Voice actors: The Best and Favorites

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Simple enough.

Who is/are the best voice actor(s)?

Who are your favorites? Why? Which movie or series?

I think that we can all agree that Mel Blanc is the undisputed King of all voice actors. The guy was, literally, confirmed as the "Man of 1,000 Voices".

June Foray should also be mentioned even though her death was treated with little attention, which saddened me. Foray was super versatile and did some of the most iconic voices in cartoon history.

Kevin Conroy's Batman is no reason needed. His voice is gold.

James Earl Jones is an icon in his own as Darth Vader, but his greatest voiced work is from "Flight of Dragons" as Ommadon, the Red Wizard. A truly captivating performance.

Flyattractor
Frank Welker. Thread/

BruceSkywalker
kevin conroy and james earl jones that is all...

honorable mention ashley eckstein and kevin michael richardson

Galan007
Ironside Darkseid.

Flyattractor
Rob Paulson
Mark Hamill
Dorien Harewood
Peter Cullen
Gary Owens
Steve Blum

The List just goes on and on...

NemeBro
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Frank Welker. Thread/ Yep, certainly the greatest. Not even Mel Blanc had a range as wide as Welker's.

Surtur
No love for Casey Kasem?

Clancy Brown deserves a mention too.

Surtur
Fred Tatasciore too. Mike Judge deserves a nod too.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Surtur
No love for Casey Kasem?

Clancy Brown deserves a mention too.

forgot about those

Impediment
I want Clancy Brown to voice the Kingpin in an animated adaptation of the entire Punisher MAX arc that was done by Jason Aaron and Steve Dillon.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
I want Clancy Brown to voice the Kingpin in an animated adaptation of the entire Punisher MAX arc that was done by Jason Aaron and Steve Dillon.

if you dream it, it will come true

Khazra Reborn

KingD19
Phil LaMarr - Samurai Jack, John Stewart, Static, Hermes Conrad, the list Goes on.
Sam Kenny
Billy West
John DiMaggio

Troy Baker
Nolan North

riv6672

steverules_2
Mark Hamill as Joker

Khazra Reborn

Surtur
Diedrich Bader. He was Oswald on the Drew Carey Show. He has done a decent amount of voice work and he voiced Batman in the excellent "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" cartoon.

You'll also remember him as the sheriff from that Simpsons episode where they go on spring break and accidentally "kill" an alligator.

Nicole Sullivan from MadTV has done some good voice acting too.

riv6672
Originally posted by steverules_2
Mark Hamill as Joker
All Hail! thumb up

Surtur
Damn I forgot Tony Jay.

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
All Hail! thumb up

You ever see "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker"? It is a great movie. Especially that twist ending.

riv6672

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Surtur
Damn I forgot Tony Jay.

He was awesome in the Legacy of Kain games.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by NemeBro
Yep, certainly the greatest. Not even Mel Blanc had a range as wide as Welker's.

And on the Mel Blanc note.. Least we Forget...

JUNE FORAY....ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!

https://www.themainstreetmouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/DFtgSB7UQAASlzX.jpg

KingD19
Even though he only did a few things, Orson Welles as Unicron in the original Transformers movie is still one of the best acting jobs I've ever heard.

riv6672
Originally posted by KingD19
Even though he only did a few things, Orson Welles as Unicron in the original Transformers movie is still one of the best acting jobs I've ever heard.
Huh.
Never knew that. Cool!

Impediment
June Foray is a f*cking legend. I'm sad that her death was so casually treated by the media. She deserved much more praise.

I stopped watching Family Guy years ago because the revived show sucks ass and is nothing like the first three seasons, which were magical and hilarious. That said, I love Seth MacFarlane's voice because American Dad is my favorite cartoon show. Stan Smith is awesome, but Roger is my spirit guide.

KingD19
Originally posted by Impediment
June Foray is a f*cking legend. I'm sad that her death was so casually treated by the media. She deserved much more praise.

I stopped watching Family Guy years ago because the revived show sucks ass and is nothing like the first three seasons, which were magical and hilarious. That said, I love Seth MacFarlane's voice because American Dad is my favorite cartoon show. Stan Smith is awesome, but Roger is my spirit guide.

You seem like a guy who enjoys Chivalric Cabaret.

riv6672
well, tbf, who doesnt?

WolvesofBabylon
Peter Cullen

dynamix
the guy who did the voice for optimus prime. he just sounds cool af

riv6672
Really enjoying Kaley Cuoco as Harley Quinn.

dynamix
as brief as it was, orson welles as unicron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzNsOGt3bHk

"proceed on your way to oblivion" ha! boss status

riv6672
Alan Tudyk is making for a pretty fun voice actor.

Mindship
Mel Blanc is legendary. And there was also ... Paul Frees.

"A contemporary of voice actor Mel Blanc, Frees was known as 'The Man of a Thousand Voices'." (Wikipedia)

Honorable mentions to:
Clancy Brown
Kevin Conroy
Mark Hamill

HulkIsHulk
Fred Tataiscore, especially his Hulk.
Also sean schemmel (he's a dick,.but his talent is unquestionable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27NYsdqW9UE

KingD19
hzNsOGt3bHk

yERIfETEGt8

Frank Welker as Megatron
Leonard Nimoy as Galvatron(who Megatron was transformed into)
Orson Welles as Unicron

Jesus these were some of the best voice acted scenes I've ever seen to this day. Orson could have done so much more if he hadn't died right before this movie came out.

"For a tiiiime, I considered sparing your wretched little Cybertron. But now, you must witness it's...DISMEMBERMENT!!!" Then he b*tch smacks the planet. And what makes it worse is when you realize he smacked his brother because Galvatron pissed him off.

HulkIsHulk
Keith David too

KingD19
Goliath is one of the beat acted cartoon characters ever.

HulkIsHulk
Gargoyles was awesome

riv6672
Albert Brooks has voiced three characters (prob. more I need to check) I like very much.

Marlin
the neurotic heroic dad in FINDING NEMO.

Tiberius
the Hawk trying to be a good bird in SECRET LIFE OF PETS.

Hank Scorpio
the evil villain yet really good corporate boss on THE SIMPSONS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.