It`s a girl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

finti
Well we, me and Monika, got a little girl monday night. This birth thing is the reason why I have not been inn here so often latley. Everything is ok with the little one and the mother, the only one left dazed and confused(okey which band had a song title this) is the proud father:ME. I`m gonna bring her up like a real SW fan you can be shure of that. So dipers and crying gonna be my future for the next couple of months, but it is worth it.
I AM YOUR FATHERsmile

Raz
Wow, thats great news finti! Congratulations!!! big grin

Gundark
Congradulations again, finti. smile I wish you and your little family good health and much happiness. smile smile

queeq
WOW! Fanastic, finti. Welcome to the club of SW fathers. Good to hear everything is going well. Treat them gently these first days, you are all they have now. Congrats and pass our best wishes over to the proud mother.

Dim
Ooh.. that's great finti!...I hope we get to see a pic some day soon...smile smile smile

Jedi Mercenary
Get out the Stogies!!

queeq
PIC! PIC! PIC!

Dim
Whatcha name her, finti?..

finti

queeq
Like Liv Ullman.

So when do you have to decide upon that name. Can't wait too long, can you?

finti
We can wait 6 monthssmile , yeah like Liv Ullman.sick

queeq
Six months!!!! What are you gonna call her until then: babe?

Dim
Oh man...don't wait that long.. I'm sure you guys will get a feeling of who she is in a couple a bit... Both names are very pretty... As for everyone else's suggestions..only 2 people have any right to name her..and that's the two who created her.. What does Monika like?

queeq
Monika will win. laughing out loud

Gundark
I like both names too. Tell everybody else to either have their own baby or go pound sand.

queeq
Why not have both?

finti
Monika will not win, I`m a sith. Monika kind off like Live. she never said what she feels about Julia so I guess that is not a name she prefere. And for having both, no way man. First they dont fit well together and secondly it`s not common to give kids two names in Norway. Of course some have two names, but the common thing is one name only.smile And we will not wait six months, but the naming laws says if you haven`t got a name within six months the authorities will name her. Talk about freedom. It would be fun to challenge them on it though. Major victory for Finti. And then I would kick their buttts.

queeq
Well, we had a name for our first son we liked a lot, but it would only be fun if he had red hair like his dad. So we picked the next name on our list, we liked it but where not thrilled about it the day he was born. SO we waited a day and since then we loved it and felt it really suited him. So there, it takes getting used to. Same with the second one BTW.

Gundark
So you named them Pete and RePete ? laughing out loud j/k, queeqer

The authorities would name her then ?????!!!!!! That's unbelieveable, finti !!! sad

Dim
Well, I can kind of understand...I mean..2 years and you haven't named your kid!

queeq
Two years? *starts adding: 9 + 6 = 15 months, ?????*

Ratcat
Ya forgot about the working to make the baby bit. That can take a while.

We already have a name for our impending arrival, but queeq is right. You name her what you want. No one, but no one can tell yopu how to do that...

queeq
Nope. Can't remember ever reading a manual. Did you get one with your duaghter by the way? We never seem to get one. Twice now we have had to figure everything out by ourselves, service is not what is used to be. laughing out loud

*did my ears deceive me? Did he say: "queeq is right". Brrrrrrrr*

Gundark
Finti said 6 months, Dimmy, not 2 years. laughing out loud

I have this great book...."Training your Labrador Retriever"...see, I get instructions with mine !!! Wanna borrow it, guys ? laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
Yes, PLEASE. Mail it to me ASAP.

Gundark
It's a little dog-eared. laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
laughing out loud I guess that means it works.

Dim
Oh great...so, your's will be the barking children who go outside to have their diapers changed? laughing out loud

Ratcat
Hmmm, that could be OK in June, but in March, bit too cold...

Dim
Hmmmm..yeah, true..

*throws the dog book away*

Ratcat
Little lout!

queeq
If they'd do all that it's a great success. More than they do now. laughing out loud

Gundark
Well, finti ? Any decision yet ?

finti
No,lots of suggestions though. But I still got some brocoli in my ears so I`m not listening. My mind is made up either Live or Julia.

queeq
So who's winning in the negotiations? Need a mediator?

finti
What negotiations?

queeq
About the name. Between you and Monika.

