The death of George Floyd/Chauvin guilty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tru-marvell
Another person literally choked to death by cop(s)
The fact that his pos kept his knee on his neck long after the suspect stopped moving....just omg!

https://www.tmz.com/

dadudemon
It's just a link to TMZ.

But, yes, death-by-cop for almost any reason is a bad outcome. The worst of all being poor judgment by the police or angry baby psychopath polices who just want to kill people.

Artol
It's horrible. The militarization of police needs to be reversed. They need significant training how to handle situations in non-violent ways, particularly with mentally handicapped people, as well as how to counteract racial biases one may have going into or develop on the job. Ideally police should be from the neighborhoods they are assigned to, and be able to build a relationship with the people they are meant to help. Also the glorification of the violent aspects of police is worrying, things like the "badass" vigilante cop in movies.

It's only one aspect, of course, there's much more wrong with the system, criminal justice reform is one of the most important social issue in America, imo.

tru-marvell
Sorry about that....you'd have to scroll down a few frames to get the video....

dadudemon
Originally posted by Artol
It's horrible. The militarization of police needs to be reversed. They need significant training how to handle situations in non-violent ways, particularly with mentally handicapped people, as well as how to counteract racial biases one may have going into or develop on the job.

I saw a video of an old lady being issued a traffic ticket by a cop. She got very upset. Clearly a "Karen." But the sticking point was she refused to sign the paper he handed her. In most cities, you sign the paper to acknowledge receipt of the citation, not admit guilt. If you refuse to sign, you have technically broken the law and you can be arrested. The traffic ticket thing is the "gentlemen's way" of avoiding having to arrest every single person from violating simple statutes.

Anyway, he ended up tazing her and bruising her for "running."

I read an alternative view from how European police would have handled it. No physical confrontation, just a citation. No need for physical confrontation. You'll get steeper fines and court dates and it could eventually lead up to police visiting your home, arresting you, and forcing you before the judge. But my take away is there is a completely non-physical way to address this scenario. After the angry old lady drove off, she would have cooled off and likely just paid her fine and moved on.

Bashar Teg
I can't bring myself to watch another fascist cop/vigilante snuff video. there's been too many. let's just wait for the resident KeKlord badge-bunnies to assure us all how the victim was "no angel"

Silent Master
Calm down little buddy.

Emmy Evangeline
So by now we all know the tragic murder of George Floyd in Minnesota. What are your thoughts? I myself am not an African woman but this hurts me. I feel police abuse is too much.

Eon Blue

Emmy Evangeline
It ensickens me because I've been in situations where I feel like that's going to happen to me. I'll take longer roads home if it diverts me from an area where cops are tyrants

Emmy Evangeline
Originally posted by Emmy Evangeline
So by now we all know the tragic murder of George Floyd in Minnesota. What are your thoughts? I myself am not an African woman but this hurts me. I feel police abuse is too much. Sorry for the typo it's Minneapolis

dadudemon
Thousands march to protest George Floyd's death:

https://www.startribune.com/rubber-bullets-chemical-irritant-water-bottles-in-air-as-thousands-march-to-protest-george-floyd-s-death/570786992/

I also found at that George Floyd died because of the Drug War. He was being arrested for something-something-I-don't-give-a-shit drugs related. Another victim of the Drug War.

FFS, decriminalize all drugs. We have plenty of science to support decriminalization policies.

Also, if this many people would rise up and protest every single time a black man died to unnecessary violence, young black men would stop dying all the time and black people would rule this nation.

cdtm
Originally posted by dadudemon
I saw a video of an old lady being issued a traffic ticket by a cop. She got very upset. Clearly a "Karen." But the sticking point was she refused to sign the paper he handed her. In most cities, you sign the paper to acknowledge receipt of the citation, not admit guilt. If you refuse to sign, you have technically broken the law and you can be arrested. The traffic ticket thing is the "gentlemen's way" of avoiding having to arrest every single person from violating simple statutes.

Anyway, he ended up tazing her and bruising her for "running."

I read an alternative view from how European police would have handled it. No physical confrontation, just a citation. No need for physical confrontation. You'll get steeper fines and court dates and it could eventually lead up to police visiting your home, arresting you, and forcing you before the judge. But my take away is there is a completely non-physical way to address this scenario. After the angry old lady drove off, she would have cooled off and likely just paid her fine and moved on.

7lj8knsKDHY

dadudemon
Originally posted by cdtm
7lj8knsKDHY

Yes, that's the one. no expression

Bashar Teg
making people sign a summons on site is complete bullshit.

i was totally on her side until she drove off. good thing she's white or she'd have ended up with 28 bullet holes in her

dadudemon
Good thing he tased her. That major threat she was to society.

