Darth Sidious vs Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eon Blue

BrolyBlack
Death Sideous dies immediately

meep-meep
Sephiroth was approaching godhood if my memory serves. I've never read any of the eu star wars novels, so I can't comment on any feats from that. Based on what I know from ff 7 and Sidious from film, Sephiroth casually wins.

h1a8
I disagree. As awesome Sephiroth is he still will be Susceptible to TK and lightning.

Aid wins with ease.

meep-meep
I'm going off of memory from like 20 years ago, but I remember some of the final battles that involved asteroid strikes and things of that nature. Not planet or even country busting attacks, but still pretty destructive. I'll admit sidious can dish out the same but he can't weather the same.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Death Sideous dies immediately

h1a8
Originally posted by meep-meep
I'm going off of memory from like 20 years ago, but I remember some of the final battles that involved asteroid strikes and things of that nature. Not planet or even country busting attacks, but still pretty destructive. I'll admit sidious can dish out the same but he can't weather the same.

I don't recall any of that in the movie. Are you referring to the game?

Impediment
Sephiroth wins.

Anyone who says differently clearly has never played the game or seen the films.

BruceSkywalker
poor sheev

Eon Blue
Anything Sheev can do, Sephiroth can do tenfold.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Impediment
Sephiroth wins.

Anyone who says differently clearly has never played the game or seen the films.

Lol but force lightning...Sephiroth has a literal plethora of elemental based attacks and things of that nature, on top of being able to do them faster and a massive durability edge.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Lol but force lightning...Sephiroth has a literal plethora of elemental based attacks and things of that nature, on top of being able to do them faster and a massive durability edge.

That and by the end of his full evolution, he no longer required the assistance of Materia to perform magic, as he could cast it from his own power source.

ShadowFyre
Yeah. I wish there was a advent children like movie that showed how powerful the weapons are

h1a8
Originally posted by Impediment
Sephiroth wins.

The movie and game version were drastically different. In the movie, he literally had no esoteric powers. Just physically superhuman with a durable ass sword. TK would easily beat anyone who can't fly/teleport or move faster than the user can respond to.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by h1a8
The movie and game version were drastically different. In the movie, he literally had no esoteric powers. Just physically superhuman with a durable ass sword. TK would easily beat anyone who can't fly/teleport or move faster than the user can respond to.

This is composite Sephiroth with all abilities and artifacts, items, etc, in place.

Sephiroth is miles above Sheeeev.

h1a8
Originally posted by Eon Blue
This is composite Sephiroth with all abilities and artifacts, items, etc, in place.

Sephiroth is miles above Sheeeev.

This is a movie vs forum. We use characters and their feats from movies only.

BrolyBlack
What a dumbass^

Eon Blue

BrolyBlack
He has no clue how powerful and fast Seph is

Eon Blue
Sheev gets thrown a garbage chute again.

BrolyBlack
H1 jerks to sheeve

Emmy Evangeline
DV is powerful but honestly he was just the chosen one which doesn't necessarily mean omnipotent he was just said to bring balance to the force whilst Sephiroth is pure power

BrolyBlack
YP2DRw15fls

Vadar nor Sheev could stop any of these blows

h1a8
What a dumbass^
I suggest you stop trolling the thread. Movie feats only

Impediment
The movie version still shit stomps.

BruceSkywalker
looking at this thread tells me i need to watch the movie again and play the game

ShadowFyre
And they didn't even get busted down in rank for destroying some trillion dollars gun.

SquallX

SquallX

h1a8
YP2DRw15fls

Vadar nor Sheev could stop any of these blows

Either Vader or Sid can just hold Sephiroth in the air with TK and easily kill him. This thread is spite. The only beings that can beat a force user is something with TK, flight, teleportation, or speed beyond what the force user can respond to.

SquallX

BrolyBlack

Silent Master
Either Vader or Sid can just hold Sephiroth in the air with TK and easily kill him. This thread is spite. The only beings that can beat a force user is something with TK, flight, teleportation, or speed beyond what the force user can respond to.

Why do you insist on commenting in threads that involve characters you know nothing about?

