Raiden (Metal Gear Rising) vs Ryu (Street Fighter III)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

RadZoa
I mean Ryu is like super weak and not very smart

KingD19
Even in Rising Raiden with no arms held back the entirety of Outer Heaven and was casually swinging around multiple Gecko's with just his feet.

cdtm
Originally posted by KingD19
Even in Rising Raiden with no arms held back the entirety of Outer Heaven and was casually swinging around multiple Gecko's with just his feet.

Wasn't it one arm?

How would he even push it back without any arms?

KingD19
My bad. It was just his left arm. But just leaning probably would have sufficed. He would have gotten crushed sooner but I still think he could've done it. Regardless, he held back a city sized fortress/weapon/nuke while critically injured and was breakdancing with truck cows in MGS4. In Rising he's even more ridiculous. And honestly he should move too fast for Ryu to react to.

cdtm
My bad. It was just his left arm. But just leaning probably would have sufficed. He would have gotten crushed sooner but I still think he could've done it. Regardless, he held back a city sized fortress/weapon/nuke while critically injured and was breakdancing with truck cows in MGS4. In Rising he's even more ridiculous. And honestly he should move too fast for Ryu to react to.

Remind me, did he survive the end of MGS4?

I know Rising is considered a separate canon, but just want to know if it was impossible because he didn't make it, or if they rebuilt him.

KingD19
Originally posted by cdtm
Remind me, did he survive the end of MGS4?

I know Rising is considered a separate canon, but just want to know if it was impossible because he didn't make it, or if they rebuilt him.

Yes, and that's what made me think of him with no arms. He dislocated his shoulder, then cut his right arm off before he stopped Outer Heaven. Then after he got run over, he came back with no arms, and was holding his sword in his mouth...and apparently had electrical powers now. And he almost died, but Snake uploaded the virus just in time to deactivate all the soldiers right before Raiden got overwhelmed.

And while Rising is different, it directly follows after Patriots. Raiden got repaired and given a new body after MGS4, but because he still looked so freaky as a cyborg, he got alienated from society which is what led him to join Maverick, the PMC he works for in Rising.

cdtm
Yes, and that's what made me think of him with no arms. He dislocated his shoulder, then cut his right arm off before he stopped Outer Heaven. Then after he got run over, he came back with no arms, and was holding his sword in his mouth...and apparently had electrical powers now. And he almost died, but Snake uploaded the virus just in time to deactivate all the soldiers right before Raiden got overwhelmed.

And while Rising is different, it directly follows after Patriots. Raiden got repaired and given a new body after MGS4, but because he still looked so freaky as a cyborg, he got alienated from society which is what led him to join Maverick, the PMC he works for in Rising.

And one of the best games in the series for my money, which is ironic given Raiden was the franchises most hated character for awhile.

The characters make it, especially crazy Armstrong.

Not so sure where he ranks on the villians scale of the Metal Gear universe though. Simply being a badass isn't really enough to steer the world, as Solidus had all the makings of a good villian and ended up really being just another pawn in the larger game. Same as almost all the villians, with Ocelot pretending to be their flunkie and really working for the power behind the thrones.

KingD19
Armstrong is hilarious. He's like perfect 80s-90s cheese villain, but actually has a decent goal even if he is basically evil.

cdtm
His idea was basically to cut out The Patriots grip on a perpetual war economy, by turning the world into Mad Max.

Which would actually work, in the same way the sun would end the war on terror by frying the earth to a crisp.

KingD19
NANOMACHINES, SON!!!

Jmanghan
Raiden is much better then him in every way.

Dante158
Is this a joke? Raiden stomps him pretty bad

cdtm
Ryu gets hyped pretty hard, as an "island. buster" or something.

And then there's Ashura's Wrath.

Dante158
Ryu gets hyped pretty hard, as an "island. buster" or something.

And then there's Ashura's Wrath.
But we are using SF3 Ryu Rite?

cdtm
Well, end of series.

Whenever he was strongest in canon, or other sources if this is really that bad a match up.

Dante158
Well, end of series.

Whenever he was strongest in canon, or other sources if this is really that bad a match up.
Well in that case, i'll say could go either way but either Ryu takes it like 5-6/10 or Raiden 6-7/10. But if people says that Ryu is an Island buster, he'll take it as 6-7/10

Jmanghan
This is still the dumbest thing, Oni Akuma and Power of Nothingness Ryu could team up to fight Raiden and they'd still get destroyed.

Raiden is above "island-buster" level. All those crazy-ass feats he performs in "Rising" were things that he performed casually, him throwing that Metal Gear for example is the equivalent of you curling with a 4.5kg dumbbell.

dvampire
Armstrong was strong, but come on, someone like Seth would kill him to me. Don't know the timeliness between 3 and 5, but it's hard to imagine the metal Raiden is made out of would hold against one of ryu's punches, considering Abigail and necalli. How well does Raiden do against fireballs? I know Ryu fought a guy that have half his body made of fire, and I don't believe for a sec that it's temperatures melting less than gold or silver. Didn't Q travel from cities destroying them? I think he did everything on foot but I could be wrong. Ryu never fought Q I don't think, but what ever metal he's made out of I think it's superior to Raiden.

Speed wise, there's plenty of speedster in the street fighter verse, all who haven't demonstrated that they're fast enough to biltz Ryu, but Ryu can keep up. I think Ryu would shatter Raiden to pieces to be honest, I just wish they actually showed feats of Ryu, instead of giving us little stories about what he's capable of through street fighter data. I only played mgs up to the third game and kind of stop playing it mid through. I think I was close to the end but I'm not too sure. I did fight that bee's boss and thought it was fun and played the part in the game where they were holding the president or somebody hostage and you had to scan there vitals or something like that.

So I pick Ryu. He just seem more powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.