President to Suspend all Immigration

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Media Meltdown

Eon Blue

BackFire

Old Man Whirly!

Artol
I'm not sure what is going to change compared to the previous policy to restrict immigration. It makes sense for countries to heavily limit or suspend it though in times like this. I think personally that rules for asylum should be kept however, for example with a required time in quarantine.

Since the US has developed into the current hotspot of the outbreak however it is really ls more important that Americans don't leave the country and carry it to other places, I think.

Old Man Whirly!
The UK and US are hotspots due to lack of testing and listening to Doctors. Too much youtoob knows best.

Surtur

eThneoLgrRnae
The funny thing about those in media and elsewhere saying it's "too late" would've been screaming that he is a "racist!" if he had done it much earlier. For Trump, it's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't with those people.

Now of course if Obama happened to still be president (thank the Lord he ain't) they'd of course be going easy on him regardless. It'd be something like "Well, he is doing his best" or something similar.

jaden_2.0
Once transmission occurs within a population, immigration restrictions become worthless.

Thus this is more about winning votes than saving lives.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
The funny thing about those in media and elsewhere saying it's "too late" would've been screaming that he is a "racist!" if he had done it much earlier. For Trump, it's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't with those people.

Now of course if Obama happened to still be president (thank the Lord he ain't) they'd of course be going easy on him regardless. It'd be something like "Well, he is doing his best" or something similar. durOriginally posted by jaden_2.0
Once transmission occurs within a population, immigration restrictions become worthless.

Thus this is more about winning votes than saving lives. thumb up

Quincy
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
dur thumb up

co-signed.

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden_2.0

Okay, as long as we are setting aside the "if it even saves one life" logic now.

I will point out millions lost jobs and so stopping the flow of immigrants could mean more job openings once this is over.

Surtur
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae

Now of course if Obama happened to still be president (thank the Lord he ain't) they'd of course be going easy on him regardless. It'd be something like "Well, he is doing his best" or something similar.

The thing is that it's not "too late". Nobody is suggesting the virus will stop spreading or anything.

And how can people crying over protests also be saying "let immigrants into the country" ?

And if there is someone out there who intends to come here and who has the virus but doesn't know it because they have no symptoms...wouldn't we benefit from them not coming here and infecting others?

Bashar Teg

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
they need a new scapegoat, since the other 12 didn't pan out

I swear you were probably one of those people who initially said the travel restrictions were racist. You're *that* guy. "He's scapegoating the Chinese!".

Bashar Teg
when all else fails: "f*ckin Mexicans"

Surtur
Can you explain why the lockdowns should not stop, but immigrants should be able to continue flowing into this country?

Just show me you have a valid reason for being against this. It can't just be feelings, can it?

Bashar Teg
because we are already on the middle of an outbreak, and immigration neither caused nor aggravated the problem.

Surtur
So you don't have a valid reason this is all just feelings. Disappointing, but not unexpected.

Bashar Teg
why ask if you're just going to ignore valid points deflect via talking about your feelings?

seems a complete waste of time, but you have fun on your hill

Surtur
But you didn't make a valid point. In fact you even acknowledge we're in the middle of an outbreak, but we should just keep letting immigrants in cuz...reasons.

Jesus dude, this shit where you're against something just cuz Trump does it..is getting out of hand. Do better thumb up

Bashar Teg
why is it that speaking against scapegoating of immigrants = "anti-trump", and how did that become "der left's" fault?

just a rhetorical question, you don't have to fight it on your hill

Surtur
Lol son: walk away

Bashar Teg
and there's the pretend win. your fee-fees have made you powerful.

Surtur
*yawn* Same old shit. Orange man bad, etc.

Moving on.

Bashar Teg
you should post some memes now to solidify your pretend-victory.

Surtur
Anyways! I look forward to seeing who comes out against this. Best not be anyone crying about lockdown protests, anyone blaming Trump for deaths, etc thumb up

NewGuy01

Surtur
But no, those aren't valid arguments. Not when it's possible for someone infected, but without symptoms to come here and infect others.

Why is that okay? Nobody has yet explained why this is acceptable and "others here have the virus" is not the correct answer.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Surtur
But no, those aren't valid arguments. Not when it's possible for someone infected

is that how you feel?

dadudemon

Bashar Teg
maybe the rest of us should just pm our discussion points to you, and you can then post them here, so as to not force surt to fight on his hill. if we had done that, the thread wouldn't have gone past page one. you know it's true, don't deflect, just say it. "You're right, bash"

Ah, but no. You're quite wrong. Remember the mantra about gun control from progressives: if it saves even one life.

If these measures prevent even one person who could have the virus(but has no symptoms) from coming here and spreading it to others? Well, by their own logic: that shit is worth it.

dadudemon
Nice try but Surtur is his own mastermind and doesn't need outside help.

