Wonder Woman vs Mantis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9

DarkSaint85
WW, it becomes closer if stats were equalised though. She's too fast and strong for Mantis.

lawest9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
WW, it becomes closer if stats were equalised though. She's too fast and strong for Mantis. Well Mantis has taken fown Thor before with pressure points applied to his neck, however you can make the case that she caught him off guard.

DarkSaint85
Plus WW is more skilled and faster than Thor

Senor Cage
Wonder Woman

StiltmanFTW
Plus WW is more skilled and faster than Thor

Who isn't?

lawest9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Who isn't? 😄

cdtm
WW, it becomes closer if stats were equalised though. She's too fast and strong for Mantis.

Not too sure about being too fast.

I believe Doctor Strange used a technique he was taught by Mantis to track Air Walker with a magic bolt. I forget when this happened, but perhaps someone else may know the example I'm talking about.

Plus Mantis herself had danced around Obliterator, Heralds, other speedsters (Didn't she trip one?)

And then there's that time she raced across a farm a sizable distance to intercept a shotgun, starting her run only after it fired at its target.

DarkSaint85
Yeah.....WW is too fast for Mantis

lawest9
I seem to remember somewhere in an issue of Avengers or some other where Mantis took down Quicksilver with a flying kick.

lawest9
Here we go..........

https://images.app.goo.gl/5QtZ555qufPhFXsh7

StyleTime
Diana bounces her off the pavement.

I get she has highs over her career, but I don't know....I feel like a sane Typhoid Mary and Mantis are fairly equivalent. Trade-offs in certain areas, but similar enough. Plus, as Smurph pointed out, "cosmic martial arts" seems to have fallen by the wayside in modern times. Has Mantis done any of that stuff in the past 25-30 years?

Stoic

Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.