Has Dragon Ball Super surpassed comics in vs debates

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
with this infamous feat from Battle of gods, has it changed the way z characters are treated, and are they in a completely different tier from say peeps like Thanos, Supes, Justice League, Darkseid, etc the top tiers from Marvel and DC

would certain hax still be effective against the gods, goku, angels, top tiers from super

Also what tier would you put them at if they were in DC or Marvel

https://i.postimg.cc/TL6NbzFc/image.jpg

JBL
They would completely destroy Marvel and DC heros. That much we know.

carver9
They've always been above the people you've named here. Cell Kameha started off against Gohan at solar system busting level and became far more powerful after that. Goku even during his teen yrs would laugh at the way the people above fight.

NemeBro
Yeah Super heroes are more powerful than most mainstream comic heroes standards levels.

Some amped versions like Cosmic Armour Superman or Thanos with basically any cosmic artifact he's used would stomp DBS into the dirt, and the cosmics in DBS are laughably inferior to cosmics in comics, but the actual heroes are much more powerful.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/6tLnk6Q/dbz01.png

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud laughing out loud

MrMind
even someone like android 17 has evolved from high heralds level in dbz into low end skyfather lvl in dbs, and goku in ultra instinct form or lssj broly would be well beyond skyfather tiers

Dragon Ball has surpassed dc/marvel heralds after the cell saga. in dc/marvel it would be extremely rare for a herald level capable of bust a solar system like perfect cell, you need trans level beings to do that

Originally posted by NemeBro
Yeah Super heroes are more powerful than most mainstream comic heroes standards levels.

Some amped versions like Cosmic Armour Superman or Thanos with basically any cosmic artifact he's used would stomp DBS into the dirt, and the cosmics in DBS are laughably inferior to cosmics in comics, but the actual heroes are much more powerful.

basically this

StiltmanFTW
https://i.redd.it/fuzu7m93z1w41.jpg

playa1258
Yet fanboys will still argue UI Goku would get scraped by SS.

Nemebro pretty much hit it right on the head.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by MrMind
even someone like android 17 has evolved from high heralds level in dbz into low end skyfather lvl in dbs, and goku in ultra instinct form or lssj broly would be well beyond skyfather tiers

Dragon Ball has surpassed dc/marvel heralds after the cell saga. in dc/marvel it would be extremely rare for a herald level capable of bust a solar system like perfect cell, you need trans level beings to do that

basically this

17's a beast, his recent showings impressed me

Smurph

AlbertoJohnAvil
Everybody in super is literally a high tier+ sooooo don't know

carver9
Jiren only using a fraction of his power shook the entire world of the void. The world of void is INFINITE space and again, he didnt even use a piece of his power...

jxOPEJ5JzkU

Goku did the same thing. Goku was near depleted of power and tanked a black hole being thrown on top of him and was smiling. He was being punched by a being who's punches was warping reality (Goku was weakened) and withstood those hits as if it was nothing. This doesn't even count him moving through time stop or punches being able to shatter universes. Specter dies.

MrMind
wait how did spectre enter the conversation?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Cosmics was brought up in the thread

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by JBL
They would completely destroy Marvel and DC heros. That much we know.

See we agree once in a while

AlbertoJohnAvil
Also, no that's ridiculous. Nobody in Super is beating Spectre lol what laughing out loud laughing out loud

SquallX

StyleTime
I don't keep up with DBS, but it sounds like they surpassed the popular heralds and such, not comics as a medium. You'd just have to match them against higher power level comic characters.

Just like when any other character gets upgraded.

MrMind
the difference between anime and comics, is anime characters power level progress over time through training and beating foes

comic characters power more or less stay the same, unless they get either depowered or amped

oh btw carver, Spectre has feats to suggest he can destroy the entire db multiverse

cdtm
Originally posted by NemeBro

Not really. They have precious few solid feats, and fanboys make a lot of unverifiable assumptions in their power scaling.

cdtm
Originally posted by StyleTime
I don't keep up with DBS, but it sounds like they surpassed the popular heralds and such, not comics as a medium. You'd just have to match them against higher power level comic characters.

No, they haven't surpassed heralds. Nothing they've done is beyond Silver Surfer, or a New God like Lightray.

cdtm

BrolyBlack

Proper_

Proper_

Proper_
Originally posted by carver9
Jiren only using a fraction of his power shook the entire world of the void. The world of void is INFINITE space and again, he didnt even use a piece of his power...

jxOPEJ5JzkU

Goku did the same thing. Goku was near depleted of power and tanked a black hole being thrown on top of him and was smiling. He was being punched by a being who's punches was warping reality (Goku was weakened) and withstood those hits as if it was nothing. This doesn't even count him moving through time stop or punches being able to shatter universes. Specter dies.

1.The only feat on that level (Except Zeno).
2.Requires the clash of two characters.
3.The feat isn't instant,its a chain reaction.
4.It didn't even happen on screen which just puts more doubts.

Hit's time dimension isn't even Planet Sized,let alone Universe.ROSAT is only Planet Level in size.The World of Void isn't infinite,it was a mistranslation (It is Eternal),and even if we assume the world of void is infinite shaking it isn't a Universal feat,since its empty and the only matter in there is the arena.

DarkSaint85
Question for a lot of you.

Who here speaks/reads Japanese fluently?

StyleTime
I created Japan. What do you need?

DarkSaint85
Well I'm just wondering - I mean, we have debates and arguments for days/weeks on here on ENGLISH comics, whether the writer meant X when he wrote Y, that kinda thing.

And for anime/manga, we kinda have to (if we don't read/speak Japanese) rely on what someone else translated for us. And then rely on that for feats.

What if the translation is wrong?

MrMind
that happens quite often actually, one time dbz manga translated buu destroyed a galaxy, when the original text was saying buu destroyed planets one by one for a long time

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by StyleTime

Zeno could erase every female being in the universe without lifting a finger stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by MrMind
that happens quite often actually, one time dbz manga translated buu destroyed a galaxy, when the original text was saying buu destroyed planets one by one for a long time

Exactly.

Imagine none of us knew English....and had to rely on say, Abhi for his translations of Surfer, Thor and Superman comics.

As I pointed out, we have endless debates on whether a writer meant multiverse or universe or omniverse or whatever...we have people misreading English, mixing 'neutral' up with 'natural', and misreading scans, either intentionally or not.

And now we're meant to just accept what some kid with HS level Japanese, who may or may not have an agenda's translations? Uhuh.

StiltmanFTW
Galan is frequenting enough message boards to always inform us on the accurate Dragon Ball translations --- don't you worry about that little detail.

Adam Grimes
Galan-chan is my favourite Asian. I trust him.

StiltmanFTW
Galan-chan is our forum waifu love

Badabing
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
with this infamous feat from Battle of gods, has it changed the way z characters are treated, and are they in a completely different tier from say peeps like Thanos, Supes, Justice League, Darkseid, etc the top tiers from Marvel and DC

would certain hax still be effective against the gods, goku, angels, top tiers from super

Also what tier would you put them at if they were in DC or Marvel

https://i.postimg.cc/TL6NbzFc/image.jpg Read the rules before making off topic question threads. You have a history of this nonsense. Next time it will be a long temp ban.

Galan007
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Galan-chan is my favourite Asian. I trust him. Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Galan-chan is our forum waifu love https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OptimalUniqueBluewhale-max-1mb.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.