What will happen at the end of ep 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

glenn
What do all you think will happen at the end of episode 3 because i think what will happen will be at the end there will be a shot of the empire being born and Obi Wan and Yoda looking at it.

Telemicus
I think it might go further than that, with Yoda and Obi Wan be throughly defeated and fleeing to there respective hideaways.
I mean, they are being pretty lame come Episode IV/V, one hiding in a bog, the other pretending to be mad in a desert.
They must get their arses pretty whipped to not even try to stop the empire.....
It is said that vader hunted down and killed all the remaining Jedi, i'm looking forward to seeing some real dark action as episodes I and II where all too light and jolly for my liking.

yerssot
two jedi against an empire... sure why not go on a suicide mission

cookies2006
Yeah this will be the best ending movie ever. That sucks it will be the last one.

Member.
padme dies or disappears and is presumed dead. jar jar binks dies. mace windu dies. anakin turns into darth vader. yoda and ob1 goes into hiding. leia is given to senator. ob1 sends luke to his uncles. the empire grows. the death star gets underway. hunting of the jedi. vader gets a red light saber. ob1 ponders how he had failed. anakin deals with his anger inside of himself and couldn't control it. what more is there to say?

glenn
Good answer mate. Well put.

masterofmatrix
at the end of ep 3 anakin falls into a volcano and comes out all weak and has difficulty breathing then falls into a tar pit then the fight begins

yerssot
that's according to the ROTJ novel yes, could still chance

Metroplex
I read this in killermovies website. Right after Anakin falls into the Volcano, he becomes bionic and appears as the Darth Vader we see. James Earl Jones is said to do his voice

yerssot
read the post above mine metroplex and then my previous one

Ushgarak
Indeed, that is old rumour from VERY old days and there is not yet any proof at all that it is true.

cookies2006
so it is fun just to take a stab at it.

Corran
Having watched ESB again I think that we will see a little of Luke and Leia growing up, possibly starting on Dagobah with Yoda and maybe Ben.

Senor_Pessoba
Obi-Wan and Anakin have a big lightsaber battle on a volcanic planet, Obi-Wan defeats Anakin and he falls into the volcano...thus needing his Darth Vader suit in order to survive further...

glenn
That what i thought, except i thought anakin fell into some acid or something like that.

justinday15
I think vader and obi wan will battle and vader will win. obi wan will take yoda to dagobah, then go to tatooine and drop luke off with his uncle and wait until hes old enough to fight the empire.

cookies2006
No duh? ya i agree.

Omegaman
Vader will not win, OBi will! How else do you think Vader gets in the bad shape he is in for eps. 4,5,6? Who do you think puts him in that suit?

cookies2006
Mace windu dies tryin to kill anakin but darth vader just gets minor burns.

Julie
the last scene could be with Anakin, and I am inclined to believe so only because this has the feel of a dark movie...if it ends ( as I sometimes hope) with Luke and Leia's birth and uh banishment of sorts to diff planets, then there will be a bit of a happy moment....even in the midst of the sadness that the "heroes" escape tofight another day....

glenn
Should be an interesting battle between Obi1 and Anakin. What do you think makes Anakin turn to the Darkside.

x-men
i read on the force.net that during an interview james earl jones revealed the ending for ep3 and that it was obi-wan had just told the lars family to look after luke and said that anakin is bad blr blr blr.and obi-wan walks in to the mist of tatooine

yerssot
people talked about that ending since ... well, long as they were talking about EpIII

phinney6
I think it will show Vader (in his suit) and Palpatine by his side wacthing as a larger stormtrooper army walks by

glenn
The epsode will ahve to end with a wide shot of the empire being born and Palpatine and Vador looking at it.

cookies2006
Yeah sort of like around the end of ep2.?.

Master Windu
I think the end is like that but more. Like after anackin or Vader destroys all of the remaining jedi. there are only 5 good people left. Obi-wan Mace Windu, yoda, Luke and Liea. They are in a hangar bay and all of a sudden Vader appears and his master Sidious. Now all of them are running away and there is a ship but they need to buy some time to get it up and operational. So Master Windu says he will sacrifice his life to do so. As long as Luke and Liea will be safe. Windu starts the battle taking on vader and then sidious jumps in. He is holding his ground but is tireing. The ship is finally operational and unfortunitly they take off and Master Windu has nothing more else to say because he dies and becomes one with the force.