Silent Master
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Bashar Teg
i posted a topic directly related to that "sign the ticket or you're under arrest" policy many years ago, except in that case it involved a pregnant black woman, so of course reactions were different.

it's a direct violation of constitutional rights, as signing the ticket is not an acknowledgement of the summons, but rather an instant guilty plea.

pretty sure that "plea guilty right now or you're under arrest" is not lawful, but in many states it is the law regardless

Silent Master
It's not a guilty plea.

Bashar Teg
in the case of the pregnant black woman being tased, it was. this occurred in washington. the scan of the ticket stated:

"the UNDERSIGNED certifies and says that in the state of washington---did operate the following vehicle/motor vehicle on a public highway and---DID THEN AND THERE COMMIT EACH OF THE FOLLOWING OFFENCES."

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
in the case of the pregnant black woman being tased, it was. this occurred in washington. the scan of the ticket stated:

"the UNDERSIGNED certifies and says that in the state of washington---did operate the following vehicle/motor vehicle on a public highway and---DID THEN AND THERE COMMIT EACH OF THE FOLLOWING OFFENCES."

I was wondering why I didn't remember that thread.

It was before my time from 2005:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=341356&pagenumber=1

And, yes, that would/should be illegal. I have no idea how a citation document would end up printed en masse like that without going through any crappy lawyer's eyes. This is the basics of basics of constitutional law which all lawyers must know.

Silent Master
Because PVS was being very dishonest by leaving out this part.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Silent Master

Wait...

Lemme look. How did you find that so fast? I'm still reading the thread...

Thus part was funny to me, though. He did not get along with that Napalm guy and reported him:

Originally posted by PVS
reported for off-topic nonesense and trolling

Originally posted by Napalm
I wish there was a pic that incident It has owned ritten all over it

That was back in the day when the forums were closely moderated. haermm

Bashar Teg
I was wondering why I didn't remember that thread.

It was before my time from 2005:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=341356&pagenumber=1

And, yes, that would/should be illegal. I have no idea how a citation document would end up printed en masse like that without going through any crappy lawyer's eyes. This is the basics of basics of constitutional law which all lawyers must know.

yeah, as i said it was very long ago and i hope their shenanigans were called out and the deceptive summons amended

Silent Master
Wait...

Lemme look. How did you find that so fast? I'm still reading the thread..

Dropped his quote into google and it brought up a PDF doc showing a template for a Washington ticket

Bashar Teg

that was not in the original summons in question, time waster troll

dadudemon
yeah, as i said it was very long ago and i hope their shenanigans were called out and the deceptive summons amended

I still haven't made it to the part in the thread where the exact wording on the ticket is shown. Still readin.

That thread is a gold mine for how KMC used to be.

Look at Ush very politely calling the lady "so fat you can't tell if she's pregnant when sitting down" without using those exact words:

Originally posted by Ushgarak
And has anyone even bothered to check if the cop knew she was pregnant? Easy to assume, but if she didn't get out the car, she could have been due to deliver the next day and it would be easy not to see.

Hooo boy.

Silent Master
https://www.courts.wa.gov/procuredocs/64/Uniform%20Notice%20of%20Infraction.pdf

Edit

Bashar Teg
this occurred in 2005, time waster troll

Silent Master
I've provided proof that signing their ticket isn't a guilty plea, where is your proof?

Impediment
Can we stick to the topic of the thread title, please?

Jesus Christ.

Bashar Teg
I still haven't made it to the part in the thread where the exact wording on the ticket is shown. Still readin.

top of page 7.

it was seemingly intended for the police officer alone to be the "undersigned" with no signature section for the alleged traffic offender, thus anyone reading it at a traffic stop and having a signature demanded would see that and rightly not want to sign it

here's an old scan. sorry about photobucket but thats all i can find atm

https://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y353/Kirandeodhar/SpeedTicketHide015.jpg

Originally posted by Impediment
Can we stick to the topic of the thread title, please?

Jesus Christ.

whoops sorry, didn't see this until i posted

dadudemon
top of page 7.

Found it:

Originally posted by PVS
regardless of the disclaimer over the signature line, we
most of us know that being pulled over is a very nerve racking experience.
even if the cop is polite and easygoing, it still sucks and makes people very nervous. nervous enough to not calmly sit and read the ticket in front of the cop to make sure that they werent signing away their right to challenge the ticket.

just look at the scan.
it clearly says "the UNDERSIGNED certifies and says that in the state of washington---did operate the following vehicle/motor vehicle on a public highway and---DID THEN AND THERE COMMIT EACH OF THE FOLLOWING OFFENCES."

i've signed so many forms in my lifetime. in EACH and EVERY form there is a seperate signature page, where the header reads something like "i, the undersigned...." undersigned means just that. UNDERsigned. when that word is placed on a contract, it must be on the same page as the signature line.
unless anyone in here has ever signed a form or contract where they saw an 'undersigned' agreement on a seperate page than the signature line? dont think so :/

and whats more screwed up is the guilty plea signature line is on the BACK.
it seems purposely misleading and i find that very disturbing.
the solution would have been as simple as placing the agreement signature on the BACK of the frikin ticket. so why wont they do it? why is it that upon viewing the ticket for like 2 minutes anyone can see the problem and come up with the solution with zero tax payer salary, and these assh0les cant figure that out?

i would have questioned it as well. goddamn right.

