Black Zero vs King Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Senor Cage
https://i.imgur.com/0jomVWL.jpg

vs

https://i.imgur.com/TtslDl8.png

Adam Grimes
Black stomps.

cdtm
With those Metron designed teleport guns, yeah.

Without them, I'd give it to Hype.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by cdtm
With those Metron designed teleport guns, yeah.

Without them, I'd give it to Hype. Idk, I don't see KH grabbing Pocket Universe Superboy by the throat with one hand, with the latter being unable to break hold with both hands. Or even having a chance against someone who can do that.

cdtm
Pretty sure that wasn't PU Superboy, but a "Hypertime" variation.

Same as when a million Batmen appeared in a Superman story, including DKR's Batman.

Up in the air as to whether it was even a Pre Crisis version, or something akin to The Adventures of Superboy adaptation of the live action TV series (Remember that? The comic was pretty awful imo.)

Adam Grimes
Pretty sure that wasn't PU Superboy, but a "Hypertime" variation.

Same as when a million Batmen appeared in a Superman story, including DKR's Batman.

Up in the air as to whether it was even a Pre Crisis version, or something akin to The Adventures of Superboy adaptation of the live action TV series (Remember that? The comic was pretty awful imo.) Read Superboy #8, friend.

He's the same Superboy from the Valor series ie: PU Superboy.

cdtm
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Read Superboy #8, friend.

He's the same Superboy from the Valor series ie: PU Superboy.

I read it back in the day, when it was still on shelves. Didn't buy it. smile

I remember the lines "Get a job and a haircut" as he speed blitzed the heck out of Kon-El. Don't recall if there was any references to which Superboy it was though.

I mean, PU Superboy died. That one I DO remember. I also read one of the stories where PU Superboy kind of returns, for five minutes or so, as time glitch's.

The thing is, Hal Jordan destroyed the Pocket Universe, so not sure how he could still be there in Black Zero.

Diesldude

MrMind
Black Zero stomps

King Hype is overrated garbage, he broke his hand punching depowered juggernaut, the same juggernaut luke cage was able to wreck. also he got oneshotted by canonball

DarkSaint85
Is Pocket Universe Superboy impressive then?

Diesldude

Adam Grimes
I read it back in the day, when it was still on shelves. Didn't buy it. smile

I remember the lines "Get a job and a haircut" as he speed blitzed the heck out of Kon-El. Don't recall if there was any references to which Superboy it was though.

I mean, PU Superboy died. That one I DO remember. I also read one of the stories where PU Superboy kind of returns, for five minutes or so, as time glitch's.

The thing is, Hal Jordan destroyed the Pocket Universe, so not sure how he could still be there in Black Zero. https://2.bp.blogspot.com/FP3e4jOgR_L0IbN4Ao16ENCjr- 48kdtAaf9FDpwq1ESk8in4BgdbN76suyehRgfL54h58Sl0vvFO
=s0

It was that page. stick out tongue

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Is Pocket Universe Superboy impressive then?

The Legion of Superheroes was inspired by Superboy, and the Crisis made it so Superman was never Superboy. The writers needed a way to preserve Legion histiry.

So they made a story where Time Trapper took a slice out of Pre Crisis DC time (Which was an ENTIRE universe), killed off all planets and alien races he didn't need leaving only Earth and Krypton, and redirected the LOSH time bubble into his pocket universe every time they traveled back in time.

This was all established in the pages of Action Comics, where Post Crisis Superman meets the LOSH, and eventually Superboy. Contrasts of power levels abound, such as Superboys abiility to breach the time stream under his own power, which knocks Superman simply enduring the speed and trip through the time stream.

According to Superman, Superboy was so fast he could grab a canister full of various Kryptonites out of his hands before he even saw him move.

Anyways, it was a good story. With a really sad ending, when Supes returns to a post Superboys death (By Time Trapper) Earth ravaged by the Phantom Zone Criminals. Literally everyone dies, and Superman kills.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Is Pocket Universe Superboy impressive then? That Superboy and all the Kryptonians from his world were far more powerful than '87 Superman at the very least.

Instances supporting this would be; Superman only barely holding his ground due to experience while noting Superboy's far greater speed and strength, Superboy being able to enter the timestream under his own power having to literally drag Superman to the Pocket Universe, Superman being afraid that even one of the criminal Kryps would kill him in a few moments, acknowledging that if the PU Kryps reached New Earth they would end it as well...

And Black Zero was choking that kid helpess with one hand while fighting a myriad of other Superboys.

Adam Grimes
According to Superman, Superboy was so fast he could grab a canister full of various Kryptonites out of his hands before he even saw him move. Oh yeah, I forgot that. thumb up

I loved that story despite the bittersweet ending.

cdtm
That Superboy and all the Kryptonians from his world were far more powerful than '87 Superman at the very least.

Instances supporting this would be; Superman only barely holding his ground due to experience while noting Superboy's far greater speed and strength, Superboy being able to enter the timestream under his own power having to literally drag Superman to the Pocket Universe, Superman being afraid that even one of the criminal Kryps would kill him in a few moments, acknowledging that if the PU Kryps reached New Earth they would end it as well...

And Black Zero was choking that kid helpess with one hand while fighting a myriad of other Superboys.

Again though, PU Earth was killed by the criminals, Hal destroyed the universe, and Superboy died in LOSH.

I know it's largely accepted he's PU Superboy, but that's a lot of history to just say "Same guy".

Adam Grimes
Again though, PU Earth was killed by the criminals, Hal destroyed the universe, and Superboy died in LOSH.

I know it's largely accepted he's PU Superboy, but that's a lot of history to just say "Same guy". Well, but it's clearly referenced in the comics that he's indeed the same guy.

MrMind
the legion from the pocket universe ceased to exist right? I remember they were saying "long live the legion" with their hands high before reality turns white. It was hella sad.

Back to this fight, Black Zero oneshots, this is spite.

Adam Grimes
No supporters for King Hyperion?

Stoic
Kind of seems an awful lot like TOBA (Alternate Reality) Hulk. But yeah Adam Grimes, keep pushing the agenda.

carver9
King Hyperion took on 2 Hyperions and was winning. He did this while taking on the Exiles as well. Yeah, he wins this.

Senor Cage
No supporters for King Hyperion?

Guess not. thought this would be a decent fight.

cdtm
Originally posted by MrMind
the legion from the pocket universe ceased to exist right? I remember they were saying "long live the legion" with their hands high before reality turns white. It was hella sad.

Back to this fight, Black Zero oneshots, this is spite.

No, they continue to exist as the "Legion Lost".

I think.

I get them confused, but every version of Legion exists in alternate timelines, they all met in Legion of Three Worlds.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by carver9
King Hyperion took on 2 Hyperions and was winning. He did this while taking on the Exiles as well. Yeah, he wins this. Not that impressive tbh.

carver9
It really is tbh.

Senor Cage
Which Hyperions?

carver9
I think both were 616 versions. I know for a FACT one of them were.

Senor Cage
What did they do?

Adam Grimes
Bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.