Darth Vader vs Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eon Blue
Vader as per movie canon vs composite Sephiroth from the games and movie.

Well?

KingD19
Advent Children. /thread

Or ya know, Final Fantasy 7.

Surtur
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Vader as per movie canon vs composite Sephiroth from the games and movie.

Well?

What made you think Vader had any chance here?

Robtard
Vader wins via Force-choke

Impediment
Sephiroth f*cking obliterates Vader.

Jmanghan
Are you okay?

Impediment
This isn't even worth making a joke over.

Sephiroth is tiers above Vader.

This is like Aunt May going up against Thanos.

Jmanghan
FF7 is overrated.

KingD19
Sephiroth also has telekinesis.

KingD19
Originally posted by Jmanghan
FF7 is overrated.

As a game maybe, but it and the remake and Advent Children put Sephiroth in a different league from Vader.

Impediment
FFVII is sooooooo overrated, yet it has multiple spin-off games, a feature length CGI film, and a full scale remake to appease a legion of adoring fans.

laughing out loud

Robtard
For the record, I based my views on two facts:

1) I really like Vader

2) I know almost nothing about Sephiroth

SquallX

Impediment
bjNMLmy9K6k

Impediment
Y0KA53cKNnI

If you ever watch Advent Children, do yourself a BIG favor and do Japanese with English subs. The English dub is one of the worst dubs I've ever listened to.

KingD19
Thats obvious. But yeah Sephiroth has some casual feats that basically shit on Vader's best.

Eon Blue
Sephiroth obliterates the torso of a man in a walking life support system.

KingD19
We all knew that. So why even make this thread?

Surtur
FF7 is overrated.

your face is overrated

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Robtard
For the record, I based my views on two facts:

1) I really like Vader

2) I know almost nothing about Sephiroth

To be fair, do you even play video games?

Eon Blue
Originally posted by KingD19
We all knew that. So why even make this thread?

To rub salt in the wounds.

ShadowFyre
Sephiroth obliterates

h1a8
Originally posted by Impediment
This isn't even worth making a joke over.

Sephiroth is tiers above Vader.

This is like Aunt May going up against Thanos. Aunt May would stomp Thanos. Spite.

Emmy Evangeline
Sephiroth would destroy Vader

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Emmy Evangeline
Sephiroth would destroy Vader

thumb up

Jmanghan
Originally posted by h1a8
Aunt May would stomp Thanos. Spite. She'd use her MILF skills to seduce him then strike.

SquallX
She'd use her MILF skills to seduce him then strike.

Sephiroth indeed has a mommy issue.

Kazenji
Lol...what

that wasn't a cash grab, clown.

Eon Blue

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by SquallX
Sephiroth indeed has a mommy issue.

🤣🤣🤣Yeah..it gets a little weird with those two. So it looks like I'm going to give out and buy a PS4 just to play this ****ing remake.

Eon Blue

SquallX

SquallX

Surtur
Sticking Final Fantasy characters into Kingdom Hearts was also probably a cash grab, but it turned out to be awesome. Sephiroth is harder to beat than the main boss.

Eon Blue

ShadowFyre
I understand both sides of the remake. And some of them are cash grabs. I just felt like it's been long enough for one for this. And the nostalgia has me in my feelers because I loved the original.

And I need a reason to get back into gaming. It's better than other destructive habits.

SquallX

Surtur
I was gonna ask why they released an incomplete game, but they made the dumb choice to release it in installments right?

Yes that does sound like a cash grab.

KingD19
And we don't know how many installments there will be. If its at least 3 like the original thats paying $200 for a single game over multiple discs.

Surtur
If there were going to be 3 total installments they should have been $20 each. And if they planned on 6 it should be $10 each.

Bet they justify it by adding a bunch of useless shit.

SquallX

Eon Blue

SquallX

KingD19
FFIV was absolutely huge and only required a single disc. It had multiple and varied areas, tons of cutscenes and side quests and optional bosses and is probably still the most technologically impressive FF game. So that excuse doesn't fly.

Silent Master
I love FF7, but that said. I'll just keep playing the original until all parts of the remake are out. no point in buying it until then.

Surtur

Eon Blue

KingD19

Eon Blue
Different format, different technology. The game pushes the PS4 limits to the max.

NemeBro
You all do know that the "remake" is a "remake" in the way that the Rebuild of Evangelion series is a remake, in the sense that it is actually a pseudo-sequel which diverges greatly from the original game, right?

Jmanghan
Okay so... When I said overrated I meant mainly the story, Crisis Core arguably had a much better narrative.

There are other games I prefer over it, one which came out the same era: Legend of Dragoon.

I can't speak on the gameplay because I've never played it but I know the story and all it's moments inside and out.

It has a good story but I'd hardly call it "great", and in a turn-based RPG more then half the game for me ARE the stories since turn-based combat has to do something exciting to get me interested.

