Darth Maul vs Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Strictly H2H combat or CQC fight only( so no light sabers and no force powers etc) who wins in :-

1. Canon
2. Legends

Darthadi
If force augumentation is not allowed Maul takes both probably.

Galan007
1.) Probably Vader
2.) Maul

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Galan007
1.) Probably Vader
2.) Maul
If we're going legends, can Maul even hurt vader physically? His tanking of starkiller's lightning and then sidious's make me question if Maul has the strength to compete outisde of aiming for vader's respirator.(tho even then vader has managed incredible durability feats with that damaged.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
If we're going legends, can Maul even hurt vader physically? His tanking of starkiller's lightning and then sidious's make me question if Maul has the strength to compete outisde of aiming for vader's respirator.(tho even then vader has managed incredible durability feats with that damaged.

He probably does have the strength, he's capable of punching through a 3 meter tall Wampa's torso and kill a 4 meter tall Varactyl, ripping apart its armor plated skull.

Granted Vader does have some pretty insane durability, he tanked a kick to the head that sent him straight into a durasteel wall hard enough to cave it in without any damage. I know he has better durability feats, but I'm talking like H2H specifically.

This is probably gonna come down to would Vader's durability last him long enough vs Maul's skill/strength.

ozz81
Cool , but otherwise whose a more skilled H2H or CQC combatant canon wise in general ?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ozz81
Cool , but otherwise whose a more skilled H2H or CQC combatant canon wise in general ?

Well that's obviously Maul. Vader is more a brawler type, he's not a martial artist. Granted brawlers can take on martial artists, but feat wise, Vader doesn't have many where he goes fisticuffs.

Scizard
Yeah I would say Maul is obviously more skilled, but there's no way he's taking Vader down with a punch. He'd have to disable his suit somehow.

ozz81

Galan007
He'd have to significantly compromise the armor. Taking out the respirator would probably be the best way to go about it, but even that is far from an insta-win.

I'm not confident that Maul has the h2h feats to suggest he could cause heavy damage to the armor in canon, but Legends Maul is a different animal.

But if you're just asking who has the better h2h skills in general, then it's definitely Maul in both continuities.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Zenwolf
He probably does have the strength, he's capable of punching through a 3 meter tall Wampa's torso and kill a 4 meter tall Varactyl, ripping apart its armor plated skull.

Granted Vader does have some pretty insane durability, he tanked a kick to the head that sent him straight into a durasteel wall hard enough to cave it in without any damage. I know he has better durability feats, but I'm talking like H2H specifically.

This is probably gonna come down to would Vader's durability last him long enough vs Maul's skill/strength.
Does punching through a wampa take comparable force to that of a grenade or a collapsing cathedral?

How about vader, already weakened from his fight with luke, throwing sidious over a cliff while tanking the full power of his lightning. Lightning that is far more powerful than than the landscape blazing shit we've seen from plagueis or the ship ****ing shit we've seen from SK.

I'm don't remember with vader's strength feats, but irrc he had showings where he dented ships.

Darthadi
Does punching through a wampa take comparable force to that of a grenade or a collapsing cathedral?

How about vader, already weakened from his fight with luke, throwing sidious over a cliff while tanking the full power of his lightning. Lightning that is far more powerful than than the landscape blazing shit we've seen from plagueis or the ship ****ing shit we've seen from SK.

I'm don't remember with vader's strength feats, but irrc he had showings where he dented ships.

In legends Vader was amped by light side energy when he tanked Sidious' lightning acording to Lucas.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Darthadi
In legends Vader was amped by light side energy when he tanked Sidious' lightning acording to Lucas.
Quote?

Darthadi
Quote?

This.

Galan007
"super energy"

Nice one, GL. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.