Mace Windu vs Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Who wins in canon?

ozz81
@ Galan i know that it was stated recently in canon etc that sidious is able to defeat yoda in a light saber duel , in canon Mace windu defeated sidious fair and square etc who do you reckon will win this whats your take on it ?

juggernaut74
You are correct Mace should win this based on that analysis.

StiltmanFTW
ABC logic doesn't always work.

Still, this thread had to be made.

Mace might be better with lightsaber, but canon Yoda is really strong with the Force.

juggernaut74
Well there is canon sources saying Yoda is #1

Dooku had been reckoned one of the foremost duellists in the Jedi Order, second only to Master Yoda.

The Official Star Wars Fact File #60

juggernaut74
Well there is canon sources saying Yoda is #1

"Dooku had been reckoned one of the foremost duellists in the Jedi Order, second only to Master Yoda.

The Official Star Wars Fact File #60"

Sheev
Among the Jedi, Yoda was #1 with Mace/Dooku at #2.

But Mace's showing against Sidious muddies the waters a bit, because a Dooku-level fighter would have been throttled by Sidious.

Though IIRC in canon Mace wasn't given the clear win against Sidious. They kind of left it ambiguous as to whether or not Mace legitimately beat him.

xPRIMEx

Sheev
True.

Vaapad is the only reason why Mace was able to do so well against Sidious.

xPRIMEx
Also I believe that if Sidious wanted to, he could have killed Mace whenever he wanted with the force. He held back his force powers when Anakin arrived because he needed Anakin to choose.

Scizard
Can't say I agree with that one. We don't have any evidence that a high level force user can just pummel another high level force user yet tbh.

Vaapad's ability to re-direct power in canon is also seriously in question considering it's never mentioned along side Vaapad in canon.

There's a source saying that Yoda is the most powerful Jedi though, and what I wonder is how are we defining powerful here, is that overall or just the force? blink

relentless1
Yoda is number one overall, this is stated from several sources that worked on the PT films.
Sidious threw the fight with Mace in order to force a choice from Anakin.

Rockydonovang
in canon vapaad isn't a buff and in legends the --power boost-- was permanent. Furthermore there are quotes that dispute yoda's supremacy in legends and quotes which even place higher which suggests the gap wasn't massive.

xPRIMEx

juggernaut74

juggernaut74
Originally posted by relentless1
Yoda is number one overall, this is stated from several sources that worked on the PT films.
Sidious threw the fight with Mace in order to force a choice from Anakin. That quote from the canon Fact File I posted earlier says he was the top duelist but I can't find the scan.

ozz81

juggernaut74
I don't know he didn't seem to use it on Mother Talzin she held her own against Windu.

xPRIMEx
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Is that from the novel?
thumb up

Inedian
I think Sidious also held back in a lightsaber duel, let alone all out. He was stalling, calculating to happen exactly as it happened. Stalling in a lightsaber duel, then playing to be defeated and weak (again it was just stalling)... he did everything because of Anakin... for Anakin to choose. When Sidious duel Windu, he never had intention to defeat Windu, he never planned to kill Windu during the fight, just to create circumstances for Anakin to chose. It would be a different story if Sidious went all out with lightsaber without having in mind to get Anakin on his side.

Yoda wins against Windu in every category.

Eli Vanto
Yeah, Sidious definitely seemed to unleash himself more against Yoda then he did against Mace, which does suggest that he could have been holding back against Mace to basically give Anakin his final test.

Lord Stark
^You could also argue that the Dark Side by that point was far more powerful with the eradication of the Jedi Order and the rise of the Empire.

Unbowed
I think Mace beat Sidious fair and square but I don't think he can repeat the same performance against Yoda. Mace was basically in the fight of his lifetime and was punching way above his weight. Seeing the other masters cut down in front of his eyes, fighting for the fate of the republic, his Vaapad being so strong because of Sidious.

I feel Mace's "baseline" level is closer to Dooku/Maul tier than Yoda/Sidious tier.

YousufKhan1212
Mace wins pretty handily.

Darthadi
yoda

juggernaut74
I think Yoda is better in sabers and obviously force powers.

Yoda should win this battle.

ozz81

Rockydonovang
Lucas's tier system had Yoda as a 9 and windu as an 8 bordering 9 which would indicate yoda was a bit better

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Yeah, Sidious definitely seemed to unleash himself more against Yoda then he did against Mace, which does suggest that he could have been holding back against Mace to basically give Anakin his final test.

OR Sidious was just in a better position and location to keep his distance and Unleash his full powers on Yoda than he was Mace.

Originally posted by Unbowed
Mace was basically in the fight of his lifetime and was punching way above his weight.

This is possible. Look how Ahsoka fought above her league against Maul in S7.

Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Mace wins pretty handily.

This is definitely not the case.

juggernaut74
If Yoda was able to disarm Sidious I don't see it out of the realm of possibility for Mace to do the same.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.