BrolyBlack

ShadowFyre
Yeah, your right, it was training. Him and Cloud pretty much replicated the feat in the movie.

So what if he holds him with TK H1? Have you watched any of the videos presented?

A simple sword swipe ends this even if he is being held by tk.

BrolyBlack

Jmanghan
Either Vader or Sid can just hold Sephiroth in the air with TK and easily kill him. This thread is spite. The only beings that can beat a force user is something with TK, flight, teleportation, or speed beyond what the force user can respond to. That's a massive NLF dude.

Eon Blue
H1 is a known troll. pay him no mind. The guy went so far to say that Aunt May would defeat Thanos.

Sephiroth obliterates the geriatric.

BrolyBlack
Seph's sword attacks had so much power they leveled buildings, literally cut them into.

SquallX

BrolyBlack

ares834

AC Sephiroth can fly.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
looking at this thread tells me i need to watch the movie again and play the game

Movie sucks. Don't bother rewatching it. The OG game is still good though.

Eon Blue

ShadowFyre
Xenogears was ****ing aaaaaaaamazing. Can't say I liked the sequels, but I absolutely adore the combat system, the mythos, the characters.

That, FF7 and a couple of the Suikodens are really good as well.

Yeah, Xenogears was a boss of a game with great replay value.

Not sure why Grafh was weak, considering he went toe to toe with Xenos even when he wasn't in one.

Now I have to find a ps1

-Pr-
Sephiroth wins. Obviously. JFC.

SquallX
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Xenogears was ****ing aaaaaaaamazing. Can't say I liked the sequels, but I absolutely adore the combat system, the mythos, the characters.

That, FF7 and a couple of the Suikodens are really good as well.

Yeah, Xenogears was a boss of a game with great replay value.

Not sure why Grafh was weak, considering he went toe to toe with Xenos even when he wasn't in one.

Now I have to find a ps1

Grahf was such a badass, he took on 3 gears in hand to hand combat, and was winning. All the while, his gears was hovering with its arm cross and watching the fight.

What make that scene so bad ass, was the fact that Alpha Weltall was an Omnigears. That means Grahf while fighting, was controlling his gear telepathically..

ShadowFyre
Hmmm Grafh vs. Sephiroth would be cool.

I tried playing the sequels but just couldn't get into them.

SquallX

BrolyBlack

SquallX

Never argue that Sephiroth would lose to Sidious. On the last thread I argued that Sephiroth is not light speed, and if anyone where to make a thread against Superman, no one would take it seriously.

Well not anyone, pretty sure Carver claimed Sephiroth could beat Superman.

Silent Master
DCEU Superman isn't lightspeed either

BrolyBlack

h1a8
Originally posted by ares834
AC Sephiroth can fly.

Except he can't in the movie.

h1a8
Originally posted by -Pr-
Sephiroth wins. Obviously. JFC.

Sephiroth has no defense against TK. Sidious could just hold him in the air helpless.

BrolyBlack

Hes he can you idiot

Eon Blue

-Pr-
Sephiroth has no defense against TK. Sidious could just hold him in the air helpless.

If your basing your entire argument on some pod throwing in ROTS, that's a flimsy argument.

ares834

We literally see him fly.

SquallX
Originally posted by Silent Master
DCEU Superman isn't lightspeed either

They were talking about comic Superman.

SquallX

BrolyBlack

laughing out loud

Facts are hard for h1

xXI_wing_IXx
Sidious does have force sense and precognition that enable him to see into the near future and hence seeing any possible attacks so Sephiroth's teleporting quick attack would become less effective or not work at all.

Eon Blue

h1a8

Except we don't. He's either jumping or falling. And I'm referring to the movie, not game.

Emmy Evangeline
Originally posted by xXI_wing_IXx
Sidious does have force sense and precognition that enable him to see into the near future and hence seeing any possible attacks so Sephiroth's teleporting quick attack would become less effective or not work at all.

That's an opinion only a fool would say

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Emmy Evangeline
That's an opinion only a fool would say

thumb up

xXI_wing_IXx
Plot. All force users have that ability.

Eon Blue

Which ability? Speak, naive.

h1a8
If your basing your entire argument on some pod throwing in ROTS, that's a flimsy argument.

