"Enter The Matrix" and "Animatrix"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tomkat
I keep seeing references to these as sources of information regarding the development of The Matrix movie's storyline.

Does anyone really believe that these are reliable sources of "priveleged" information?

I don't think WB would risk losing money by revealing potential plot-spoilers for a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR movie by putting them in such media.

Remember the "Resident Evil" games and the movie?

"Enter The Matrix" and "Animatrix" should be treated as entities totally separate from The Matrix movies.

Sifer
Yes, they are a source of valuable information. Very valuable indeed. I am also guessing in ways we haven't comprehended yet also. I keep watching back to the first film and something new that I would never have noticed unless I had seen the 2nd film pops up. A crazy story these 2 guys have made, very intertwined and complicated.

EDIT: You also play the characters in the game at the same period of time as the second film and just after Last Flight of the Osiris in the Animatrix. It also goes a bit further than the first film, but not by much.

Ushgarak
No, totally wrong, Tomkat, sorry. The Brothers deliberately designed both as fully canonical parts of the plot (actively writing and directing the game at the same time as the film and intertwining it into the film's plot) and actually stated that you will not get the full plot without seeing them.

This is not like Star Wars EU; this stuff is absolutely canon.

The game is an exciting experiment in full-scale movie/game plot crossover and is to be applauded for that. After all, what the game does is show you waht Niobe and Ghost were doing when Neo and co from the films were doing THEIR stuff- it's all the same story. The plot reveals from the game are part of the reward for playing it.

There has never been a canonical game like this before but this has, with any luck, started a new trend. And we have to absolutely accept what it says becaue it is the Brother's own words on their plot.

Kes
Yeh but not everybody is going to play game! I mean they could reveal stuff in the game but later on the movie as to make sense to none-game players so it will not mean that much! Like in Reloade they mention the Osiris, it still makes sense without seeing the animatrix though it's cooler if you have seen it cause you have that inside info that ,really, in the end doesn't make a difference, it's just cool! smile

Sifer
Yeah, it doesn't make a difference now...that is the point. You wont fully understand Reloaded until you have played the game. Obviously, when Revolutions comes along, I am guessing the points will be laid out clearly. But still, you wont see what happened in the game, you will just know what was discussed in a sense.

Tomkat
I agree with Kes,

It's not a very smart business decision to risk alienating a large portion of the movie-goers who haven't played the game. Everything must be revealed in the movie, or it's going to piss alot of people off. The game must follow the movie, not the other way around. To say that the story in the movie is going to happen a certain way because it happened in the game doesn't make sense. I can understand revealing "extra" or "bonus" information in the game and animated series, but not "vital" information.

Ushgarak
Well, if you do not like it, then fair enough, but this is the way it is and it cannot be disputed.

Sifer
Indeed.

Tomkat
That's great, but that information is "bonus" information, not "vital" information, otherwise it should have been IN THE MOVIE!

Ushgarak
Well, sorry, but they reveal a fair bit of vital stuff in there.

Though I would imagine that it is nothing that you will not learn from Revolutions anyway, from a differert angle.

Kes
exacyly which in the end makes it a bonus not vital lol We are very stubourn (sp) people!big grin

Sifer
It still may be vital. We may not learn some of it in Revolutions, then again we may! smile

Kes
If it is part of the story we will. I mean the movie as to make sence. I agree with Ush when he says we will learn it from a different angle.

Tomkat
I agree.

I wouldn't mind finding out vital information from another angle, as long as it's IN THE MOVIE. I don't want to be FORCED to play the game in order to understand everything, that wouldn't be right or fair. As long as everything is explained in the movie, then I'm fine with that.

cookies2006
I agree with kes on this one.

Sifer
I also said the same thing as Ush earlier in the post. I was just pointing out the fact that it still may indeed be vital to fully understanding everything. I know the Animatrix is vital if you want to know the history of the Matrix, about the Kid and in one case what happens (in a way) after the third film smile

Stovenutts
Hey tomkat nbodys forcing you to play the game or watch the movie, so if u arent happy with the way the movie and game are related than u can write ur own movie trilogy and when u make the game u can make it totaly seperate from the movie

Tomkat
That's cool, as long as there is enough information in the movies, so they make sense by themselves without having to play the game or watch Animatrix, that's all

Kes
Well in the movie they only say that he saved himself. The animatrix shows you how he did that and that it is a 1st time that happens! But that doesn't mean in the 3 movie they wont reveal how he got out. wink

One thing I dont understand about the kid's story is why did they have a funeral? Shouldn't his digital self disaper from the matrix when they are unplugged? confused

Tomkat
Kes,

If you remember from the 1st movie, when someone gets unplugged, their Matrix version just "falls over dead." Therefore, there would be a "body" there. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a very realistic world if people just "vanished."

Kes
yeh but he didn't die. He is very much alive. When they die in the matrix they die in the real world but when they are unplugged,like the phone thing, they just disaper.(sp)

Ushgarak
That's the point, Kes, he DID die in the Matrix world, but actually awoke instead of dying in the real world. That was kind of the miracle.

Kes
oh ok. thats the big word Trinity says...trans...something!cant remember.

Sifer
Self Substantiation?

Kes
They say that but i think they also say..oh what the hell. it was probably that! I heard the animatrix with old head-phones (sp)! only the left one works!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.