Anakin Skywalker vs. Luke Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xPRIMEx

Scizard
Luke

relentless1
Anakin, dude took out a temple of Jedi as well as a Sith Lord; easily I might add during the course of that film meanwhile Luke was on par with Vader who wasn't even giving it his all

Galan007
If we're talking canon, then I'd probably be inclined to go with Luke, tbh.

YousufKhan1212
Legends Anakin wins.

Scizard
In legends Anakin of course wins. But in canon, I would argue Luke in a close fight.

CriticalShaft
Anakin in both

McP
In every universe that is not absurdly stupid Anakin stomps Luke. And there is disney-shitsney

Galan007
Originally posted by Scizard
But in canon, I would argue Luke in a close fight. In canon, it really shouldn't be close at all, tbh.

RotJ Luke = RotJ Vader > RotS Vader/Anakin.

Scizard
Originally posted by Galan007
In canon, it really shouldn't be close at all, tbh.

RotJ Luke = RotJ Vader > RotS Vader/Anakin.

True it is implied that Vader is quite a bit above Anakin, but it's hard to defend right now I think.

Galan007
I think that's mainly because people still think of RotS Anakin as he was depicted in Legends... But in canon, he doesn't have nearly the same amount of accolades.

Scizard
That reminds me actually, I've heard that Ben Kenobi describes Vader as more powerful than Anakin during their fight in the same source that describes Ben as struggling to fight Vader. Do you know if there's any validity to this?

Galan007
Originally posted by Scizard
That reminds me actually, I've heard that Ben Kenobi describes Vader as more powerful than Anakin during their fight in the same source that describes Ben as struggling to fight Vader. Do you know if there's any validity to this? It's true.

From a Certain Point of View, Jedi vs. Sith, and Lords of the Sith all confirm that ANH Vader was stronger than he was during RotS.

Scizard
Ah, nice.

Jaggarath
@Galan007: I haven't been following Canon that closely. What does CPoV say about Anakin versus Vader? From what I've seen, a handful of OOU Canon sources still support Anakin.

---

Anakin stomps Luke without arms or legs in Legends, though. thumb up

Galan007
It really just reiterates that Kenobi had absolutely no chance of defeating Vader(he even admits as much.) It took all he had to just to defend himself.

And I agree that Legends Anakin would obliterate Luke(along with nearly anyone else.) His accolades can't really be touched.

Forschbewithu
Legends: Anakin
Canon: Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.