Well Sephiroth weighs less than a pod and we seen Sidious hold Rey (a force user) in the air against her will helpless. Sephiroth can not fly or teleport or do anything to fight being held up in the air.

Eon Blue

xXI_wing_IXx
I'm not saying Sidious would win. I'm just adding that fact. I still don't know what Sephiroth and Sidous's powers are fully capable of.

Emmy Evangeline

How are you even comparing Sidious to Sephiroth and saying Sheev would win?

Eon Blue

Silent Master
I see that h1 is doing his normal ignorant troll routine.

Eon Blue

As per his normal and pathetic routine.

xXI_wing_IXx
Okay, Sephiroth is pretty god-like in power and speed. He would win majority lol

Eon Blue

xXI_wing_IXx
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Which ability? Speak, naive.

Force sense and precognition

Eon Blue

Emmy Evangeline

His specialty for sure

Surtur
Sephiroth doesn't need to fly here. He cuts Sidious in two before he knows what happened.

KingD19
Wait, did h1 say that Sephiroth can't teleport while being held in a Force Grip? What logic dictates that you can't shift from this dimension to another to instantly move from point a to point b? That's like saying if someone was physically strong enough to hold Sephiroth in place, he wouldn't be able to teleport because they were squeezing him.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by KingD19
Wait, did h1 say that Sephiroth can't teleport while being held in a Force Grip? What logic dictates that you can't shift from this dimension to another to instantly move from point a to point b? That's like saying if someone was physically strong enough to hold Sephiroth in place, he wouldn't be able to teleport because they were squeezing him.

laughing out loudthumb up

Surtur
A force grip wouldn't prevent materia usage anyways.

KingD19
Originally posted by Surtur
A force grip wouldn't prevent materia usage anyways.

That's true, but what I mean is anyone who can teleport from any medium wouldn't be stopped by a Force Grip. It's just telekinesis, which is psionic energy acting on matter like it's physical. It's essentially invisible limbs grabbing you. So why would a physical force be able to stop someone from defying physics and teleporting from one location to the next through another plane of existence?

Well h1 implied it so I guess it's dumb to try to answer a dumb response.

Also just watched the fight scene between Sephiroth and Cloud again in Advent Children. Sephiroth definitely is flying, and at one point defies gravity and just stands on the side of a tower while Cloud needs to jam his sword in the wall and stand on it, even though he himself is making some crazy leaps and keeping up with Seph's speed.

ares834
Except we don't. He's either jumping or falling. And I'm referring to the movie, not game.

https://youtu.be/Y0KA53cKNnI?t=383

mmm

Never seen someone fall like that before.

FYI, there are two different versions of the film. This is from the "Complete" version rather than the original.

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=5554734

h1a8
That's true, but what I mean is anyone who can teleport from any medium wouldn't be stopped by a Force Grip. It's just telekinesis, which is psionic energy acting on matter like it's physical. It's essentially invisible limbs grabbing you. So why would a physical force be able to stop someone from defying physics and teleporting from one location to the next through another plane of existence?

Well h1 implied it so I guess it's dumb to try to answer a dumb response.

Also just watched the fight scene between Sephiroth and Cloud again in Advent Children. Sephiroth definitely is flying, and at one point defies gravity and just stands on the side of a tower while Cloud needs to jam his sword in the wall and stand on it, even though he himself is making some crazy leaps and keeping up with Seph's speed.

https://youtu.be/Y0KA53cKNnI?t=383

mmm

Never seen someone fall like that before.

FYI, there are two different versions of the film. This is from the "Complete" version rather than the original.

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=5554734

That's not the Sephiroth I'm talking about. Before his death.
That thing was something different (not Sephiroth at all). It had a single wing to fly. At best (if you want to use that version) then you have to answer the following question: Can that version fly with a force stronger than Sid's TK?

h1a8
For those who think I'm trolling.
Why would Sephiroth win?
He would attack faster than Sid can respond?
What about Sid's precog or his ability to block laser blasts?

What about Sid's ability to hold Sephiroth in the air?
Some are using a version of Sephiroth (after his death) to prove that he could fly. If that's the case then prove his power of flight can match or exceed Sid's power of TK.

