How much power did the Jedi lose?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Stark
In Attack of the Clones Mace Windu notes that the Jedi's ability to use the force has already begun to diminish, logically this also means the Sith's power to use the force has increased. The Junior Novelization even notes in Yoda's duel with Sidious "With the strength of the dark side growing, the Sith must, logically, have grown stronger, too."

How does this impact battle? Would Sidious, for example, be able to defeat Jedi like Mace Windu and Yoda in the High Republic era when the Dark Side did not cloud the Jedi's vision? Did force tilting events like Order 66 heighten Sidious' and Vader's powers?

Galan007
Even back in the Mortis arc it was stated that the balance was tipping towards the dark -- that's why the Son's power started growing beyond the Father's control.

And in S07, Maul states that the dark side has never been stronger.

Personally, I think tilting the balance heavily toward the dark side just helped secure Palpatine's victory by clouding the Jedi's vision, which helped ensure that they couldn't win. I don't know that it actually amped the Sith, and/or weakened the Jedi... In canon, at least.

I mean, it certainly could have. I just can't recall it being stated. /shrug

Darth Thor
Im sure this has been explained as hindering the Jedi foresight but not necessarily their ability in direct battle.

Also in canon, places steeped in the dark side tend to be just places with a strong dark side presence. And not some place to amplify darksiders powers. Case in point in Dark Disciple Dookus ship was said to be steeped in the dark side. That doesnt mean Dooku was massively amped and still unable to beat Skywalker.

Inedian
It didn't affect Siths or Jedis as far as power goes. It just means the time was for Dark Side of the force to rule and it helped siths to take over the rule. If Palpatine was more powerful than Yoda, he is also more powerful than him in Jedi time. It was just destiny, time for Dark Side to rule.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Galan007
Even back in the Mortis arc it was stated that the balance was tipping towards the dark -- that's why the Son's power started growing beyond the Father's control.

And in S07, Maul states that the dark side has never been stronger.

Personally, I think tilting the balance heavily toward the dark side just helped secure Palpatine's victory by clouding the Jedi's vision, which helped ensure that they couldn't win. I don't know that it actually amped the Sith, and/or weakened the Jedi... In canon, at least.

I mean, it certainly could have. I just can't recall it being stated. /shrug

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Im sure this has been explained as hindering the Jedi foresight but not necessarily their ability in direct battle.

Also in canon, places steeped in the dark side tend to be just places with a strong dark side presence. And not some place to amplify darksiders powers. Case in point in Dark Disciple Dookus ship was said to be steeped in the dark side. That doesnt mean Dooku was massively amped and still unable to beat Skywalker.

Honestly, this thought came from rereading the Junior Novelization:

"Strong, this Sith Lord is, Yoda thought as their lightsabers whirled and clashed and whirled again. It should not have been a surprise. With the strength of the dark side growing, the Sith must, logically, have grown stronger, too."

Logically it wouldn't make sense that it'd only disrupt one element of their force powers and not others.

Darth Thor
^ Interesting. But I think (at least in canon), that the Dark Side is growing stronger Because the Sith have been growing in power and not the other way around.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.