You can see this when I'm absent for days or weeks and he still posts those same kind of zingers that clearly points out the hypocrisy and idiocy from leftist retards. I assure you, there's enough of that from the lefties that he doesn't need help. He could randomly think something they do or say is retarded or hypocritical and he'd be right with about 2 minutes of google searching.

Surtur
He's fragile did you ever think what shattering his narrative would do?!

Bashar Teg
so sorry, but isn't that assertion "your point is invalid because it came from you" the most simple and perfect example of ad hominem?

oh wait hold on, I'll try to get ddm to post that point, so you won't knee-jerk attack from your battered hill

ddm?

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by dadudemon
Nice try but Surtur is his own mastermind and doesn't need outside help.

You can see this when I'm absent for days or weeks and he still posts those same kind of zingers that clearly points out the hypocrisy and idiocy from leftist retards. I assure you, there's enough of that from the lefties that he doesn't need help. He could randomly think something they do or say is retarded or hypocritical and he'd be right with about 2 minutes of google searching.

Now, that is comedy. laughing

jaden_2.0
Okay, as long as we are setting aside the "if it even saves one life" logic now.

I will point out millions lost jobs and so stopping the flow of immigrants could mean more job openings once this is over.

That's fine to make that argument. Let's not pretend it's about saving lives though.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

we went from surt's clumsy and baldfaced ad hominem falacy, to ddm's clumsy and baldfaced 'guilt by association' fallacy. this has been another worthwhile discussion, hasn't it? great read

dadudemon
so sorry, but isn't that assertion "your point is invalid because it came from you" the most simple and perfect example of ad hominem?

Yeah, perhaps. So you should probably stop doing that, home-skillet.

haermm

Bashar Teg
another epic deflection thumb up

you look enough a hypocrite. my work is done here

dadudemon
PVS, who hurt you to make you like this?

Oh, wait, it was me! hahahahahahaaa!!!!

...ddm...

...ddm...

...ddm...

...ddm...

...ddm...

...ddm's...

https://i.imgur.com/uIMpg9g.gif

Stringer

Bashar Teg
re:gaslighters

5-Their actions do not match their words.

dadudemon

dadudemon
re:gaslighters

5-Their actions do not match their words.

You had to wait for someone else to respond because you realized how pathetic you looked, calling for daddy's attention like that. haermm

Bashar Teg
your assertion that "it's only okay when me and my e-pals do it" has been noted. you can stop proving your hypocrisy now. That case was settled on page 2

Stringer
Not just Surt, but PVS and Robtard, as well. But wasn't about going off topic. Not at all. It was about constantly going back and forth, for days and day, with one-up games, Off topic, shitting up threads.

Irony because you can see where this threads going

Robtard

Adam_PoE
I will have an e-gasm if the shelter in place protestors start coming down with COVID-19. The pastors and congregants of churches that ignored the order already are, and some have already died. Too delicious.

Bashar Teg
I will have an e-gasm if the shelter in place protestors start coming down with COVID-19. The pastors and congregants of churches that ignored the order already are, and some have already died. Too delicious.

"if"?

your orgasm is guaranteed

Robtard

Church goers who ignored the social distancing and gatherings bans have actually died? Wow.

Maybe god does work in mysterious ways.

BrolyBlack

No different than picking a black woman to be your VP. Both are actually the exact same, a political decision.

Robtard
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
No different than picking a black woman to be your VP. Both are actually the exact same, a political decision.

False.

-Trump's desperate grasp for votes affects the whole country and the economy

-Biden's affects nothing except his campaign

Blakemore
why is everyone retarded?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard
Church goers who ignored the social distancing and gatherings bans have actually died? Wow.

Yeah the Church Goers Went to Heaven.

Those Unlucky Bastards.

Robbie is such a Closed Minded AF Retard.

Originally posted by Blakemore
why is everyone retarded?

Voting Democrat will do that to you.

Blakemore
I live in England...

Flyattractor
You have my Pity and Sympathy.

Blakemore
It's pretty cool..... North America is expensive af.

Blakemore
It's not so bad...

Flyattractor
Well Duh! Norf A is Dem Country. Well Come to TaxYa2Death Cuntry!

Blakemore
all modern first world countries have universal healthcare except for usa.... so, there is that....

Flyattractor
Well ...

http://bestdemotivationalposters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/everyone-jump-cliff-bodies-best-demotivational-posters.jpg

Blakemore
err, ye seriously, universal healthcare with the freedom to have private healthcare is a good thing!

BrolyBlack
False.

-Trump's desperate grasp for votes affects the whole country and the economy

-Biden's affects nothing except his campaign

You want to stop a Corona right?

Robtard
You want to stop a Corona right?

I do.