Some are saying Sephiroth can teleport at will (instead of move very fast). Please post clips of this. If that's the case then I'll agree that Sephiroth wins here.

KingD19
For those who think I'm trolling.
Why would Sephiroth win?
He would attack faster than Sid can respond?
What about Sid's precog or his ability to block laser blasts?

What about Sid's ability to hold Sephiroth in the air?
Some are using a version of Sephiroth (after his death) to prove that he could fly. If that's the case then prove his power of flight can match or exceed Sid's power of TK.

Some are saying Sephiroth can teleport at will (instead of move very fast). Please post clips of this. If that's the case then I'll agree that Sephiroth wins here.

I'm not talking about the One-Winged Angel. Watch the final fight between Cloud and Sephiroth. He's flying around and like I said at one point just hangs out on the side of a building. Cloud can't fly, which is why he jams his sword in the wall so he can stand on it.

Precog isn't unlimited, as it has failed Jedi and Sith many times. And I keep telling you this but you keep ignoring it. A blaster bolt is not, I repeat is not a laser blast. It's compressed gas converted into energy. If it was a laser, it would be a continuous beam instead of an energy bullet, and it would be a whole lot faster.

ares834
That's not the Sephiroth I'm talking about. Before his death.
That thing was something different (not Sephiroth at all). It had a single wing to fly. At best (if you want to use that version) then you have to answer the following question: Can that version fly with a force stronger than Sid's TK?

It is Sephiroth. Not his original body, but him none the else.

And what other version of him are you talking about considering you keep saying film only and (as far as I'm aware) this is the only film version of him around.

h1a8
I'm not talking about the One-Winged Angel. Watch the final fight between Cloud and Sephiroth. He's flying around and like I said at one point just hangs out on the side of a building. Cloud can't fly, which is why he jams his sword in the wall so he can stand on it.

Precog isn't unlimited, as it has failed Jedi and Sith many times. And I keep telling you this but you keep ignoring it. A blaster bolt is not, I repeat is not a laser blast. It's compressed gas converted into energy. If it was a laser, it would be a continuous beam instead of an energy bullet, and it would be a whole lot faster.

It was believed for years that the blaster bolt was intended (by Lucas) to be actual short bursts of lasers and they follow the RULE OF COOL so that the audience can see the action. In other words,Their visual speed isn't intended to be their actual speed.

Now if you have Canon proof that these are indeed not lasers and proof of their intended speeds then please post it.

It is Sephiroth. Not his original body, but him none the else.

And what other version of him are you talking about considering you keep saying film only and (as far as I'm aware) this is the only film version of him around. I was remembering the scene in crisis core vs Angeal. That was a movie scene in the game.
Well if we are using the Resurrected version (advent children) then again the argument is how strong is his flight power? And how fast is Sephiroth? Do we go by visual speed? Implied speed?

BrolyBlack
^Clown patrol, he flies in AC

KingD19
It was believed for years that the blaster bolt was intended (by Lucas) to be actual short bursts of lasers and they follow the RULE OF COOL so that the audience can see the action. In other words,Their visual speed isn't intended to be their actual speed.

Now if you have Canon proof that these are indeed not lasers and proof of their intended speeds then please post it.

I was remembering the scene in crisis core vs Angeal. That was a movie scene in the game.
Well if we are using the Resurrected version (advent children) then again the argument is how strong is his flight power? And how fast is Sephiroth? Do we go by visual speed? Implied speed?

A blaster, also called a gun, was any type of ranged weapon that fired bolts of intense plasma energy, often mistaken as lasers. Operating under the same principles as laser weaponry, blasters converted energy-rich gas to a glowing particle beam that could melt through targets.

The literal first sentence in the wiki states what they are. Blaster bolts are tibanna gas(gas mines are mentioned all the time) compressed down into plasma to be used as ammo and are often mistaken as lasers.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Blaster

As for how fast Sephiroth is, watch the movie. He and Cloud went from ground level to skyscraper tops in seconds. They're damn fast.

KingD19
delete

-Pr-
Well Sephiroth weighs less than a pod and we seen Sidious hold Rey (a force user) in the air against her will helpless. Sephiroth can not fly or teleport or do anything to fight being held up in the air.

