Worthy Captain America vs Loki w. Gungnir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
- Worthy Captain America from Endgame with Mjolnir and shield.
- Loki armed with his standard gear/powers, as well as Gungnir.
- Opponents start 20 feet apart.
- Fight takes place in the ruins of the Avengers HQ.
- PIS/CIS off.
- Victory via KO/death.

Who wins?

Nibedicus

TheVaultDweller
That's why I included the no PIS/CIS. stick out tongue

Because there are a couple of MCU characters who are constantly hampered by PIS/CIS in their fights, because their full powerset would allow them to relatively easily get through situations that the plot requires them to struggle with. Loki is one of them IMO.

TheVaultDweller
One thing to consider though. Cap does know Loki can use illusions. He even assumed his older self was Loki in disguise in Endgame. So, he'll probably be on alert for anything that seems off, because the PIS/CIS off goes both ways. Not saying it's a decider either way. Just more food for thought.

Adam Grimes
You made it into a game of who can one-shot who first.

The question becomes then, can Mjolnir one-shot Loki? Whilst being wielded by Cap? Does Cap even have a faster reaction than Loki?

TheVaultDweller
I don't think either necessarily need to oneshot the other. But if one can land a hit or hit combo that stuns the other one, it could open the opportunity for a decisive blow. I didn't want to give Loki the Mind Stone staff though, because all he'd actually need to do then was lightly poke Cap with it to win, as we see Avengers 1 Steve get incapacitated by it in Endgame.

Adam Grimes
The thing is, Loki can definitely one-shot Cap unless you believe Mjolnir gives him Thor's physicality. But that's a sketchy subject lol.

TheVaultDweller
My opinion on that is a bit different from most people, based on what I have seen during discussions, who seem to think it's strictly one or the other. Because I think the Asgardian royals' power are a combination of physical and mystical, which is why Hela was able to physically match and even better Thor despite their respective physical builds (due to being older and drawing on more of their exotic power to compensate for Thor's raw physicals), and why Cap appeared to be physically better than normal after picking up the hammer but still not quite on Thor's level. Because one would be base Super Soldier + Power of Thor while the other is base Asgardian + Power of Thor. It also goes some way to explain any perceived inconsistencies and is also in line with some of the comments we get from characters such as Odin and the like.

BrolyBlack
Cap has direct one on one showings with Thanos putting him on his ass.

Loki has Thanos snuffing the life out of him

By default Cap wins.

By screen feats cap slaughters

K-Dog
Originally posted by BrolyBlack

By default Cap wins.

Remember first Avengers movie, when the Avengers captures Loki, Cap A was fighting Loki before Iron Man and a quintet showed up, and Loki was clearly beating him.

K-Dog
Originally posted by BrolyBlack

By default Cap wins.

Remember the first Avengers movie, when the Avengers capture Loki, Cap A was fighting Loki before Iron Man and a quintet showed up, and Loki was clearly beating him.

BrolyBlack
Yea and?

HulkIsHulk
K-Dog vs Brolyblack - battle of biases

HulkIsHulk
And coming to the battle, one should remember that Gungnir doubles as a stabbing and slashing weapon in addition to energy blasts capable of disintegrating Frost Giants. Mjolnir is, despite lightning powers and all, is a blunt weapon

h1a8
Good fight. Cap might win this.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Mjolnir is, despite lightning powers and all, is a blunt weapon

It also doubles as the world's greatest paperweight. Though Loki probably won't fall for that one twice.

BrolyBlack

K-Dog

BrolyBlack
Obviously, but arguments have been made here in a thread called

Worthy Cap vs Thor w/hammer

and Cap won.

Eon Blue

BrolyBlack
K-Dog has an awful crush on Loki the loser

K-Dog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.