Ratcat
Is that how you run it in your household queeq. It's a marraige not a hostage situation. laughing out loud

queeq
We actually agreed before birth on the names. We always have two boys' names and two girls' names. We decide upon birth between the two candidates in question.

Gundark
We're getting a third lab (pup) next spring. Since Tommy named the first two (Tytus and Cricket), I'm naming the next one...my fav, of course...LUKE !!!! smile

Dim
I'm just gonna tell whomever I end up having a kid with "I birthed it..you name it...I'm taking a nap." laughing out loud

Ratcat
laughing out loud Now THAT is funny!

queeq
"Whateveryouwant", what a strange name.

finti
I have come up with two names my work is done, now we just have to deceide on one of MY names.

queeq
Hehehehehe, how democratic.

Ratcat
Hmmm, well I got to name the first one cos he was a boy.

Mandy get's to name the current bump as it's a girl.

And the best part was that the system was HER idea!

queeq
What if No.2 is a boy. Is it your call again?

Ratcat
Well it's been sexed as a girl by the ultrasound and they have a 99% hit rate with that but if it's a boy I think I'll still let her choose, after all she did let me name Ben.

queeq
Ah, you peeked. laughing out loud

So what's the girl's name gonna be?

Ratcat
Well, that I'm not telling. Mandy has decided and I do like what she has chosen but I'm keeping that until the big day. Don't want to tempt any bad demons, ya know what I mean.

queeq
Yeah right, and peeking won't do that? laughing out loud

Anyway, when's it due?

Ratcat
We already did this in another thread. Man you have a BAD memory. 29th June.

Aas for demons, well I could hardly stop Mandy asking the scan lady when she was the one laying on the trolly with slime all over her belly now could I?

queeq
Yes, you could. Yo the man!

Ratcat
Ummm, no me sit in corner and keep big mouth shut if me know what good for me. laughing out loud

queeq
So she turned you into Tonto. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Something like that!

queeq
laughing out loud

Ratcat
Speachless huh?

queeq
Just laughing. Is that okay?

Ratcat
But of course, laughter is the best medicine after all.

Gundark
Current bump ? laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Never heard that one before. I don't ever want SLIME on my belly, let me make that perfectly clear. sick

Ratcat
Well, I here you should try maintaining a full bladder for an hout too while you wait for the scan to be done. Apparentrly THAT was uncomfortable.

queeq
No slime on your belly? Guess I don't stand a chance then. laughing out loud

Ratcat
EEEuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh. And that's 3!!!

laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Gundark
I'll have to talk to my lawyer before I can make a statement. stick out tongue

Ratcat
I really thnk you ought!!! laughing out loud

Gundark
My lawyer says to remain silent. Anything I say can and will be used against me in a court of Sith. laughing out loud

Hey, finti....whats up, whats going on over there.....how's baby finti doing ????? smile

Ratcat
Yeah finti, have you perfected that "Pretneding to be asleep act" for when baby wakes up at 3 in the morning?laughing out loud

finti
Consider the fact that I am a guy, what can I do in the middle of the night. The baby wants food and food is milk and milk is in the womens breasts, only thing is I`m a light sleeper and I am awake by the tiniest of sounds.
The baby is doing great she actually sleeps through the night, well awake around 4 eats get back to sleep, and both mother and daughter is asleep when I go to work.
Due to the fact I`m a light sleeper Monika wouldn have fallen for pretend to be asleep act.
Maybe I`ll do the act at work. *Finti can you do this?....zzzzzzzzzsmile

queeq
That'd work. laughing out loud

Okay, Gundy, my lawyer talked to your lawyer and then my Sith Assasin told your lawyer to settle and he agreed. You will now do as I tell you. laughing out loud

Ratcat
OK, not even going to get intop expressing milk and the like. If monioka hasn't come up with it then you're on a winner. One little point, sometimes they wake up and they're not hungry.

