When Exactly did Sifo Dyas Die?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
Did Sifo Dyas die before or after the battle of Naboo? I can't really find when he died exactly but on Wookiepedia it says around the time of the battle of Naboo.

Darth Thor
Before battle of Naboo. But around that time. Dooku paid the Pykes to shoot down his ship.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Before battle of Naboo. But around that time. Dooku paid the Pykes to shoot down his ship. This is kind of confusing then because we already knew Dooku was working with Sidious for a while but if Sifo dies before the Battle of Naboo that would mean that Sidious had two apprentices at the same time Tyranus and Maul.

Is that correct?

Darth Thor
Yes.

He was breaking the Rule of Two.

Galan007
AotC is set 10 years after TPM, and in AotC Kenobi states that Sifo-Dyas was killed "almost 10 years ago." So he was killed very shortly after the events of TPM.

And yes, Palpatine was dual-wielding Maul and Dooku as his apprentices during TPM.

juggernaut74
On Wookiepedia it suggests that Chancellor Valorum sent Sifo Dyas on his mission where he was gunned down by the Pykes. Now it's been a few years since I watched the Phantom Menace but when did Palpatine take over for Valorum? If it was before the battle that would mean Sifo dies before the battle would it not?

Galan007
Yeah, that's true.

During TCW, Valorum did state that he sent Sifo on that mission when he was still Chancellor. Either way, he was killed around the time of TPM.

Lord Stark
Interesting. So in theory, if elements of the Plagueis novel get canonized and he does die in TPM there were 4 active Sith at once?

Darth Thor
What I found interesting is Darth Maul didnt know about Order 66. Only that Sidious had some big plan set up to exterminate all the Jedi.

So Dooku was more in on Sidious plans than Maul at a time when they were both Sidious apprentices.

Total Warrior
Thought Tyranus joined Sid after EP1.. so when did Dooku join the Sith?

Galan007
There was undoubtedly an overlap during TPM, wherein Maul and Dooku were Palpatine's apprentices at the same time.

Filoni himself confirmed it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGBdRW7jjUk&t=0m50s

But that really just cements the obvious.

Per TCW S06: Sifo-Dyas' murder was set in motion during the the reign of Chancellor Valorum...By Dooku...Under his Sith name of Tyranus...At the orders of his master, Sidious. Goes without saying that Maul was also Palpatine's apprentice at this time.

juggernaut74
I knew Dooku was working with Sidious while Maul was his apprentice but I didn't realize he was a Sith.

That was the premise of the basically.

Sheev
Love how Sidious breaks the ROT when it suits him lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.