And to cover your next volley:

Closing the borders now is pointless, we've had COVID here for a long time now, we're approaching May. Might as well close the cage door after all the mice have escaped and claim victory.

This is just a stunt to make Trump look competent and strong to his voters and potential voters.

Flyattractor
Ohhh The IRONY!

carthage

Flyattractor
Yeah Cause Trump and or The Republicans NEVER wanted Secure Borders before THIS HAPPENED!

Nope.

Never Wanted That.

Big Ol Diddly Oppe Nopely...

PHUCK YOU ROBTARD!!!!!!!!!

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah Cause Trump and or The Republicans NEVER wanted Secure Borders before THIS HAPPENED!

Nope.

Never Wanted That.

Big Ol Diddly Oppe Nopely...

PHUCK YOU ROBTARD!!!!!!!!! dur and ethneo is not around...

Flyattractor
dur and ethneo is not around...

But WhirlyPoo is.....whistling

dadudemon
err, ye seriously, universal healthcare with the freedom to have private healthcare is a good thing!

It is. The ability to make career decisions based solely on desire and qualifications is rather amazing. It's capitalistic as f*ck. But in the US, career decisions include "but what are the benefits like at the potential job?" or "I can't leave my current job because the benefits are perfect for my specific medical needs."

Blakemore
It is. The ability to make career decisions based solely on desire and qualifications is rather amazing. It's capitalistic as f*ck. But in the US, career decisions include "but what are the benefits like at the potential job?" or "I can't leave my current job because the benefits are perfect for my specific medical needs." I still believe universal healthcare is good. Maybe introduce it on a state level?

Adam_PoE

Yep, we have some real COVIDiots on our hands.

dadudemon
I still believe universal healthcare is good. Maybe introduce it on a state level?

Some have. Massachusetts has one.

Flyattractor
Yep, we have some real COVIDiots on our hands.

Would it be WRONG to call the Homosexuals that ignored the AIDS Epedemic of the Late 80's and Early 90's Names? Not to even mention making a THREAD about it?

Which I would not do...

eek!

BrolyBlack
I do.

And to cover your next volley:

Closing the borders now is pointless, we've had COVID here for a long time now, we're approaching May. Might as well close the cage door after all the mice have escaped and claim victory.

This is just a stunt to make Trump look competent and strong to his voters and potential voters.

You mean like the stunt to pick Michelle Obama?

Robtard
You mean like the stunt to pick Michelle Obama?

Your red herring aside. Is this going to be your new thing now? "But Michelle Obama!"

At least wait until she's officially offered the job and accepts before flipping out. Pace yourself, going to be a very long 16 years for you potentially.

dadudemon
At least wait until she's officially offered the job and accepts before flipping out. Pace yourself, going to be a very long 16 years for you potentially.

I just read that she wants mail-in voting. sad

More of the same old ways is not the solution. Give me voting from my mobile phone. sad

https://mobilevoting.org/where-is-it-happening/

How can you expect people to go to voting booths and stations when they have to work and it is not a law that all working people be paid on the voting holiday(s)?

Give us mobile voting. Allow 10 minutes for voting.

jaden_2.0

More of the same old ways is not the solution. Give me voting from my mobile phone. sad

How can you expect people to go to voting booths and stations when they have to work and it is not a law that all working people be paid on the voting holiday(s)?

No

LkH2r-sNjQs

BrolyBlack
Your red herring aside. Is this going to be your new thing now? "But Michelle Obama!"

Yea I mean why not, its been "but Trump" for 4 years now.

BrolyBlack

Nah people will figure out shes a man sooner or later laughing

Robtard

Disagree with you overall, and it's one of the few things I agree with Trump on. Paper-voting, so it can be tracked and recounted if need be.

While I would love the convenience of voting from my phone, the security risks are too high.

Maybe it's different in Oklahomo? But here in Califorina mail-in voting is very easy.

BrolyBlack

But Trump loves Mexican food

Robtard

He's already tried to spin his silly wall using covid-19 and Mexicans as reasons, even though by all accounts it seems the US is giving covid-19 to Mexico and not the other way around.

BrolyBlack

cdtm
We're not protecting us from Mexico. We're protecting Mexico from us.

Pretty sure Mexico doesn't want Americans coming over to their side right now.

BrolyBlack
Agreed, we need to keep all these dumb racist Americans here

Robtard

Taco Bell isn't really Mexican food...

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Would it be WRONG to call the Homosexuals that ignored the AIDS Epedemic of the Late 80's and Early 90's Names? Not to even mention making a THREAD about it?

Which I would not do...

eek!

AIDS became an epidemic, because people initially did not know what caused it or how it was transmitted. It was originally believed to be a form of cancer, not a viral infection. People did not know how to protect themselves.