Ushgarak
More Jedi will most likely survive the film, and you forgot Bail Organa.

queeq
You mean aside from OB1 and Yoda who are both exiled??? I dunno...

Ushgarak
Yes, no time to kill them all in the film; they will be hunted down between films most likely.

finti
guess so

Omegaman
I think it would be cool to have the ending seen with Darth Sidious looking out of a window looking over his "army" with a evil little smile on his face. Then doors open behind him , and we start to hear the infamous "breathing" of Darth Vader as he joins the Emperor at the window to see their Empire "born"

glenn
Good ending.

Istark
I'm fairly sure the following things will happen in Ep III:

* He will be in "Vader" mode for a good third to half of the movie.

* The infamous "Volcano fight scene" with Obi-Wan will take place.

* He will believe Padme to be dead, but I don't believe she dies in this one, as Leia has memories of her. Of course, that might be ignored a teensy bit by Lucas, and she might die in this one... but I am bankinh against it. Perhaps she leaves him because of his continuing corruption.

* I am fairly sure that we'll find out that the reason the Jedi Council haven't been able to figure out that Palpatine is Sidious whilst sitting right in front of him much of the time, is that "Palpatine" is in face Sidious' clone.

* For someone who said that it will end with a shot of the birth of the empire.... that's how Ep II ended. THAT was the Empire being born right there. Imperial Theme and all. Remember that Palpatine doesn't disband the senate until the beginning of "A New Hope," but it is clear that it's kicking into "Empire" mode already.

* Episode III is going to have Anakin/Vader killing a lot of Jedi is what is going to happen. Lucas himself has been quoted as saying that this movie will be so dark that he doesn't know how some fans are going to take it. So it isn't going to be happy and fluffy.

*With Peter Mahew slated to be in the movie, I believe the Wookiee homeworld will be taken over in this one. We'll probably see them being used as slaves to construct the Death Star.

* And I'm not saying this WILL happen, but it would not surprise me if the Death Star is test-fired on Naboo. It certainly would explain the lack of Gungans in later movies.... and I think Lucas might have ben planning this all along.

--Istark

glenn
Yeah she does have memories but she says that she died when she was very young. I think that yoda already knows that Palpatine is hiding something because he is weary of him at the beginning of episode 2. I agree with you about Peter Mayhew being in the third one, but i heard that a young Han Solo was to be in it as well. And the Death Star does not fire on the planet Naboo because in A new Hope the first shot that the Death Star fired to make it operational was on the planet of Alderan to try and make Leia talk about the Rebel Base. But it would be good to see it test fire on the planet Naboo though.

finti
we kind of know this
"The dark side clouds everything"-Yoda

Very good, just have the same opinion about that

They tested it on Alderaan as glenn pointed out

SimK68
I think they will go on escape-pods.

SimK68
They may test it on NEW rebal ships. Remember, there is a 20 year gap between Ep. III and Ep. IV

glenn
Alderaan was the very first thing the death star test fired it weapon on. Not being horrible to you but you should sit down and watch ep IV again.

Istark
Actually, Alderaan wasn't -necessarily- the first thing the Death Star was fired upon. First of all, Lucas has been fairly prone to contradict himself at times in the movie dialogue, whether by chance or design. If we went simply by Ep IV, then we'd assume that Vader LITERALLY killed Luke's father. In Ep IV, Tarkin was already aware that the battle-station was operational. BUT, thinking about it again, I suppose if they destroyed Naboo first, then word would have spread rather quickly, so that might put a damper on my little theory. So Alderaan is likely, as you say, the first-ever target of the Death Star.