Links don't work anymore. So we just have to go by your ".pdf review" as evidence. Since everyone could have called you a liar if you were lying about that doc, we can only assume that the .pdf you linked to the standard citation form was correct.

And it is illegal to force people, at the point of the traffic stop, to admit guilt. You get a court date to argue your case. It's called "due process" and part of your right to a speedy trail (pun intended).

Because Impediment said back to the thread topic, how this relates to the OP is black people being abused by police. George died. Just like this lady could have. If I was a member back when that thread got posted, I would have pointed out that tasers are 'less lethal' options. She was tased for not complying with police orders. If you do not sign tickets, you go to jail to await your speedy trial. The tickets are not supposed to be an admission of guilt, only that you acknowledge receipt and/or understand what you've been cited to show up on your court date to argue it (or plead guilty and pay the fine).

Also, PVS, you were a much more pleasant person back then. no expression

Silent Master
I'm glad that we all agree that asking this woman to sign her ticket wasn't asking her to admit guilt

Originally posted by cdtm
7lj8knsKDHY

Edit: Just saw IMP's post, disregard.

Bashar Teg
Found it:

Links don't work anymore. So we just have to go by your ".pdf review" as evidence. Since everyone could have called you a liar if you were lying about that doc, we can only assume that the .pdf you linked to the standard citation form was correct.

And it is illegal to force people, at the point of the traffic stop, to admit guilt. You get a court date to argue your case. It's called "due process" and part of your right to a speedy trail (pun intended).

or they could just instruct the police officer to make it clear at the traffic stop that a signature is not an admission of guilt. not 100% guaranteed to avoid incident, but sure as shit better than "sign the ticket "

either way, prisons have been crammed with people who committed the "crime" of unpaid parking tickets and never signed a thing.

dadudemon
People, as in Latinos and Black people, are also filling up the prisons and many are related to the drug war. Which is part of why it needs to end. We talk about needing racial equality in the CJS so end the Drug War. I could make an argument about the Drug War being illegal, cite the American Civil Rights Act, Articles VI and VII, due it having a disparate impact people of certain races, but I don't have time to research and cite case law to support my positions.

Hey, Impediment, you worked in corrections for a while. You saw the scum bags. What percentage of those people (regardless of race), do you feel should actually be in prison? Do you agree we should end the drug war or would we be shifting crime from one area of life to another?

Robtard
I can't bring myself to watch another fascist cop/vigilante snuff video. there's been too many. let's just wait for the resident KeKlord badge-bunnies to assure us all how the victim was "no angel"

That's the thing though, I don't know about this victim's background, but for the sake of argument let us just say he has multiple felonies under his belt, it doesn't matter, police shouldn't be crushing his neck and certainly not enough to cause death. He still has rights and our police are not supposed to be jury and executioners.

I blame White American culture.

Remember this gem:

9nl00N6I5Ak

Emmy Evangeline
I remember they pulled her for a stupid reason

Emmy Evangeline
making people sign a summons on site is complete bullshit.

i was totally on her side until she drove off. good thing she's white or she'd have ended up with 28 bullet holes in her

I thought the same. Had she been Black

Emmy Evangeline
Originally posted by Robtard
That's the thing though, I don't know about this victim's background, but for the sake of argument let us just say he has multiple felonies under his belt, it doesn't matter, police shouldn't be crushing his neck and certainly not enough to cause death. He still has rights and our police are not supposed to be jury and executioners.

I blame White American culture.

Remember this gem:

9nl00N6I5Ak

I remember this. Alot of people I knew got angry and were calling him a closet fascist

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Emmy Evangeline
I remember this. Alot of people I knew got angry and were calling him a closet fascist

what a silly accusation for them to make..."closet"

snowdragon
It seems that the police could have used more civil means to restrain the man since they had multiple officers and I assume a car to detain the man in.

I'll bet that the cause of death isn't from the knee on his neck though, one of the first things they teach you in first aid is speaking means breathing.

In any case, this is a crazy situation and I'll never understand why police are trained to be so aggressive in handling citizens, they are here to serve and protect not smash and grab.

meep-meep
Undeniable murder.