That is much different than COVID-19. We know it is a novel coronavirus, we know it is spread through introducing respiratory droplets into mucus membranes, and we know that sheltering in place, social distancing, wearing masks, and washing hands are effective ways to minimize the risk of infection. These idiots have all the knowledge in the world, and are choosing to ignore it, because "muh freedumbz."

BrolyBlack
Taco Bell isn't really Mexican food...

Says this racist^

Blakemore
The deaths are mostly old people who were going to die anyway, also doctors and nurses... which is a shame. erm

BrolyBlack
Robtard doesnt think Taco bell is Mexican food, what a loser.

Blakemore
Robtard doesnt think Taco bell is Mexican food, what a loser. its commercial fast food. I've never had taco bell but it sounds terrible.

Old Man Whirly!
I've had Taco Bell, it's cheap and tasty tex mex fast food. It's good!

Surtur
PVS, who hurt you to make you like this?

Oh, wait, it was me! hahahahahahaaa!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/uIMpg9g.gif

LOL!

Surtur
Taco Bell is good if you're really drunk and it's late at night.

But anyone who is craving good mexican food isn't going "well I need some taco bell".

Blakemore

But anyone who is craving good mexican food isn't going "well I need some taco bell". purely this.

Old Man Whirly!

But anyone who is craving good mexican food isn't going "well I need some taco bell". thumb up

Bashar Teg
LOL!

"notice me, senpai!', etc

Surtur
"notice me, senpai!', etc

^ The lack of self-awareness here is universal level.

Bashar Teg
where were you when he needed you, shitty sidekick

Robtard
"Little Wooden Boy, you take that one!"

Old Man Whirly!
AIDS became an epidemic, because people initially did not know what caused it or how it was transmitted. It was originally believed to be a form of cancer, not a viral infection. People did not know how to protect themselves.

That is much different than COVID-19. We know it is a novel coronavirus, we know it is spread through introducing respiratory droplets into mucus membranes, and we know that sheltering in place, social distancing, wearing masks, and washing hands are effective ways to minimize the risk of infection. These idiots have all the knowledge in the world, and are choosing to ignore it, because "muh freedumbz." thumb up

BrolyBlack
I've had Taco Bell, it's cheap and tasty tex mex fast food. It's good!

thumb upthumb up

Tell Robtard, its probbably better than his wifes cooking as well

Surtur
Oh and just to reiterate:

One cannot whine over lockdown protests and also whine over this.

It can't be both smile

BrolyBlack
Who's been whining about lockdown protests?

Surtur
Who's been whining about lockdown protests?

What I'm saying is any progressive who got buttmad over lockdown protests can't be saying at the same time "let immigrants continue to flow in".

cdtm
The deaths are mostly old people who were going to die anyway, also doctors and nurses... which is a shame. erm

Nurses with insufficient protective gear.

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/westchester/2020/04/20/nurse-lawsuits-coronavirus-masks-protection/5165220002/

Disgusting. And apparently not uncommon before the pandemic, at least according to several Quarans.

One claims a guy responsible for the budget actually limited nurses to one set of gloves a day, no masks, no basic hygenic shite. When they got fed up and complained to the head boss, he was literally grabbed and tossed out the door.

The key seemed to be an incentive to use any money under budget as they see fit, leading to assanine budget policies. I bet that's what's behind the shortage of N95 masks for common nurses, the tightwads simply don't want to spend the money, and don't care if they lose a nurse to illness because they're easily replaced.

dadudemon
No

LkH2r-sNjQs

Really cool! Other than a clear lack of understanding of cryptography and basic TCP/IP, he's also wrong and overly confident in paper ballot methods, too.

I should do a video response to him.

A paper was already written, years before Scott made that video, detailing why he is wrong:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/ 256051106_How_NIST_Has_Misled_Congress_and_the_Ame
rican_People_about_Internet_Voting_Insecurity_or_I
nternet_Voting_in_the_USA_History_and_Prospects

Disagree with you overall, and it's one of the few things I agree with Trump on. Paper-voting, so it can be tracked and recounted if need be.

While I would love the convenience of voting from my phone, the security risks are too high.

Maybe it's different in Oklahomo? But here in Califorina mail-in voting is very easy.

You can track and recount electronic votes, as well. You can also verify the an electronic vote (using the mobile solution) was cast exactly once by one registered voter. The security risks, according to actual research, have not been seen (and if you knew how hashes, checksums, blockchains, secure tunnels, and strong encryption worked, you'd understand why it's more secure than paper ballots).

While you're concerned about mail in ballots not being made available and how "secure" mail in ballots are, we have severely poor performing mail in ballot issues:

Don't you care about the old folks who had problems filling out their ballots? I'm going to guess that you don't. The underlying insidious problem with the mail in ballot problem is that it disproportionately affects the elderly when their votes do not count. They vote overwhelmingly conservative.

My solution would include national voting registry with IDs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.