As for the Dark Side clouding everything, you're right. But I still maintain that -- at this moment -- Sidious has cloned himself and that is who he is using as his stand-in within the republic. It makes a lot of sense, and when the Jedi are finally taken care of fully (or sooner, for that matter), he can just do away with his own clone and step in as if he'd been there all along. It's just a HUNCH, mind you.... but I'd be surprised if Sidious hadn't cloned himself, so that he could orchestrate his nastiness from behind the scenes. smile

finti
Well Tarkin said to Leia that she could chose the destination for the demonstration of the battle station. DS is brand new in ep IV.
And Lucas said in an interview that Nabbo still was around it just didnt play any importance to the history of the OT

Ushgarak
Look, cloning in the SW universe isnlt copying yourself literally, it is growing a new being from scratch. It would not work with Palpatine making a 'duplicate' like that.

Rudimus
I think we will jump forward a few years and see a very young boy named Luke Skywalker being watched over by Obi-Wan on Tatooine.

rogue_jedi
anakin falls into a smelting pit during his duel with obi wan. my guess is that the jedi council will find out about anakin and padmes marriage, and force him to choose.... jedi or padme. at this point anakin will choose padme, then yoda will expell him from the order. anakin slips to the dark side.....obi wan goes to anakin to try and bring him back to the light and rejoin the order....LIGHTSBAER DUEL!!!!!!.....anakin falls into a smelting pit. obi wan delivers luke and leia to owen/beru and bail organa. yoda, sensing the impending attack on the jedi, flees to dagobah, obi wan fleeing to tattooine. the rest of the jedi, led by mace windu, stay and fight. mace bests dooku in a lightsaber duel, but is gravely wounded and falls under numerous battle droids. the rest of the jedi are similarily wiped out......the final scene? vader, in his black armor, on the bridge of a star destroyer, looking out into space as tie fighters zoom by. the republic is dead, all hail emperor palpantine!!!!!!

glenn
Interesting story line.

General Kaliero
I think my version of the end is sensible, and, if you think about it, highly plausible. Here it is:

It's always a lava pit or acid pit. Why not something interesting like corrosive gas or simply being cut up too badly to survive?

Star Wars has always had a large multi-spot battle at the end (the famed "reel 6" for all the SW movies) So why not a three way battle between Yoda/Palpy, Mace/Dooku, and OB1/Anakin. Here's a good plot:

OB1, Ani, Maca and Yoda all come in to attack Palpy and Dooku. OB1 tries to order ani around, and the Emperor feeds Ani's anger until he turns on OB1 and attacks.
Mace and Dooku are fighting, and after some cool moves and force usage Dooku beats Mace, killing him.
At the same time, Palpy attacks Yoda first with the force. After the two deflect eachother a bit, Palpy pulls out his saber and attacks Yoda, and they begin a fight. After a bit more frog-hopping from yodaman, he is blown/knocked/pushed off of a cliff or ledge, depending on where they're fighting. Palpy thinks yoda's dead, but he survived, and leaves in disgrace.
Meanwhile, Ani and OB1 have been fighting, and Ani pushes OB1 into a wall knocking him out. Palpy tells Ani to complete his journey, and Ani slays Dooku easily. Then OB1 gets back up and Ani attacks, but OB1 wails on him. They eventually find their way to a pit containing some deadly substance you shouldn't fall into, and OB1 knocks Ani into it.

The final shots would have to do with OB1 getting to Tattooine and giving Luke to Owen, Yoda landing at Dagobah, and The very last shot would be Vaders helmet, with two Vader breaths, then credits.

Now I just have to get to Marin county, CA, and kidnap The Great One from an ILM meeting. That way, I can ENFORCE my ideas upon him... Happy Dance

finti
I rather take the great ones idea

Altar[1stONE]
You guys are wrong about the theroy on how anakin just get put in the suit due to burns from the reactor acid of corausaunt. The reason Anakin needs that suit to breath is simply this , when obi and him are fighting , the final blow anakin recieves is a stab in the chest , inpalling his ribs therefore not being able to breath. He is force pushed into the acid/lave/reactor acid whatever and so on. I heard a theroy that dooku follows yoda to dagabah and they have a final duel. Then due to dookus death , his dark force spreads threw dagabah making it ugly and gruesome.

yerssot
so, ... he gets a stab in the chest... though he manages to hold a little speech in ROTJ?

