New mutants v Justice League

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
JL (pictured)

against

new mutants

https://i.postimg.cc/svj3Bn3M/jla-jsa-virtue-vice-e1578863063340.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/JHDT2CLT/nym.jpg

no bfr, no amps

beatboks
Unless I'm missing something this is pretty one sided.
That image is like a JLA/JSA team up. There are 8 herald level characters pictured, actually make that 7(just realized ots coutney as Star Spangled kid not Stargirl, b4 she got the cosmic rod as well as the CCB)

Magik is the only new mutant I can think of who operates on/above that tier. She could definitely take out a couple with the right plot, but as I see it not enough to let the rest of the team make enough of an impact on those left. Even Atom Smasher as a mid Meta can take out a few New Mutants because back in that era writers still remembered he had the power to alter his molecular density and weight, not just grow big and was a class 50-60 odd.

Back in that era because he could alter his molecular weight his meager class 60 odd strength could still hit Black Adam hard enough to send him flying thru a skylight and across a few blocks because he could make the fist weigh a lot more as it hit.

Wildcat, and Dr Midnight should however be the first to fall of the 2 teams, Mr T saved only by those spheres, and Bats by his gadjets.

DarkSaint85
Without amps, that cuts Dani Moonstar with Hela powers out.

However, they have Legion. So depends on which powers he's manifesting.

Magnon
Legion was able to restore himself after being frozen solid by Iceman. I wonder if he could somehow reconstitute himself after being burned to dust by heat vision or disintegrated by some other means. What if he's knocked out (or rather, his body is)? Would he still be conscious in astral form, able to use his powers?

Justice League can take out the dangerous ones (David, Illyana, Warlock) before they can react or use their powers. Only if they can somehow come back from that could they pose a threat to JL.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by Magnon
Legion was able to restore himself after being frozen solid by Iceman. I wonder if he could somehow reconstitute himself after being burned to dust by heat vision or disintegrated by some other means. What if he's knocked out (or rather, his body is)? Would he still be conscious in astral form, able to use his powers?

Justice League can take out the dangerous ones (David, Illyana, Warlock) before they can react or use their powers. Only if they can somehow come back from that could they pose a threat to JL.

I don't see anybody on the JL stopping Legion

DarkSaint85
Then why make a spite thread?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by beatboks
That image is like a JLA/JSA team up.

Yeah, Alberto is a moron.

What else is new.

AlbertoJohnAvil

also btw, Magik, like her brother Colossus, seems to have inherited the Berserker power to a certain extent. If Magik goes Darkchylde, then the Berserker power can kick in. Magneto learned this the hard way.

https://i.postimg.cc/FfJwgDGS/ce2c74913a34c4e748de374d6db7aa3d.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/4Y0r9rvZ/tumblr-mwj3uqrv5o1rcsnl1o2-1280.jpg

Magik has used the Power Block spell. Her version can affect magic users as well as non-magic users. Enchantress learned this the hard way in a New Mutants Vol.1 Annual.
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/New_Mutants_Special_Edition_Vol_1_1? fbclid=IwAR1MDAxA9UlfweBYgMYUFxqYZDQGFuwS78eqITFY9
Pf_sJpmnxCobtD7i7A

THEY'RE gonna have major trouble laughing out loud cool

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yeah, Alberto is a moron.

What else is new.

laughing out loud laughing out loud YOU'RE worse than saint, atleast saint uses common sense (rarely) but you get the point. You troll to get laughs from people on messageboards.

Don't mention me if you not trying to get debunked on fantasy characters

Adam Grimes
Why do you keep making spite threads?

beatboks
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Without amps, that cuts Dani Moonstar with Hela powers out.

However, they have Legion. So depends on which powers he's manifesting.

Didnt know Legion was in New Mutants. He wasnt when I read it for a few years, but that was some time ago.

