Henry Cavill back as Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WolvesofBabylon
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/henry-cavill-superman-return-dc-movies/

I actually like this. If they keep the JL Superman Ill be happy. I feel that was a good representation

HulkIsHulk
He must have realized asking more money.from the studio who don't give a shit was stupid

carthage
I'm cool with it
But i doubt we'll be seeing an MOS sequel for another 2-4 years

Artol
I don't think that Henry Cavill as an actor was the problem with the movies, so I'm not necessarily unhappy with this.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by carthage
I'm cool with it
But i doubt we'll be seeing an MOS sequel for another 2-4 years

Thats awful, we need one now.

-Pr-
What strikes me is this is happening right after Snyder announces he's getting his cut.

-Cough-newmoustachelessSupermanscenes-cough-

Artol
The mustache really tied the whole movie together... in a bad way.

Eon Blue
Henry Cavill was definitely my favorite portrayal of Superman. This is good news.

BruceSkywalker
Cavill might be be in the batman movie

HulkIsHulk
Won't make sense since they were supposed to have met first in BVS..Though they could go the way of making Batman a jerk who had a score to settle with Clark from years ago

steverules_2
Originally posted by -Pr-
What strikes me is this is happening right after Snyder announces he's getting his cut.

-Cough-newmoustachelessSupermanscenes-cough-

I was thinking the exact same thing

But the Snyder cut includes superman with a moustache

https://i.postimg.cc/KYYZ5k52/superman-moustache-justice-league-600x321.jpg

SquallX
Originally posted by steverules_2

That makes no sense timeline wise. Not only that, that stache looks exactly like the MI stache.

tkitna
Lets see, he's been Superman in three movies now and all three movies have sucked. Maybe Cavill is the problem.

riv6672

Impediment
When was Cavill ever out as Superman?

steverules_2

SquallX
Originally posted by tkitna
Lets see, he's been Superman in three movies now and all three movies have sucked. Maybe Cavill is the problem.

MOS was good with its fair share of problems.

playa1258
Cavill has never been the problem. It was the direction and studio mistakes that are to blame.

riv6672
Originally posted by playa1258
Cavill has never been the problem. It was the direction and studio mistakes that are to blame.
I feel the same way re: Affleck.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Impediment
When was Cavill ever out as Superman?

When he started filming The Witcher.

Old Man Whirly!
I like Henry, he gets older, his girlfriends stay the same age, respect, aye! thumb up

SquallX
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I like Henry, he gets older, his girlfriends stay the same age, respect, aye! thumb up

laughing

tkitna
Originally posted by SquallX
MOS was good with its fair share of problems.

I despised it. To each their own.

riv6672

Darth Thor
It was a different take. We still have the Christopher Reeves and Brandon Routh films if thats more to your liking.

But they had to try something different after Superman Returns flopped. And whatever you think of the film, fact is it was the first Superman film to make profit in a long time. So WB probably made the right call taking that risk.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Darth Thor
It was a different take. We still have the Christopher Reeves and Brandon Routh films if thats more to your liking.

But they had to try something different after Superman Returns flopped. And whatever you think of the film, fact is it was the first Superman film to make profit in a long time. So WB probably made the right call taking that risk.

Shut up loser. I thought you were so mad, now your in here gaffing off?

Your faux anger is pathetic.

riv6672

-Pr-
Originally posted by steverules_2

That's why I said new scenes. Shoot new shit and don't use the old stuff.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Shut up loser. I thought you were so mad, now your in here gaffing off?

Your faux anger is pathetic.

Moron

Darth Thor
That's why I said new scenes. Shoot new shit and don't use the old stuff.

Couldnt they have just given them him a beard instead of erasing the moustache?

-Pr-

iirc Snyder originally had him bearded post-resurrection, but Whedon/WB changed all that.

He doesn't have to worry about moustaches anymore though, so who knows what they'll do.

BrolyBlack
Moron

Clownshoes

riv6672
That would have been cool -and- made sense.

BruceSkywalker
some folks might get upset if Cavill is in the Batman film

Surtur
Just imagine how long his mustache is by now

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Surtur
Just imagine how long his mustache is by now

its so big, cgi won't cover it up lol

Darth Thor
Campea is throwing a Scoop out there that Cavill might be staring in a J J Abrams Superman movie.

-Pr-
It read the pitch for the last Abrams movie. It sounded bad.

playa1258
Poor Quan.

Darth Thor
It read the pitch for the last Abrams movie. It sounded bad.

Hopefully Cavill is getting some input.

Just glad theyve decided to give Supes another chance. Was pretty sad keeping him locked up in limbo.

-Pr-
Hopefully Cavill is getting some input.

Just glad theyve decided to give Supes another chance. Was pretty sad keeping him locked up in limbo.

Cavill seems to genuinely care about the character, and his stock has certainly risen so I wonder if he has more say now. He certainly could have put it in his contract.

Esau Cairn
I just can't see Cavill/Superman doing cameos in other character's storylines.

*The world is in peril*

-Insert Superman cameo-
-End cameo-

*The world still is in peril.*

StiltmanFTW
Replace Cavill with a wooden dummy and the effect will be the same.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Replace Cavill with a wooden dummy and the effect will be the same.

Your girlfriend would definitely disagree.

steverules_2
Your boyfriend would definitely disagree.

Much more accurate

BrolyBlack

Does your GF find you to be a big pussy that you worship Thor so much? Does she know the word Thorbag, have you ever told her thats you?

