Severus Snape (Harry Potter films) vs. Count Dooku (Star Wars prequel films)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robotflug
Two talented and powerful antagonistic combatants of two different franchises, who're at one pointed affiliated, and later betrayed by a powerful dark lord, are about to clash in a fight to the death.

Battle Location: Abandoned Castle.

steverules_2
Snape uses Killing curse

/thread

Jmanghan
Can lightsabers block spells? Can a Jedi capture a spell in his hand like he does with force lightning?

riv6672
Snape. Snape. Severus Snape. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
Snape stomps

Surtur
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Can lightsabers block spells? Can a Jedi capture a spell in his hand like he does with force lightning?

I doubt they could block spells.

Eon Blue
Easy victory for Snape.

SquallX
People do know The Count posses precog right?

By the time Snape says the words, he would be choking on lighting.

xPRIMEx
Dooku. He can use force choke with a gesture, whereas Snape has to say avada kedavra to use the killing curse

riv6672
Ah, if only fights were that simple.

Surtur
Snape doesn't need words to cast spells and snape can read minds and he can fly and teleport and transmute and control minds and..do I need to go on?

xPRIMEx

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by SquallX
People do know The Count posses precog right?

By the time Snape says the words, he would be choking on lighting.

Yeah, I'm backing Dooku on this one. The force seems more readily accessible than magic imo.

SquallX
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Yeah, I'm backing Dooku on this one. The force seems more readily accessible than magic imo.

In this place, the Harry Potter verse is wanked beyond eternity.

There are posters here that believes Melkor, Sauron and the likes would lose to the Harry Potter verse.

Impediment
Dooku Force grabs Snape's wand.

Force choke.

/thread.

I'm beyond sick and tired of people ignoring on screen feats of the Force.

xPRIMEx

riv6672
Originally posted by Impediment
Dooku Force grabs Snape's wand.

Force choke.

/thread.

I'm beyond sick and tired of people ignoring on screen feats of the Force.
makes us even.
I'm no fan of ppl wanking the force and ignoring everything another character can do, just repeating force choke, force choke. end thread force choke.

But, since i'm not wishing to get force choked into a temp ban for disagreeing w. a mod i'll get the hell out of here now.

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
makes us even.
I'm no fan of ppl wanking the force and ignoring everything another character can do, just repeating force choke, force choke. end thread force choke.

But, since i'm not wishing to get force choked into a temp ban for disagreeing w. a mod i'll get the hell out of here now.

Assuming Snape has some basic knowledge of what the force can do I'm not sure why he couldn't immediately just start flying/teleporting around. This does not require any words to be said or any gestures to be made. And the death eaters physical forms clearly were taking on different properties while they were doing...whatever it is...becoming black smoke? Kinda like the true forms of demons from Supernatural. So I'm not sure it'd be so easy to kill any death eater with the force while they are doing that.

We also know they are capable of firing off spells while in their smoke form thingies.

KingD19
They are also still capable of being hit and interacting with the physical world while flying. So Dooku would still be able to use the Force on him.

This was shown by the Death Eaters not only being hit by spells while in flight, but being knocked off course and flying into buildings and the water and stuff.

And Dokku would be able to sense and react to the spells as multiple Force Users light and dark side have reacted to things they can't see or moving so fast they shouldn't be able to respond in time.

Surtur
Originally posted by SquallX
In this place, the Harry Potter verse is wanked beyond eternity.

To be fair the force is wanked pretty heavily here too lol.

I wasn't aware Melkor appeared in any of the movies. Melkor/Morgoth as he appeared in some books would be beyond anything in HP.

As for Sauron, in the LOTR his physical form that we see in the beginning of the first movie would be pretty easily defeated by a wizard. In spirit form they would need to destroy the ring to stop him. The version of Sauron we see from The Hobbit movies would defeat any wizard.

Surtur
Originally posted by KingD19
They are also still capable of being hit and interacting with the physical world while flying. So Dooku would still be able to use the Force on him.