Surtur
Police in Minneapolis withdraw from locations in the city as looters take over during protest

I say leave some of the buildings like they are after this. Don't re-open the Target. Let the community always remember what happens when they behave like f*cking animals.

Bet they don't even know the dead mans last name. George who?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
Police in Minneapolis withdraw from locations in the city as looters take over during protest

I say leave some of the buildings like they are after this. Don't re-open the Target. Let the community always remember what happens when they behave like f*cking animals.

Bet they don't even know the dead mans last name. George who?

When my Brother-in-Law was a store manager for Walmart, they sent him to one of the worst Walmarts in the US: theft and violence. He was their last resort (because he works way too hard and they knew they could get 90 hour work weeks out of him but that's another story) before they closed the store.

It's expensive to deal with rampant theft and the thin margins for big-box retail are easily lost if theft hits a certain level.

End of the story is he reduced theft and violence in his store enough that Walmart didn't have to close it. He did it by making a partnership with the local police, getting rid of the standard loss-prevention employees (repurposed them into "hawks" that work with the police), and setting up some standard operating procedures (such as contacting the police when I thief is walking out of the store and right into custody).

Point is, Target may make the decision to close down that store. Maybe not. If the looting continues, they'd close it down.

Surtur
When my Brother-in-Law was a store manager for Walmart, they sent him to one of the worst Walmarts in the US: theft and violence. He was their last resort (because he works way too hard and they knew they could get 90 hour work weeks out of him but that's another story) before they closed the store.

It's expensive to deal with rampant theft and the thin margins for big-box retail are easily lost if theft hits a certain level.

End of the story is he reduced theft and violence in his store enough that Walmart didn't have to close it. He did it by making a partnership with the local police, getting rid of the standard loss-prevention employees (repurposed them into "hawks" that work with the police), and setting up some standard operating procedures (such as contacting the police when I thief is walking out of the store and right into custody).

Point is, Target may make the decision to close down that store. Maybe not. If the looting continues, they'd close it down.

I just don't understand why the community would react in as way that reinforces every single negative stereotype about the black community. Of course it wasn't everyone, but jesus.

What about the employees at Target? Who are probably mostly black.

Surtur
Man with 'Trump' on his car beaten by activists protesting death of George Floyd in Minneapolis: report

I assume if the perpetrators are caught they will be charged with a hate crime.

dadudemon
I just don't understand why the community would react in as way that reinforces every single negative stereotype about the black community. Of course it wasn't everyone, but jesus.

I read that 87% of the community has not participated. That's a very comfortable majority.

dadudemon
Man with 'Trump' on his car beaten by activists protesting death of George Floyd in Minneapolis: report

I assume if the perpetrators are caught they will be charged with a hate crime.

If an only if it can be shown that race was the motivator. Such as calling him cracker, whtey, honkey, etc.

If it was simply "because Trump", it's politically, ideologically, motivated violence.

Adam_PoE

You cannot do someone wrong, and then tell them how angry they can get.

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Who did the rioting thugs wrong?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

100% agreed.

I've been in that position before.

It was cowgirl. Slipped out, smacked into the taint. Hurt like the dickens. Luckily, it didn't break but she was telling me it wasn't that big of a deal, that she didn't bounce that hard.

Rested a bit, made sure everything was okay, then finished it off with a cream-pie like a champ.

Surtur
I also agree nobody can tell George Floyd how angry he can get.

cdtm
Minnesota police should have a cool outfit like Taskmasters.

https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/content/prod/1x/taskmaster_0.jpg

Bashar Teg
So people want to know, these officers, one of them with 18 complaints against them, I think 16 still open, another one that had 6. I know people complain and it's false sometimes, but 18 complaints. Are they going to be arrested or are they not? Is the justice system going to work with these officers the way it works with the general public? Someone accuses you of something, the police come to get you, they arrest you and you have to deal with the legal system.
Are we going to have the same legal system for police officers that we have for the average adult? Now for the Attorney General, I watched and I know she has a tough job.

As long as we are being honest right now, nobody wants to hear from the White House or the Attorney General right now.

No one wants to hear from the man who wanted the death penalty to come back from the Central Park Five.

No one wants to hear from the man who says that the former president was not born in this country.

No one wants to hear from the man who said there are very fine people on both sides.

Do you understand what I am saying? No one wants to hear from the person they perceive as contributing to this situation -- situations like this in this society. Not directly, but allowing people like that to think they can get away from this.

No one wants to hear from the birther-in-chief, from the sons of bitches-calling person who said that when athletes are kneeling for this very reason. No one wants to hear from that.

The justice system should work for everyone. The Attorney General of the United States should have the same system in place for everyone. That should be a given and you should not have to announce that at a press conference. No one wants to hear that. Unless you're going to come out and say I understand how African-Americans feel in this country, I understand the mistakes I have made with African-Americans in this country. I understand there is an election coming, but I just don't want your vote, I want you to understand that I know where you're coming from, we don't want to hear that. That is the God's honest truth. So that was a misstep on her part.

