. Even in this episode, in their first fight in the tunnels he casually beat Ashoka and could have easily killed her while she was stunned.

But he always loses focus. If he starts getting his way then he quickly grows overconfident and gets humiliated. If things start going against him, it's even worse...he dissolves completely.

That's the real reason Vader is stronger than Maul. Vader can deal with his despair and self-loathing better. Maul's death wish is plain to see at the end of the episode. Of course you can't get anything done if subconsciously you just want someone to put you out of your misery.

Scizard
No, Maul wants to die once he realises that there's no hope of defeating Sidious and denying him of his prized apprentice because he's captured. Similar to how the Grand Inquisitor kills himself of the thought of facing Vader after failing.

And Vader is stronger than Maul because he is just more powerful, Maul had no chance of becoming more powerful than Vader, his mindset has nothing to do with it.

Also, Ahsoka is not stunned in the tunnels, she gets slightly knocked back by his force push, then Rex is thrown into her so she falls over. Looks to see what Maul is doing then gets straight back up. No way Maul could've killed her.

ozz81
Originally posted by Scizard
No, Maul wants to die once he realises that there's no hope of defeating Sidious and denying him of his prized apprentice because he's captured. Similar to how the Grand Inquisitor kills himself of the thought of facing Vader after failing.

And Vader is stronger than Maul because he is just more powerful, Maul had no chance of becoming more powerful than Vader, his mindset has nothing to do with it.

Also, Ahsoka is not stunned in the tunnels, she gets slightly knocked back by his force push, then Rex is thrown into her so she falls over. Looks to see what Maul is doing then gets straight back up. No way Maul could've killed her.

Sorry did this happen recently in the cartoon series ?

ares834
Yep. Clone Wars. Maul had yet another pathetic lose. I think it's time for Maul fanboys to just admit that Maul ain't that great.

playa1258
Poor Quan.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
He Lost to her due to his overconfidence,
Ah yes, overconfidence, that's why he literally ran away when ahsoka kicked him through a mosaic

Darthadi
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Ah yes, overconfidence, that's why he literally ran away when ahsoka kicked him through a mosaic
He didn't ran away from her. He ran away because his forces lost the battle.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Darthadi
He didn't ran away from her. He ran away because his forces lost the battle.
Really? Becuase he waited until after getting kicked out of a building to start running.

Darthadi
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Really? Becuase he waited until after getting kicked out of a building to start running.
There was no point in returning to the fight because he wanted to escape Mandalore fast, before his army got wiped. If you really think that Maul was afraid of Ahsoka, i don't know what to say to you...
Maul didn't try to run from Sidious but try to run from Ahsoka?

ozz81

Darthadi
Yeah, Maul was the better fighter. In normal conditions he would beat S7 Ahsoka for a majority. Rebels Ahsoka is another story tho.

ares834
He didn't dominate her at all. The two were more or less even throughout the duel with both of them trading blows and gaining the advantage from time to time. And, yes, he flat out lost at the end.

ozz81
Originally posted by ares834
He didn't dominate her at all. The two were more or less even throughout the duel with both of them trading blows and gaining the advantage from time to time. And, yes, he flat out lost at the end.

Yeah fair enough but him taking/disarming her sabers of 3 times was decent enough I reckon, also the elbow jab and kick etc . I reckon if it was on a more flat surface maul would have perhaps won .. Ashoka used the environment to her advantage I reckon in the end : maul was on a much higher level on the tilted or slope end of the pole she pretty much used his weight and judoed and flipped him grabbing the saber : out smarted him I guess, yeah smart combat moves by her I reckon she seemed quite intelligent ..

NTJack0
Anakin slaughters Maul.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.