He was holding her (and Ben) iirc because he was exploiting their connection to the Force (and each other) and absorbing it.

That's not the same as standard TK, and if Sephiroth wanted he could use his own telekinesis to attack, couldn't he?

BrolyBlack
^Good point, he does have his own TK, which is much stronger

Emmy Evangeline
In terms of teleporting if Sheev had Sep in a force grip what type of teleporting would it be? Would Sep be dematerializing? If being strangled and mind you force grip is using the force to grip which is infinite power like the life stream it would have to be a who hit lands the first move. Sep being a powerhouse and fully one with the life stream outdoes Sheev.

h1a8
He was holding her (and Ben) iirc because he was exploiting their connection to the Force (and each other) and absorbing it.

That's not the same as standard TK, and if Sephiroth wanted he could use his own telekinesis to attack, couldn't he?

Where in the film did Seph had TK? I don't recall seeing that.
The movie never related the reason why Sid was able to hold Rey in the air against her will was because he was exploiting her connection to the force.
It was clear Sid was using force TK to lift her.

And I'm talking about with Snoke too (Sid was controlling Snoke as a puppet).

h1a8
A blaster, also called a gun, was any type of ranged weapon that fired bolts of intense plasma energy, often mistaken as lasers. Operating under the same principles as laser weaponry, blasters converted energy-rich gas to a glowing particle beam that could melt through targets.

The literal first sentence in the wiki states what they are. Blaster bolts are tibanna gas(gas mines are mentioned all the time) compressed down into plasma to be used as ammo and are often mistaken as lasers.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Blaster

As for how fast Sephiroth is, watch the movie. He and Cloud went from ground level to skyscraper tops in seconds. They're damn fast.

I don't know anywhere in the movie where that information about the blasters are given.

In Phathom Menace we get to see how fast force users really are. A couple of times the movie show them blitzing and becoming blur in real time.

Also a human can react in 0.2 second. If both crossed a skyscraper in a few seconds then that's not fast enough for a human not to be able to react (from battle distance).

BrolyBlack
^blithering idiot, Sepheroth isn’t at human levels your MORON.

Sepheroth can fly and has his own to which is vastly superior to Sheev

KingD19
I don't know anywhere in the movie where that information about the blasters are given.

In Phathom Menace we get to see how fast force users really are. A couple of times the movie show them blitzing and becoming blur in real time.

Also a human can react in 0.2 second. If both crossed a skyscraper in a few seconds then that's not fast enough for a human not to be able to react (from battle distance).

It doesn't need to be stated in a movie for it to have canon sources. You're being intentionally dense to act like it does. But it's you so I'm not surprised.

h1a8
^blithering idiot, Sepheroth isn’t at human levels your MORON.

Sepheroth can fly and has his own to which is vastly superior to Sheev I didn't say Seph wasn't as fast as a human. I was proving that a human can react to superhuman level speeds. For example, a professional baseball player can EASILY catch a 100mph baseball from 30ft away. Or in other words, react to something going 500mph from 150ft away. If force masters have reflexes beyond a human's then Sid can easily react to a charge from Seph.

It doesn't need to be stated in a movie for it to have canon sources. You're being intentionally dense to act like it does. But it's you so I'm not surprised. How can a source be canon if it's not from the movie or books? Was the source straight from the creator or writer of the films?

KingD19
Official source books, guides, and even canon books that tie-in are a thing. Its how they expand on things they don't have time to fully explain in movies and shows. You can't be this dumb, can you?

Remember when they went to Bespin? Han says it was a Tibanna gas mine Lando won off some guy. And guess what is used to make blaster bolts? Tibanna Gas.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Blaster_gas/Legends - tons of sources you can go look up whole you continue your ignorance.

But again blaster bolts are not lightspeed, especially since normal people react to them all the time. Just not as good as Force Users.

Eon Blue

h1a8
Official source books, guides, and even canon books that tie-in are a thing. Its how they expand on things they don't have time to fully explain in movies and shows. You can't be this dumb, can you?