I thought it was the ones pictured. I only saw Magik, Moomstar, Karma, Cannonball, Boom Boom, sun spot, Warlock and magma. Theres a blonde guy in front of Warlock that I don't know, is that Legion? Becasuse I thought he had dark hair.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Legion is pictured in the new mutants.

https://i.postimg.cc/xkbTYg1T/pic.jpg

DarkSaint85
Here's a better picture, from the New Mutants Wikipedia page:

https://img1.looper.com/img/uploads/2016/05/NewMutants.jpg

But yes, it all depends on who comes out. Legion in that storyline at one point manifested a scared little girl, for example - who wouldn't be of any use to a fight.

So it depends on OP. It is interesting to note however that Legion isn't named as one of the New Mutants in the members list.

AlbertoJohnAvil
I'm using Legion at his peak lmao

DarkSaint85
Legion is a member of that team (the 2009 pictured one)?

DarkSaint85
Anyway, another fail thread. These are the New Mutants as of the OP's pic:

https://i.postimg.cc/brt9rhwK/nm.jpg

I don't think a depowered Dani will be much issue lmao.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Legion is in the new mutants

AlbertoJohnAvil
I never SPECIFIED what roster i was using. I said "new mutants"

Everybody understood this.

DarkSaint85
I don't see him on that page. Post a team page from that book (New Mutants v3) which shows Legion on the team.

If you are going to use a team, at least name them lol. And then name which time period you're using. Because in New Mutants v3 they FIGHT Legion. He's their first baddie, lmao.

Edit: no, you're just covering up the fact I've schooled you AGAIN. You using that team in the pic means Legion isn't on the roster, sorry.

AlbertoJohnAvil
https://i.postimg.cc/y3WF9HDB/Screenshot-128.png

He's right here...........

DarkSaint85
READ the comic, lmao.

He's not part of the team.

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud YOU think I was talking about the ACTUAL team?

YOU realize that the JSA is in the battle too right?

EVERYBODY understood the op but you. saint you're funny

Galan007
I think DS's point is that Legion wasn't actually part of the New Mutants roster. He was an antagonist they fought in that series.

If you want him to be on their team in this thread, that's fine. But if you want it to be 'peak/true' Legion, then explain how it isn't spite against the DC team in the OP pic, given that they have no high-end cosmic beings to counter him.

AlbertoJohnAvil
If you dont want Legion added, that's fine with me LMAO. Theyre still a huge threat regardless

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud YOU think I was talking about the ACTUAL team?

YOU realize that the JSA is in the battle too right?

EVERYBODY understood the op but you. saint you're funny

This is like your idiotic X-men thread all over again, lmao.

I chalked that up to your ignorance and that you thought all those characters were part of the JL, lol.

So once again - who the phuck is in this thread??

Is this why you keep getting banned from Spacebattles?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Galan007
I think DS's point is that Legion wasn't actually part of the New Mutants roster. He was an antagonist they fought in that series.

If you want him to be on their team in this thread, that's fine. But if you want it to be 'peak/true' Legion, then explain how it isn't spite against the DC team in the OP pic, given that they have no high-end cosmic beings to counter him.

Plus my point is...I have no idea who is in the fight lol. Half of the DC image isn't JL, and if Legion is part of the New Mutants, that's like....I'm not sure when that happened, but then do we take the feats of the other team mates from that time period?

I mean it's a fairly simple thing to do, create a thread. But Albert just messes it up.

Magnon
The Justice League members shown in the first picture would utterly ROFLSTOMP the New Mutants members shown in the second picture.

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud Dudes always complaining about threads. I'll remove Legion and let it be the original roster so it can actually be "debatable"

DarkSaint85
The Justice League members shown in the first picture would utterly ROFLSTOMP the New Mutants members shown in the second picture.

thumb up Exactly.

Adam Grimes
This thread is so stupid. It's spite any way you look at it. erm

StyleTime
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud Dudes always complaining about threads. I'll remove Legion and let it be the original roster so it can actually be "debatable"
Then it's a stomp for the DC team.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.