Impediment
We're way off topic here, but I want to chime in and opine that this remake is amazing on every level, but not perfect.

The original PS1 game is three discs and with massive data that pushed the console to the max.

It's literally impossible to fit ALL of FF7 onto one Blu-ray disc.

I'm completely fine with multiple releases as long as the game is polished and well made.

I've been playing this game since I was 17 in 1997 and I'm still a die hard fan who isn't whining about a "cash grab".

Jmanghan
We're way off topic here, but I want to chime in and opine that this remake is amazing on every level, but not perfect.

The original PS1 game is three discs and with massive data that pushed the console to the max.

I'm completely fine with multiple releases as long as the game is polished and well made.

I've been playing this game since I was 17 in 1997 and I'm still a die hard fan who isn't whining about a "cash grab". Dude the entire thread being in this subforum is off topic. But yeah, I agree.

Kazenji
Except the the recent RE2 remake wasn't a cash grab, It was very good remake at that

RE 3 remake maybe yeah, That one had alot more stuff cut from it it was more of a re imagining then a remake.

Kazenji
Ugh...can't even edit my previous post, Thanks asshats that keep posting from their phones.

Eon Blue

I've been playing this game since I was 17 in 1997 and I'm still a die hard fan who isn't whining about a "cash grab".

thumb up

ShadowFyre

I'm gonna go and hope with this assessment

Surtur

Impediment
Originally posted by Kazenji
Except the the recent RE2 remake wasn't a cash grab, It was very good remake at that

RE 3 remake maybe yeah, That one had alot more stuff cut from it it was more of a re imagining then a remake.

RE2 was f*cking awesome.

RE3 was lazy and unpolished. I liked it, but it could have been so much better.

Emmy Evangeline
FF7 was great people say The Witcher 3 was better. The Witcher 3 is so boring

BrolyBlack
Lol Vadar dies immediately

Eon Blue

Eon Blue
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Lol Vadar dies immediately thumb up

SquallX

SquallX

Eon Blue

Emmy Evangeline
Geralt and Ciris story was great but I got half way thru and just stopped out of boredom. FF7 remake was more entertaining. Sephiroth is better than Darth Vader and Geralt

BrolyBlack

SquallX

SquallX

Eon Blue

BrolyBlack
Seph can literally move at light speed and teleport

Eon Blue

thumb up

Vader, aka the pathetic man child in an iron lung gets pulverized.

Impediment
Vaer is an icon and a bad ass, but Sephiroth is just too much for the Sith Lord.

meep-meep
Sidious vs Sephiroth would be more interesting. Vader would be crushed.

meep-meep
You must be joking

The relationship between Cloud and Aerith was second to none.

Also Seph was so bad, he was good.

Agreed on all points.

SquallX

SquallX

laughing

No one is FF is light speed genius. What next? Super Nova is a real Super Nova, and not just an illusion.

BrolyBlack
His Teleportation is light speed

BrolyBlack
Trust me, he moves at light speed if not faster

Jmanghan
laughing

No one is FF is light speed genius. What next? Super Nova is a real Super Nova, and not just an illusion. Yes... They are. FF characters casually move at lightspeed.

Early-game Zack Fair in Crisis Core (at least 6+ years before FF7, give-or-take) was able to move out of the way of an attack that decimated an entire area and was shot from a planet away, this is long before he ever reached his prime (where Sephiroth still proceeded to destroy him with no effort.)

SquallX
Again, no one in the FF verse is light speed. At best, they are double digits in reaction time.

If you guys actually believe this, pull the trigger, make a Sephiroth Vs Superman, or Flash, or Wonder Woman thread.

Hell, make it against any light speed characters, bring in your evidence and watch how you are laugh at.

Again, no one is light speed in that verse.

Eon Blue

SquallX

Jmanghan
Again, no one in the FF verse is light speed. At best, they are double digits in reaction time.

If you guys actually believe this, pull the trigger, make a Sephiroth Vs Superman, or Flash, or Wonder Woman thread.

Hell, make it against any light speed characters, bring in your evidence and watch how you are laugh at.

Again, no one is light speed in that verse. Dv14noxyqO0

Skip to 2:02.

SquallX
Dv14noxyqO0

Skip to 2:02.

laughing

You proved nothing. All you proved was how beautiful the cutscenes for the summons are.

Jmanghan
laughing

You proved nothing. All you proved was how beautiful the cutscenes for the summons are. You don't consider that lightspeed...?

Robtard
To be fair, do you even play video games?

Yes, but very few.

SquallX

Impediment
That's not light speed, but it's damn fast.

Jmanghan

Jmanghan
That's not light speed, but it's damn fast. Yeah I went back and watched it, and it's not lightspeed, but it's absolutely relative to it.

SquallX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.