This was shown by the Death Eaters not only being hit by spells while in flight, but being knocked off course and flying into buildings and the water and stuff.

And Dokku would be able to sense and react to the spells as multiple Force Users light and dark side have reacted to things they can't see or moving so fast they shouldn't be able to respond in time.

It's still not gonna be easy for Dooku to specifically target Snapes neck. Especially if he's also trying to avoid spells.

And some spells just can't be blocked. He would have no way to stop himself from being turned into a rat. Or even just imperio

KingD19
Why would he specifically target his neck? He was casually fighting Anakin behind his back while force throwing Kenobi across the entire hangar hard enough to crush a guard rail. He can also toss out force lightning by flicking his fingers. He could just yank him put of the sky with the force. He's strong enough to hold up massive machinery against Yoda. And that's not even including his clone wars feats, which are canon to the movie meow.

Impediment

SquallX

ShadowFyre
I dunno, his physical form in the movies was kinda beastly as well

Surtur
Why would he specifically target his neck? He was casually fighting Anakin behind his back while force throwing Kenobi across the entire hangar hard enough to crush a guard rail. He can also toss out force lightning by flicking his fingers. He could just yank him put of the sky with the force. He's strong enough to hold up massive machinery against Yoda. And that's not even including his clone wars feats, which are canon to the movie meow.

People are talking about him snapping necks.

And yes I haven't forgotten his lovingly putting some debris on Obi Wan.

Surtur

KingD19
Harry's use of wandless magic was a pure rage reaction. Like a 13yr old popping a random boner in class. It's not just something people can do. True wandless magic takes years and years of study and only people like Dumbledore and that mystery physics wizard who was making his tea stir itself while reading a book on science have done so.

It's not one of those things where 1 wizard can do it so all of them can.

And I was talking about when Dooku thrashed Anakin and Obi-Wan at the same time. He had enough power to blast him across the room and enough control to make him hit the rail, then drop it on him without moving from his spot. He can clearly use powerful force TK at a distance and with accuracy.

Surtur
None of the shit you just said about wandless magic is in the movies. They do not go in the specifics of it like that. And are we to really believe a random wizard in a shitty bar was some master sorcerer?

KingD19
It's a funny throwaway scene that people have gone in depth about, but he's also one of the only wizards aside from Dumbledore to use wandless magic whether you like it or not.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wizardsandwhatnot.com/2016/03/12/j-k-rowling-clarifies-wandless-magic-details/amp/

This is JK Rowling herself explaining wandless magic that basically the Europeans invented wands to make magic easier, so growing up in a society where you use a wand from day one you have to be super talented to do magic without one to a noticeable degree.

And while Snape has used wandless magic, that doesnt mean he can do every single spell without a wand.

Oh and JK even talks about the underage accidental wandless magic that Harry and other kids do all the time on accident when they are emotionally charged. That's different from true wandless magic like Dumbledore.

riv6672

Surtur
It's a funny throwaway scene that people have gone in depth about, but he's also one of the only wizards aside from Dumbledore to use wandless magic whether you like it or not.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wizardsandwhatnot.com/2016/03/12/j-k-rowling-clarifies-wandless-magic-details/amp/

This is JK Rowling herself explaining wandless magic that basically the Europeans invented wands to make magic easier, so growing up in a society where you use a wand from day one you have to be super talented to do magic without one to a noticeable degree.

And while Snape has used wandless magic, that doesnt mean he can do every single spell without a wand.

Oh and JK even talks about the underage accidental wandless magic that Harry and other kids do all the time on accident when they are emotionally charged. That's different from true wandless magic like Dumbledore.

I'm not saying Snape can do every spell without a wand. I'm saying he could probably achieve an effect similar to what Harry did with his aunt.

