John Wick vs Riddick close quarter combat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HulkIsHulk
Both at peak. No guns or bows.
Round 1: Pure h2h in the arena from Thor Ragnarok
Round 2: Both begin unarmed in the library in JW3
Round 3: Both get a knife of their choice and fight in a restaurant kitchen
These areas will be emptied of other pople

NemeBro
I'm pretty sure someone made this fight before, and Riddick stomped then too. Wick has the damage soak in the unarmed fights to last for a short while, but Riddick won't lose a single time, and in the knife fight Riddick will kill him immediately.

Wick is low end superhuman in that action star kind of way yeah, but Riddick is a bonafide legitimate superhuman, able to restrain monsters who tear humans to pieces and catch a fallen man with one hand by the neck without any strain. He'd crush Wick.

KingD19
Yeah any man who can kick a machete from a chained position and turn it into a buzzsaw that flies through the air and chops a man's head off from across the room is superhuman.

riv6672
Either that or the machete is possessed by Satan!

Riddick FTW.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah any man who can kick a machete from a chained position and turn it into a buzzsaw that flies through the air and chops a man's head off from across the room is superhuman.
He didn't cut the guy's head off, he embedded the machete is the safe door behind him.

riv6672

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by NemeBro
I'm pretty sure someone made this fight before, and Riddick stomped then too. Wick has the damage soak in the unarmed fights to last for a short while, but Riddick won't lose a single time, and in the knife fight Riddick will kill him immediately.

Wick is low end superhuman in that action star kind of way yeah, but Riddick is a bonafide legitimate superhuman, able to restrain monsters who tear humans to pieces and catch a fallen man with one hand by the neck without any strain. He'd crush Wick.

Yeah...Riddick is way past human.

KingD19
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
He didn't cut the guy's head off, he embedded the machete is the safe door behind him.

You are misremembering the scene and leaving out the most impressive part which is what I already stated.

hV9ArqfKqw0

While Riddick was chained up and Boss Johns was trying to free him, Santana goes to cut him down, but Riddick kicks the machete out of his hand into the ceiling(made of metal so great strength feat), then kicks Santana clear across the room(another insane feat since he's basically squatting and only used one foot). The machete falls and he balances it on his foot(reflex/dexterity feats) before kicking it across the room like a buzzsaw where it cut Santana's head off like I said, and then embedded in the reinforced wall behind him. Then the top part of his skull(mouth up) falls into the box Riddick slid across the floor, the same box they originally wanted to put Riddick's head in.

And it was more impressive because he didn't cut at the neck, he cut through his jawbone and skull.

Fast forward to 1:00 and then I'll wait for your reply.

HulkIsHulk
I meant he didn't just cut Santana's head off, but also embedded in the ealk behind him
My bad

KingD19
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
I meant he didn't just cut Santana's head off, but also embedded in the ealk behind him
My bad

Ohhh I thought you were saying somehow he didnt cut his head off, but only embedded the machete in the wall. But yeah altogether that string of feats is just insane. He impaled the ceiling, the wall, and did the worlds first no-hand beheading without being able to even stand up.

Jmanghan
Riddick destroys him, I'm not confident of Wick lasting more then a few seconds.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Riddick destroys him, I'm not confident of Wick lasting more then a few seconds.

I doubt he does. Riddick is blatantly well beyond him in every single category

BruceSkywalker
Both are superhuman but Riddick outclasses Wick in close quarter combat

KingD19
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Both are superhuman but Riddick outclasses Wick in close quarter combat

While true that both are superhuman, Riddick is absolutely Wick's superior in cqc, even if only because he has super stats behind it.

But comparing John to Riddick is like saying Captain America and Thor are both superhuman. Yeah they're both well beyond normal people, but the two aren't directly comparable because one is so far above the other it's not even a contest.

Like at the end of Parabellum, Wick got shot a few times by Winston(in his bulletproof suit), fell from the roof, hit a lower roof, then a fire escape, then hit the ground. The Tick-Tock Man had to come scoop him off the pavement and carry him to the Bowery King because he was in such bad shape.

Riddick on the other hand killed 2 men in a split second with 2 knives thrown at the same time from a single hand, moved so fast he basically teleported from 15 feet away to kill the 3rd guy in the time it took him to look down at his friend, then look back up a second later. Dodged 3 gravity gun blasts, one of which was shot at his back so he jumped and did a split mid-air to avoid it without even seeing it(gravity guns are powerful enough to shatter stone and split cliff faces from mountains, but in Chronicles he took a hit from one, got blasted like 20 feet into a boulder and got back up). He also embedded one of those knives hilt-deep into solid stone while doing that same jumping, turning split, so he had no actual solid footing or time to prepare the throw. And in doing so frightened the 3rd most powerful Necromonger alive(Krone) so bad, instead of getting close to fight him, he just shot the cliff he was on until it fell.

So Riddick falls several hundred feet onto solid ground below him, and is buried under so much rubble only his hand is sticking out. He survived that, snapped the neck of the flying monster that was nipping at his fingers with that one hand, then dug himself out and with a severely broken leg, crawled to safety. After that he snapped his leg back into place and made a split by jabbing daggers into his leg through his armor. Then he fought off a jackal and a mud demon, then immediately got back up and found some ruins he could go heal in...as in, he snapped his leg back in between 2 rocks, jabbed spikes in his armor to make a splint, then hiked a few miles and took a nap so he could get better.

The level of things they do is just ridiculously different.

BrolyBlack

meep-meep
John Wick is such a better movie than anything Vin Diesel has been in. But Wick loses after a brutal fight. Riddick might not walk away either.

KingD19
Riddick definitely walks away. And wins all 3 rounds.

meep-meep
With a limp.

KingD19
Possibly, but after multiple movies of walking through people with his bare hands and knives like John uses guns, as well as superbumans and apex predators, its a very slight limp.

Eon Blue
I like Wick more, but Riddick wins in a fight every time.

meep-meep
Originally posted by KingD19
Possibly, but after multiple movies of walking through people with his bare hands and knives like John uses guns, as well as superbumans and apex predators, its a very slight limp.

Riddick in the sequel was almost an entirely different character, as far as his abilities. Pitch Black Riddick and John Wick would be a heck of a fight. I'd admit Wick would lose, but Riddick wouldn't be in good shape afterwards. Chronicles of Riddick would stomp Wick.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by meep-meep
John Wick is such a better movie than anything Vin Diesel has been in. But Wick loses after a brutal fight. Riddick might not walk away either. I liked Pitch Black more, meh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.