Remember when they went to Bespin? Han says it was a Tibanna gas mine Lando won off some guy. And guess what is used to make blaster bolts? Tibanna Gas.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Blaster_gas/Legends - tons of sources you can go look up whole you continue your ignorance.

But again blaster bolts are not lightspeed, especially since normal people react to them all the time. Just not as good as Force Users.

Again, How can a source be canon if it's not from the movie or books? Was the source straight from the creator or writer of the films?
You never answered either question.

Did the writer/creator of the blaster write that information on that site? Did a fan write it? Who wrote it? What are their credentials? Did they collaborate with the original writer? Or did they make shit up?

ares834
It's from the spin-off books. Now whether that's relevant in movie-only verse debates I don't really care. For what it's worth, the script refers to them as "lasers" and "laser bolts".

KingD19
Cool. Let's go by that logic and say they are lasers, and not the plasma bolts they are explained as. Let's say they are near or at lightspeed.

Now h1 could you explain to me how Han Solo, Countless Clone Troopers, Rebel Soldiers, Bounty Hunters, droids, children, etc, etc, etc, etc... are all faster than lightspeed in their reaction times? Because tons of normal people dodge and react to blaster bolts all the time. But how is that possible if they're so fast? Is the entire SWverse FTL? I'll wait for a response.

And I'm not going through each individual source, but plenty of source books and official guides had to be canon-checked by Lucas back in the day and Disney now.

BrolyBlack
Again, How can a source be canon if it's not from the movie or books? Was the source straight from the creator or writer of the films?
You never answered either question.

Did the writer/creator of the blaster write that information on that site? Did a fan write it? Who wrote it? What are their credentials? Did they collaborate with the original writer? Or did they make shit up?

Going by your own logic, thor would have ftl reflexes since he blocked Chitari lasers

h1a8
Going by your own logic, thor would have ftl reflexes since he blocked Chitari lasers Those didn't look like lasers.

h1a8
Cool. Let's go by that logic and say they are lasers, and not the plasma bolts they are explained as. Let's say they are near or at lightspeed.

Now h1 could you explain to me how Han Solo, Countless Clone Troopers, Rebel Soldiers, Bounty Hunters, droids, children, etc, etc, etc, etc... are all faster than lightspeed in their reaction times? Because tons of normal people dodge and react to blaster bolts all the time. But how is that possible if they're so fast? Is the entire SWverse FTL? I'll wait for a response.

And I'm not going through each individual source, but plenty of source books and official guides had to be canon-checked by Lucas back in the day and Disney now. Aim dodging. Unless you can show me them reacting AFTER the laser fired.

KingD19
So apparently everyone who has ever dodged a blaster is capable of aim dodging lightsoeed projectiles? That's your explanation?

ares834

And I'm not going through each individual source, but plenty of source books and official guides had to be canon-checked by Lucas back in the day and Disney now.

Lucas didn't review that stuff. In fact, he's even distanced himself from the EU and said it's an entirely different "world".

And, yeah, H1 is right. It's aim dodging. This is true even if they aren't lasers but plasma.

SquallX
Sephiroth sucks as a villain! There I said it.

Now Kefka was a true bastard, so was the Emperor, so was Kuja.

Now most powerful, is still Ultimecia, who would made all other FF shits there pants, and yet there undies on how broken she truly was.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by SquallX
Sephiroth sucks as a villain! There I said it.

Now Kefka was a true bastard, so was the Emperor, so was Kuja.

Now most powerful, is still Ultimecia, who would made all other FF shits there pants, and yet there undies on how broken she truly was.

I can appreciate all of those villain. Kefka and Kuja are definitely amazing characters in their own right. IMO, Sephiroth is definitely as well fleshed out and is hands down THE most iconic FF villain.

h1a8
So apparently everyone who has ever dodged a blaster is capable of aim dodging lightsoeed projectiles? That's your explanation?

Dodging requires reacting and moving AFTER the fire. You made the claim, so the onus is on you to prove these individuals actually dodged laser fire.

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack

SquallX

SquallX

BrolyBlack
He was an eco terrorist and wanted to destroy the reasons he was made in the first place

SquallX

Eon Blue

Emmy Evangeline
But are they really evil?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.