Surtur

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur
It's hard to say, the lore is all over the place especially in the books. They talk about how goblins are envious of wizards because wizards won't share wand lore with the goblins. You would think if there were other methods of doing it the specifics of wand lore wouldn't be so important.
Ty for that, though it raises more questions for me! .up:

KingD19
JK explains that wands make things easier and more focused, so it makes sense other magic using races would be mad the wizards are hogging a tool to streamline things while the rest of them have no choice but to use wandless magic.

What Harry did is literally his teenage wizard hormones acting up and causing a random magical reaction. Snape would need to do a specific spell, but wandless as wandless magic is simply the natural precursor to magic with wands. So he'd have to do a spell he knows without his wand. Unless the underage magic Harry used has a specific name, motion, etc... like all the other spells.

StiltmanFTW
Nah, high level mages in Potterverse don't need to recite spells verbally.

He still needs the wand, though. Potter magic is too uncontrollable without one.

Surtur
JK explains that wands make things easier and more focused, so it makes sense other magic using races would be mad the wizards are hogging a tool to streamline things while the rest of them have no choice but to use wandless magic.

What Harry did is literally his teenage wizard hormones acting up and causing a random magical reaction. Snape would need to do a specific spell, but wandless as wandless magic is simply the natural precursor to magic with wands. So he'd have to do a spell he knows without his wand. Unless the underage magic Harry used has a specific name, motion, etc... like all the other spells.

On the other hand it also talks about how goblins have killed wizards before. So...why didn't they just take a wand from a dead wizard and try to figure it out?

And how come they can figure out how to make such awesome weapons and armor, but not wands?

BruceSkywalker
where is rj when you need him big grin big grin

KingD19
On the other hand it also talks about how goblins have killed wizards before. So...why didn't they just take a wand from a dead wizard and try to figure it out?

And how come they can figure out how to make such awesome weapons and armor, but not wands?

Just because wands make magic easier doesnt mean skilled goblins or whatever race or even wizards from other countries who dont subscribe to wands cant beat a wizard using a wand. They train and study just as hard as European wizards.

riv6672
Just because wands make magic easier doesnt mean skilled goblins or whatever race or even wizards from other countries who dont subscribe to wands cant beat a wizard using a wand. They train and study just as hard as European wizards.
This is pretty q&a w. JK Rowling re: wandless magic and stuff...

Dr Will Hatch
Dooku snaps the incel wizard's neck using The Force.

riv6672
Nah.

riv6672
This thread reminded me of another Harry.
https://i.ibb.co/g65QQbN/bd8bee4d133f8b22a8d613de6cf00b6f.jpg
In the TV show, he had a rather innocuous hockey stick laying around, that also happened to be his wizard staff, complete w. glowing runes when he used it.

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
This thread reminded me of another Harry.
https://i.ibb.co/g65QQbN/bd8bee4d133f8b22a8d613de6cf00b6f.jpg
In the TV show, he had a rather innocuous hockey stick laying around, that also happened to be his wizard staff, complete w. glowing runes when he used it.

Book Harry would obliterate Dooku, but the one from the show would lose.

In the books he doesn't even have a hockey stick he just has a staff. I don't know why the show gave him a hockey stick. To be fair I did enjoy the show though, for what it was.

riv6672
In the books he doesn't even have a hockey stick he just has a staff. I don't know why the show gave him a hockey stick.
Yeah, the conversation about wands is what made me think of the hockey stick. It was actually a pretty cool idea that something like that (which is prob. a little easier to walk around with than a Wizard staff) could be imbued as a magical device.

Trocity
Regular tables can block spells lmao. A lightsaber would have no problem doing so.

Dooku closes his windpipe.

quanchi112
Severus wins. Wizards have so many more options and Severus is one of the best. Long ranged combat would defeat Dooku who is slow in long ranged combat.

riv6672
Originally posted by Trocity
Regular tables can block spells lmao. A lightsaber would have no problem doing so.

Dooku closes his windpipe.
I dont think so, no.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity

Dooku closes his windpipe. Absurd.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.