To come out and say I want this investigated to the fullest extent of the law, we don't want to make any mistakes, amen sister or brother. But we don't want to hear all of that. But why don't you have the same urgency that you have for all of those people out there, most of them protesting, but some out there who are actually ravaging and pillaging, burning down stores. I don't know if it's by accident or what. Raiding stores. Fine, that should not happen. But how about the urgency for telling those people to calm down, we need peace, how about that same urgency when it comes to people being abused by the system, who are being abused by police officers, who are experiencing racism in this country and people are denying it. Where is that urgency?

I understand the anger of the people who are protesting, who are upset in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I don't - I am not condoning their actions. I don't understand the actions, but I do understand their anger. When you have nothing else, when you don't have a platform like a Don Lemon or a Wolf Blitzer or Laura Coates to protest, then what do you do? You act out in the way that you act out. These people are upset, they're sick of it and I would imagine people around the country are sick of it as well. Have that same urgency for telling people to calm down and don't be violent and don't go out and loot stores for racism and bigotry! Take the mask off.

-Don Lemon

BrolyBlack

Artol

Maybe they got some nice loot as well.

Bashar Teg
who cares that he was obviously murdered and his murderer is still free. what about that poor target store that nobody gives a f*ck about. how come nobody wants to talk about that?

BrolyBlack

So people want to know, these officers, one of them with 18 complaints against them, I think 16 still open, another one that had 6. I know people complain and it's false sometimes, but 18 complaints. Are they going to be arrested or are they not? Is the justice system going to work with these officers the way it works with the general public? Someone accuses you of something, the police come to get you, they arrest you and you have to deal with the legal system.
Are we going to have the same legal system for police officers that we have for the average adult? Now for the Attorney General, I watched and I know she has a tough job.

As long as we are being honest right now, nobody wants to hear from the White House or the Attorney General right now.

No one wants to hear from the man who wanted the death penalty to come back from the Central Park Five.

No one wants to hear from the man who says that the former president was not born in this country.

No one wants to hear from the man who said there are very fine people on both sides.

Do you understand what I am saying? No one wants to hear from the person they perceive as contributing to this situation -- situations like this in this society. Not directly, but allowing people like that to think they can get away from this.

No one wants to hear from the birther-in-chief, from the sons of bitches-calling person who said that when athletes are kneeling for this very reason. No one wants to hear from that.

The justice system should work for everyone. The Attorney General of the United States should have the same system in place for everyone. That should be a given and you should not have to announce that at a press conference. No one wants to hear that. Unless you're going to come out and say I understand how African-Americans feel in this country, I understand the mistakes I have made with African-Americans in this country. I understand there is an election coming, but I just don't want your vote, I want you to understand that I know where you're coming from, we don't want to hear that. That is the God's honest truth. So that was a misstep on her part.

To come out and say I want this investigated to the fullest extent of the law, we don't want to make any mistakes, amen sister or brother. But we don't want to hear all of that. But why don't you have the same urgency that you have for all of those people out there, most of them protesting, but some out there who are actually ravaging and pillaging, burning down stores. I don't know if it's by accident or what. Raiding stores. Fine, that should not happen. But how about the urgency for telling those people to calm down, we need peace, how about that same urgency when it comes to people being abused by the system, who are being abused by police officers, who are experiencing racism in this country and people are denying it. Where is that urgency?

I understand the anger of the people who are protesting, who are upset in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I don't - I am not condoning their actions. I don't understand the actions, but I do understand their anger. When you have nothing else, when you don't have a platform like a Don Lemon or a Wolf Blitzer or Laura Coates to protest, then what do you do? You act out in the way that you act out. These people are upset, they're sick of it and I would imagine people around the country are sick of it as well. Have that same urgency for telling people to calm down and don't be violent and don't go out and loot stores for racism and bigotry! Take the mask off.

-Don Lemon

Don Lemon is an idiot. The DOJ is investigating

Bashar Teg
if you can't take his meaning then you're the idiot thumb down

BrolyBlack
Shut the **** up already

Bashar Teg
no

BrolyBlack
Get a life then?

Darth Thor
Have any of you actually seen the video?

Theres no way youd be complaining about the riots if you did.

Its plain terrorism. You have mental issues if youre not getting angry over it and annoyed about looting instead.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Its plain terrorism. You have mental issues if youre not getting angry over it and annoyed about looting instead.

it's downright infuriating, DT. and the same jerkoffs are playing the same keyboard games. "why do they have to act like animals like that", and "oh no the poor Target sad" and " "omg trump is such a stand-up guy for "ordering" the DoJ to do their most basic f*cking job." and "why are all the black people so angry, this didn't happen to them".