Don't tell me you don't change the nappies finti. laughing out loud

Dim
Nobody really gets away with that do they?

Ratcat
Which bit?

queeq
I think she means the nappies.

Ratcat
OH, right. Well we worked a shift system. One night on one night off. Alsoi, after the first few weeks we started to switch to forumula milk too.

Gundark
The first time Tommy and I had our Goddaughter for the afternoon (about a year and a half ago) I went to change her diaper (scuse me, nappie) and Tommy looked and said "what the $%&* have they been feeding that kid?" and then pinched his nose shut and ran from the room. I laughed my head off and made up my mind then and there. Dogs only. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Oooops, almost forgot....yes, master queeq. (Gundark goes to phone book to find new lawyer) laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
*phone rings*

Girl: Good afternoon Sith Lawyers and Partners
Gundy: I need a new lawyer.
Girl: Ah, yes my boss said you would call, here's some free advice: settle!
laughing out loud

Strange thing is though, that you get used to changing nappies. It took me quite a while to change a doodoo one, especially in the morning. Now, I'm fine with it. Anyone needs a clean diaper? Gundy?

Gundark
Ahem, sorry master, I don't think I've physically reached that stage of my life again. laughing out loud

queeq
Maybe you'd like to relive your early childhood? laughing out loud

Ratcat
I never had a problem with it with Ben, but I'd already had to deal with 2 nethews in the past. The worst ones are when they are new born and that black stuff that comes out like tar. It's not the smell, just the fact that it's so hard to wipe away...

queeq
Yeah, that IS weird stuff. Fortunately it's gone after a day or two.

Ratcat
Well yeah, but then the green stuff starts and that lasts for months..... And is worse if breast feeding rather than uising formula...

Dim
I've never changed a diaper in my life...and now I'm thinking that maybe I really don't want to laughing out loud

Gundark
I've changed enough with my sister's four kids to know I don't wanna do any more. laughing out loud

queeq
Green stuff? Green is bad, isn't it? It should be yellow and all I know is the breast feed stuff. It smelled a lot like cheese actually.

Ratcat
Green, Yellow, whatever colour that it it still stinks!!!laughing out loud

Dim
And I can't believe we're talking about it...There are more pleasant things about babies to talk about you know. laughing out loud

Ratcat
What, more interesting than baby poo!!!

queeq
It's funny. As you know we have lots of cheese in Holland and at better prices than all of you pay for it. I smelled the cheese once not too long after Liam was born and I was shocked at how similar it smelled. And no, the cheese had not gone bad. laughing out loud

Ratcat
But do you still eat cheese now???

queeq
Uh..........yes..... Hey, I'm Dutch. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Hmmm, cheese is good. Can't really get many good hard cheeses here. Kinda ends up being a Christmas time treat.

queeq
I know. My sister live in England. She always takes huge chunks back home when she visits. That and..... LICORICE!!!

Ratcat
Urgh, can't stand licorish......

queeq
Black gold, it's super.

Ratcat
Nah, can't stand it. Right up there with aniceed for shere yuck value!!!

finti
The war is over, her name is going to be Live Nesse Fintland
Nesse is Monika`s last name. I had to make a compromise though, I had to agree to baptise Live in the church.sad
Thats gonna be a fun day, me in a church.(Lutheran protestant aka state church). Well at least I got to chose the name.

queeq
Congrats on the name, finti. And maybe this time you won't even throw up in church, who knows. laughing out loud

Gundark
Hey we have a name before 100 posts are up !!!! smile (queeq, this is all your fault ! laughing out loud )

Congrats, finti....she is now part of the tribe. smile smile

queeq
My fault? I like happy endings. Well, endings at least. laughing out loud

finti
Her title will be Queen of the Northsmile

queeq
Wow. And that makes you Prince-Father Finti.

finti
No, Emperor of the Northsmile

Dim
I'm just glad to hear she got a name laughing out loud cute name too..

okay..topic close..

Goodnight little Queen of the North.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.