Count Dooku vs Obi-Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Both at their best and peak who wins in the following canon only:

1. Light saber duel only
2. Force powers and abilities only
3. H2H combat Or CQC only
4. 1-3 all used in a fight so both use full powers an abilities & the light saber etc

YousufKhan1212
Dooku in all, except 3.

juggernaut74
Are you forgetting Kenobi beat Anakin?

ozz81
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Are you forgetting Kenobi beat Anakin?

True good point , or reckon maybe Obi had the advantage because he was Anakins master and was familiar with his light saber style and moves etc ?
Not sure if canon stated his i read somewhere i think Obi was tiring out and would have eventually lost to anakin etc thats why he jumped to the hill side and obviously to exploit anankins weakness ?

-Pr-
Part of why Kenobi won, imo, was because he's a more experienced duelist than Anakin.

Part of why Dooku would beat Kenobi, is because he's a more experienced duelist than Obi-Wan.

Skill + experience counts for a lot.

Darth Thor
I think Rebels Kenobi could probably take Dooku tbh.

juggernaut74
Rebels Kenobi isn't as impressive as we thought. It's been pointed out by canon sources he was clearly outmatched against Vader and in another canon source it says he caught Maul off guard on Tatooine.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by ozz81
True good point , or reckon maybe Obi had the advantage because he was Anakins master and was familiar with his light saber style and moves etc ?
Not sure if canon stated his i read somewhere i think Obi was tiring out and would have eventually lost to anakin etc thats why he jumped to the hill side and obviously to exploit anankins weakness ? I think I remember reading that was part of the reason he won because he knew what to expect. I suppose there could be truth to that.

-Pr-
he caught Maul off guard on Tatooine.

That's literally how a lot of fights are won, though.

Darth Thor
Rebels Kenobi isn't as impressive as we thought. It's been pointed out by canon sources he was clearly outmatched against Vader and in another canon source it says he caught Maul off guard on Tatooine.

Thats ANH Kenobi who was outmatches by Vader. Not that it matters given Vader was light years beyond Dooku.

As for getting caught off guard, thats why the fight only lasted a couple of strikes. But it was confirmed by Filoni that he was superior to Maul (by this point) regardless.

Originally posted by -Pr-
That's literally how a lot of fights are won, though.

A little different in that he suckered Maul in with Qui-Gons stance (did not use his own stance), because he understood Mauls psychological weakness of never having moved past that Naboo fight.

Plus Maul just outright underestimated how good Ben was, so jumped right in (a recurring weakness for Maul).

Regardless though Kenobi was definitely the superior combatant by this point no question. And that was largely down to how Zen he is.

Scizard
Count Dooku wins all of them, except maybe 3.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.