Ushgarak
Not that you can actually PROVE that in any way at all, Altar.

finti
actually it is way too far fetched

Altar[1stONE]
That is the reason he needs to breath , its a proven fact . I think the idea about being burnt and then for some reason not being able to breath is far fetched. And another thing , vader if he did fall into a volcano is bs. I meen , when we seem him without the helmet , his head is still white , not all burned and pealing skin. If the volcano theroy was fact , he would not look as pretty as he did in Rotj.

yerssot
and that's why it's a guess and not true

Altar[1stONE]
Correctomundo

Ushgarak
It's a proven fact that he needs to breathe because he got a sabre through the chest? NO. That is a THEORY- maybe a reasonable one, but a theory all the same. There are NO proven facts here.

Do remember the Volcano thing was originally George Lucas' idea (not the idle musings of some fan), so it is ALWAYS possible. We just are not sure if he is actually going to use it.

Star Wars Geek
Well, first off, the Volcano Theory is from early drafts of ROTJ where Vader's past is revealed a little more to Luke then what made the final version. Also, it says he fell into a VOLCANO, not into LAVA. You can fall into a pit of a Volcano and not neccessarily fall into lava, the intense heat from the Volcano however will still burn skin severly and also if you breathe in those extreme temperatures it will destroy your lungs! So, make sure you seperate falling into a Volcano from falling into Lava! Big Difference!
Next, this is now speculation and rumor, but, the rumor was that James Earl Jones was to only have one line of DIalogue in E3, I don't believe it for reasons I will get to in a minute, but, if it is true, I can see that one line being "Yes, My Master" to Palpatine after the Vader Helmet is placed on the badly burned Anakin.

Now, why I don't think that will be Jones only spoken dialogue, is that, in ANH Obi Wan tells Luke that it was Vader that hunted down and destroyed the remaining Jedi, so, if Vader isn't born until the end Of E3, then we won't see him hunt anythign down, and we will be left hanging on what Jedi were hunted down. I think Darth Vader isn't born till the suit goes on, because at that point he is at the top of his rage and anger, and is more then likely hell bent on revenge, so, if that's true we will probably see alittle Vader Aciton in E3 as he wipes out a few Jedi. Just a thought and specualtion!

Star Wars Geek
Oh, and I forgot, about DOoku fighting Yoda, in the Star Wars Insider Issue for August 2003, Rick McCallum says there will be no rematch between Dooku and Yoda in E3, but, they will both have fighting scenes! It's on page 7

Altar[1stONE]
Interesting , I do agree with you now on that theroy of falling into a volcano , not lava. ya that is true , breathing in intense corbon dioxide or smoke or even flame will damage the lungs. So that could be a reason , but a better theroy is the stab threw the chest. But maybe not , maybe obi doesnt kill him , maybe anakin just falls or something . Also this may be true , because if anakin were killed , and obi was sure anakin was dead , in ANH obi wan clearly knows that darth is anakin . He knows this because , we all know vader says once i was yet a learner now i am the master. So possibly , the theroy on anakin dying is false , or maybe its true from a certain point of view.

Star Wars Geek
I'm pretty sure that I read someplace that the air in a volcano is acidic. There is so much heat that the heat actually mixes all the gases with the air and forms Hydrochloric and Nitric Acid, I believe, I could be wrong. So if you breath that stuff in, your hurting as well!

Ushgarak
Well, it will be a Star Wars science volcano, so best not to read too much into complexity like that...

KidRock
I think its going to be padme holding leia and and luke in her arms with thousands of dead jedi with there lightsabers out infront of them ( like the marines do) and then the screen goes zooming forward very fast to show all the jedi then switch to show the creation of the Empire and OB1 and Yoda looking on as the screen fades away.

Cheesiness
The Credits will role and it will be time for us to say our Goodbyes.

Mist
its not ep3 that will be emotional, it will be saying goodbye to star wars.
WE SALUTE YOU!!

Cheesiness
The prequals suck, so it won't be that emotional...

BAILY
You know what else sucks?? a vacuum

lil bitchiness
Stop this nonsense please! If you wanna post mindless random crap and bump old redundant threads go to OTF.

noobone
agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.