I wish just once their masks would skip off in public hearing. just once.

BrolyBlack

The video is awful, there are no excuses for what happened

eThneoLgrRnae
Regardless of what the video shows that doesn't justify looting and rioting. All of the officers in question were fired and I'm almost certain that some or all of them will eventually be charged with something.

The people who owned the businesses that were looted or destroyed had zero to do with what happened to that black man.

BrolyBlack

Eon Blue

BrolyBlack

Darth Thor
That black man has a name.

And of course no one wants riots, and neither are they justified. But unfortunately youre in a situation where riots are the only way this issue will be taken seriously enough.

BrolyBlack
*innocent

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack

Darth Thor
A fool for what? You think this would have been taken as seriously without the riots?

Ive already said its not justified. But UNFORTUNATELY thats what it takes for this to be taken seriously within the justice system you live in.

BrolyBlack
Of coarse it would have been the cop will be fired and tried for murder

Bashar Teg
"yes it was very unfortunate for that black guy but what about the poor target!" jerkoff

BrolyBlack

Darth Thor

Darth Thor
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Of coarse it would have been the cop will be fired and tried for murder

Historically how often do they get found guilty in cases like this?

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack

Silent Master
It's entirely possible to consider what happened to him murder and disagree with the Looting.

BrolyBlack

Darth Thor

Darth Thor
It's entirely possible to consider what happened to him murder and disagree with the Looting.

Who agrees with the looting?

BrolyBlack

Darth Thor

carthage
They should be investigated and charged and prosecuted

But as for the looting, loling @ the idea that a crime justifies another

Bashar Teg

literally nobody. but that won't stop the jerkoffs from insisting it. and no, you can rest assured that they have not and will not watch the f*cking video, but will do everything they can to own and lead the topic, and make it about trump the hero, and how black people should be ashamed of themselves

why do they do this? because they're jerkoffs

BrolyBlack

Silent Master

Why ask me? I didn't claim anyone agreed with it.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by carthage

But as for the looting, loling @ the idea that a crime justifies another

Who said this?

Oh yeah the Muslim Hater needs to make up false accusations.

Darth Thor
Why ask me? I didn't claim anyone agreed with it.

Because you said its entirely possible to disagree with looting while condemning a murder for some strange reason?

So just pointed that out to you.

carthage
https://www.fox9.com/news/officers-evacuated-as-rioters-set-minneapolis-police-precinct-on-fire

Because this is totally justified? Lmao
Whatever you feel to justify the crimes of looters and criminals

Silent Master
Because you said its entirely possible to disagree with looting while condemning a murder for some strange reason?

Do you disagree with my statement?

BrolyBlack

Your dumbass straw men has been called out. STFU already

Darth Thor
Do you disagree with my statement?

No. Was there a need for it.

BrolyBlack
Have you seen the video?

BrolyBlack
https://www.fox9.com/news/officers-evacuated-as-rioters-set-minneapolis-police-precinct-on-fire

thumb up

BrolyBlack

Darth Thor

Who justified it?

I suggest you Try watching the murder video and demanding justice for that crime instead instead of shifting focus to this.

Thats if you actually have a shred of humanity in you.

Artol

BrolyBlack

Darth Thor

BrolyBlack
This is not a sound argument (although it may be rhetorically effective on many). In absolute numbers there are more white people killed by police, but there's many more white people in America. Black people are killed at a much, much higher rate than their share of the population.

If you want to make an argument that it is not about race the following is better. "It's not because of race that black people are killed by police, but because of class, black people being on average much poorer than white people, and poor people of all races being much more likely to be killed by police". It would still not be absolutely correct, race does play a factor in these killings, but it would be much closer to the truth, and a sound argument.

Nothing here refutes what I said. Go look up the study

Darth Thor

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack

eThneoLgrRnae

And of course no one wants riots, and neither are they justified. But unfortunately youre in a situation where riots are the only way this issue will be taken seriously enough.

Of course he has a name. Maybe if the media hadn't been constantly trying to cause racial division by constanly talking about how "yet another black man was killed by white cops!" and instead mentioned his name when the story first broke then I might've known it.

You see, in case you didn't know, everytime a black person is killed by a white cop in the US the media, if they're made aware of it, will plaster the story all over the place because their obsessed with creating racial division in this country. If they weren't so obsessed with it then they would also do the same thing when a white person is killed by cops (which actually happens more, in case you didn't know).

It's important for them to create this BS narrative that all white cops are racist and have this sick agenda to kill black people. It's a lie, and people like myself are sick of hearing their lies. So, whenever I hear of yet another story "proving" that "white cops are racist!" I tune it out and don't really pay attention to it anymore when I see it on tv or anywhere else.

