Why couldn't Maul use force lightning?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
Guy had decades of Sith training, and was exceptionally powerful. Was it ever explained why he couldn't use force lightning?

ozz81
yeah thats a great question: most reckon he was more an assassin and liked to saber duel close up more then use his powers and abilities etc but not sure how true that is... Saw a youtube vid that stated that.

The phantom menace game showed him use some lightening : but not sure if that was canon...

juggernaut74
I remember reading Sith Lightning was an advanced ability.

Jaggarath
Maul is confirmed to know Force lightning in several sources. According to Star Wars Insider, he just doesn't use it because his fighting style is more fast-paced and up-close.

Eli Vanto
Is that legends or canon? Or both?

Galan007
^ Legends for sure. Here's one of the more popular sources referencing it:
https://i.imgur.com/TuCLxkA.jpg
-Clone Wars Magazine #13 (2012)

I can't think of any canon sources off-hand that reference Maul being able to use FL... Maybe Ant knows of one, though.

juggernaut74
I'd like to think that he knows how but being he hasn't used it I'm going to say he cannot use it for now.

ozz81

Zenwolf
@Ozz.

I wouldn't say immune, but he can power through it. Of course the only instance I recall is his fight with Mighella, who was to be fair a powerful Nightsister, so that's something.

carthage
He was just a well-trained thug with a lightsaber
He didn't have any real depth in terms of force knowledge and would be stomped by Vader or Dooku with their force abilities

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Legends for sure. Here's one of the more popular sources referencing it:
https://i.imgur.com/TuCLxkA.jpg
-Clone Wars Magazine #13 (2012)

Has he ever used it?

Choke/grip, sure, I remember.

But FL? The closest I can think of would be the red lightning coming from his saber in the Phantom Menace game, but that was retarded, non-canon and not the legit FL.

Galan007
He's never actually used FL outside of the games to my knowledge.

juggernaut74

ozz81

The Merchant
In Legends he could use it as said in that Insider and in TPM game he used Red Force Lightning. A toy of him using standard Blue Lightning was made of him as well which is confirmed a Legends canon event. Don't think canon has him have that ability.

CriticalShaft
Sidious didn't want him to learn any advanced force abilities

ozz81

juggernaut74
Originally posted by CriticalShaft
Sidious didn't want him to learn any advanced force abilities Dooku apparently learned how to do it himself so not sure why Maul couldn't figure it out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.