Again, looting and rioting to "get people to take it seriously enough" is not how the law works. You seem to think that if the police in question in this case are not immediately, say... executed, perhaps... then they are "getting away with it" and so the looting and rioting will make everyone see how wrong it is lol.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure at least one of them will eventually be charged with something.

Silent Master
No. Was there a need for it.

No more need than any of the other posts in this thread

BrolyBlack

Artol
Nothing here refutes what I said. Go look up the study

Yes, what you said is technically correct, it is not relevant to the question of whether black people are excessively targeted by police though.

Or to put it in terms of this killing, it does not tell us how likely a white person would be to be killed in such a callous manner as George Floyd, as it says nothing about the intentions and quality of the particular killings by police.

BrolyBlack
The cop killed Floyd, which is awful and he will be brought to justice.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Of course he has a name. Maybe if the media hadn't been constantly trying to cause racial division by constanly talking about how "yet another black man was killed by white cops!" and instead mentioned his name when the story first broke then I might've known it.

You see, in case you didn't know, everytime a black person is killed by a white cop in the US the media, if they're made aware of it, will plaster the story all over the place because their obsessed with creating racial division in this country. If they weren't so obsessed with it then they would also do the same thing when a white person is killed by cops (which actually happens more, in case you didn't know).

It's important for them to create this BS narrative that all white cops are racist and have this sick agenda to kill black people. It's a lie, and people like myself are sick of hearing their lies. So, whenever I hear of yet another story "proving" that "white cops are racist!" I tune it out and don't really pay attention to it anymore when I see it on tv or anywhere else.

Again, looting and rioting to "get people to take it seriously enough" is not how the law works. You seem to think that if the police in question in this case are not immediately, say... executed, perhaps... then they are "getting away with it" and so the looting and rioting will make everyone see how wrong it is lol.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure at least one of them will eventually be charged with something.

Didnt claim thats how the law works. I said its Unfortunate thats what it takes for the issue to be taken seriously enough.

Yeah they probably will be charged with Something.

BrolyBlack
Pack your shit DT, your dumbassery needs to leave.

Darth Thor
Pack your shit DT, your dumbassery needs to leave.

Oh im sorry are you offended by my anger over the issue?

BrolyBlack
Based on you being a buffoon and making up lies and slander...now I will continuously shove your shit in your face till you leave here embarrassed over the dumb shit you said and the lies you made up.

Darth Thor
Based on you being a buffoon and making up lies and slander...

What lies did I make up?

What slander?

Artol
I wouldn't underestimate looting and rioting as an effective tool of political behavior, particularly of the oppressed and the disenfranchised by the way.

I think if we remove it from our direct circumstances we can all agree that looting and rioting are valid in certain contexts. The Tiananmen Square Protests, the Arab Spring, the resistance to Vichy France and for many Americans the riots and looting of the American revolutionaries against the British colonial regime (Boston Tea Party, for example) are all situations that we can look at in more nuanced ways, I believe.

carthage
Who justified it?

I suggest you Try watching the murder video and demanding justice for that crime instead instead of shifting focus to this.

I'm guessing you missed my post about saying they should be prosecuted?

Completely innocent people have had their properties destroyed by random looters and thugs. - LA Riots, Oakland Riots, Ferguson, Detroit Riots, Chicago Riots, the Cincinnati riots. Its always the same story

Bashar Teg

BrolyBlack
Have you seen the video?

Again trying to divert the issue to riots means either you havent or you really dont give a shit.

Lies/slander

BrolyBlack

Darth Thor
Based on you being a buffoon and making up lies and slander...now I will continuously shove your shit in your face till you leave here embarrassed over the dumb shit you said and the lies you made up.

Yeah youre not threatening in the least. And you sound very uneducated. And I ought to report your ass for making fun of the idea of watching a murder video.

BrolyBlack
Who justified it?

Lies/slander

BrolyBlack
Yeah youre not threatening in the least. And you sound very uneducated. And I ought to report your ass for making fun of the idea of watching a murder video.

More lies slander.

Go report me and see where it lands you, you pig pussy. Do itthumb up

eThneoLgrRnae

LOL@DT now lying after he had just posted this above. Right here he says anyone who has seen the video would not be complaining about the riots. Implying that the wrongful killing justifies the riots.

Darth Thor should change his user name to Pinocchio lol.

Silent Master
I wouldn't underestimate looting and rioting as an effective tool of political behavior, particularly of the oppressed and the disenfranchised by the way.

I think if we remove it from our direct circumstances we can all agree that looting and rioting are valid in certain contexts. The Tiananmen Square Protests, the Arab Spring, the resistance to Vichy France and for many Americans the riots and looting of the American revolutionaries against the British colonial regime (Boston Tea Party, for example) are all situations that we can look at in more nuanced ways, I believe. they're not looting to make a political point, they're looting because they want free stuff.

BrolyBlack

Darth Thor
I'm guessing you missed my post about saying they should be prosecuted?

Completely innocent people have had their properties destroyed by random looters and thugs. - LA Riots, Oakland Riots, Ferguson, Detroit Riots, Chicago Riots, the Cincinnati riots. Its always the same story

The fact that you even have to say They Should be Persecuted says it all. You NEED to say that to back yourself up. I wonder why?

And maybe try making a separate thread about the looting instead of making that the issue of this thread.

BrolyBlack

Artol
For more contemporary riots that split public thoughts on their validity we can look at the Hong Kong protests, the Yellow Vest Protests, Chile's protests over public transport fees and neoliberal policies, the Trump supported riots in Venezuela against the Maduro government, and many more.

eThneoLgrRnae
@Broly: Don't know about that but it's clear he's a liar.

BrolyBlack

durwave

BrolyBlack

Darth Thor
I guess you forget what you right or what I responded to because your drunk with impotent rage

Oh so thats the lie youre accusing me of? At least youre finally starting to be clear instead of random LIES LIES, which seems to provoke an emotional response in you which the video never did.

So its not true that historically its hard to prosecute police over situations like this?

Artol
they're not looting to make a political point, they're looting because they want free stuff.

That may be true, but that would also be what an authoritarian government with an agreeable press would claim about rioters who we in our Western understanding would view as justified.

I do tend to agree with some scholars who believe that in the United States in particular most political expressions are filtered through a lens of consumption and therefore rioting would also be performed in such a manner.

BrolyBlack
The fact that you even have to say They Should be Persecuted says it all. You NEED to say that to back yourself up. I wonder why?

And maybe try making a separate thread about the looting instead of making that the issue of this thread.

Drunk with rage. You already said the rioting and looting was justified

carthage
Thor obviously never learned the lesson of the LA Riots. We can solve systemic racism by robbing buildings, burning cars, and setting police stations on fire. That'll show em

Bashar Teg
Drunk with rage. You already said the rioting and looting was justified

he never said that you lying jerkoff

f*cking snake pos

BrolyBlack
Oh so thats the lie youre accusing me of? At least youre finally starting to be clear instead of random LIES LIES, which seems to provoke an emotional response in you which the video never did.

So its not true that historically its hard to prosecute police over situations like this?

Clearly your not following along. Where did I say that is where you were lying..

You already were caught lying and slandering me. I quoted you, but you are to stupid to read up.

Silent Master
That may be true, but that would also be what an authoritarian government with an agreeable press would claim about rioters who we in our Western understanding would view as justified.

I do tend to agree with some scholars who believe that in the United States in particularly most political expressions are filtered through a lens of consumption and therefore rioting would also be performed in such a manner.

Okay, what political point are they making by looting in this instance?

BrolyBlack
Who justified it?

Lies/slander

THIS POST IS LIES AND SLANDER INCASE YOU CANT READ DARTHSHIT

Darth Thor
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
LOL@DT now lying after he had just posted this above. Right here he says anyone who has seen the video would not be complaining about the riots. Implying that the wrongful killing justifies the riots.

Darth Thor should change his user name to Pinocchio lol.

Try reading the full thing.

I said you have mental issues IF youre NOT GETTING ANGRY over the Video and complaining about the Riots INSTEAD.

Jeez you and Broly really do have basic comprehension issues. No wonder youre Trump supporters.

Artol
Thor obviously never learned the lesson of the LA Riots. We can solve systemic racism by robbing buildings, burning cars, and setting police stations on fire. That'll show em

How do we solve systemic racism though?

I think to pretend that rioting and looting does never have consequences that are in accordance with the goals of the rioters or looters would be misguided, not saying you do, but it does seem like there is a general dismissal of any tactic that is not sanctioned by a specific state, which is of course incredibly convenient for whoever holds the power in a state or system.

NemeBro
Instead of rioting they should be killing police officers and their families in their homes and assassinating local political figures like the mayor tbh. thumb up

BrolyBlack
Try reading the full thing.

I said you have mental issues IF youre NOT GETTING ANGRY over the Video and complaining about the Riots INSTEAD.

Jeez you and Broly really do have basic comprehension issues. No wonder youre Trump supporters.

THIS POST IS LIES AND SLANDER INCASE YOU CANT READ DARTHSHIT

BrolyBlack

The video is awful, there are no excuses for what happened

Artol
Okay, what political point are they making by looting in this instance?

I don't know, I haven't talked to them, I would assume that for many it is an expression of their anger and frustration at the perceived mistreatment by the authorities of black people in the United States. Which is not to say that I don't think there are people that just view it as convenient, or at best have a latent understanding of their own anger.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>