SquallX

BrolyBlack
Idiots really

-Pr-
Especially after Star Wars too.

SquallX

Darth Thor

Old Man Whirly!
I doubt he would get the go ahead for that from WB given Singer already did that for them with Superman Returns which flopped.

Plus if it's Cavill then it can't be an origin story. Would have to be a sequel. I sag cut out the middleman and just get michael bay.

StiltmanFTW

My gf (and my bf) both prefer big old bears like Whirly.

Cavill wasn't even a contender. You need to hide your boner for him.

Darth Thor

Cavill wasn't even a contender. You need to hide your boner for him.

Its more like... I really wanna look like him...

He should be James Bond.

SquallX

Darth Thor
^ He might only produce it.

SquallX
^ He might only produce it.

He should be remove completely.

Darth Thor
I wouldnt count on it. Unfortunately these studios are a bit dumb in that they will look at his record and say he made both the highest grossing Star Wars film and highest grossing Star Trek film of all time, and reinvented both. (Not that Star Wars even needed reinventing).

SquallX
I wouldnt count on it. Unfortunately these studios are a bit dumb in that they will look at his record and say he made both the highest grossing Star Wars film and highest grossing Star Trek film of all time, and reinvented both. (Not that Star Wars even needed reinventing).

So true.

Old Man Whirly!

Cavill wasn't even a contender. You need to hide your boner for him. https://i.imgur.com/JC3xzB5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yYy2MS8.jpg

Even Superman needs a daddy!

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud

quanchi112
The best news of the Snyder cut besides me finally getting to mock Darkseid is that the new version renders JL Supermans speed feats no longer canon. Beautiful.

Surtur
Why would thew version cut the speed feats out?

EDIT: And I've seen no mention of DC saying the Snyder cut would be official canon.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by quanchi112
The best news of the Snyder cut besides me finally getting to mock Darkseid is that the new version renders JL Supermans speed feats no longer canon. Beautiful.

Youre not getting away that easily.

We still gotta do our battlezone.

Surtur
Nothing says the movie would be canon anyways

BruceSkywalker

it sounds like anyway that snyder is jut putting back in scenes that were cut. and darkseid is a cameo. unless it all changes some way

StiltmanFTW

Maybe once it gets a theatrical release.

If*

emporerpants

But why would that matter to you Quan? You never thought they mattered anyway.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by emporerpants
But why would that matter to you Quan? You never thought they mattered anyway.

He wants to see Darkseid.

And then to make fun how pathetic he is in comparison with MCU Thanos.

-Pr-
Stilt being Stilt aside, I'm not looking forward to seeing Snyder's Darkseid. Not after what he did to Doomsday.

BruceSkywalker
Maybe once it gets a theatrical release.

If*

i doubt it lol.. sounds like they want morons to pay $15 for more shit

Stilt being Stilt aside, I'm not looking forward to seeing Snyder's Darkseid. Not after what he did to Doomsday.

what you don't wanna see a 2 second cameo lolol

quanchi112
Youre not getting away that easily.

We still gotta do our battlezone. JL is out since it no longer counts. We are free to wait to see what feats Snyders Superman gets but as it stands this version means nothing. Oh how epic it all is.

laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Stilt being Stilt aside,

Ask Quan yourself.

Or see the dozens of memes mocking WB/DCEU for even attempting to try to make this shit.

I'm not looking forward to seeing Snyder's Darkseid. Not after what he did to Doomsday.

Don't worry, it won't be long.

One minute, at best?

quanchi112
He wants to see Darkseid.

And then to make fun how pathetic he is in comparison with MCU Thanos. thumb up

To smite my enemies. I still need for them to exist in order to put down.

quanchi112
Originally posted by emporerpants
But why would that matter to you Quan? You never thought they mattered anyway. I want the dceu to continue to exist so I want it to be successful enough to keep making films and for the world to laugh when they compare it to the sexy af MCU. Disney>Warner Media. Marvel>dc. Darkseid has always been a poor mans Thanos. Dc is the Go Bots to the MCUs Transformers.

-Pr-
Ask Quan yourself.

Or see the dozens of memes mocking WB/DCEU for even attempting to try to make this shit.

Don't worry, it won't be long.

One minute, at best?

Well it's not hard, considering I can always trust you to post them stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
Well it's not hard, considering I can always trust you to post them stick out tongue

Never posted anything from BvS "Ultimate Cut" (never watched it even), so I'm not sure if I'm gonna care about this.

Maybe a few gifs and memes. Maybe.

Snyder is going to try to impress us with Flash shattering a random window with a touch, so he could get Iris interested in him.

SOUNDS LIKE A PERFECT LOVE PLOT

Darth Thor
JL is out since it no longer counts. We are free to wait to see what feats Snyders Superman gets but as it stands this version means nothing. Oh how epic it all is.

laughing out loud

I thought JL added nothing to Superman for you?

So quit running scared and pick a date. July good for you?

quanchi112
I thought JL added nothing to Superman for you?

So quit running scared and pick a date. July good for you? I can go in July but JL is out. It no longer counts. It did not but for fanboys like yourself he became untouchable despite being hit numerous times in the same scene. If you want to wait until canon Snyder cut I will allow it otherwise give me the date. No JL as it is no longer canon. smile

If you try backing out now I will rub your nose in it.

Darth Thor
I can go in July but JL is out. It no longer counts. It did not but for fanboys like yourself he became untouchable despite being hit numerous times in the same scene. If you want to wait until canon Snyder cut I will allow it otherwise give me the date. No JL as it is no longer canon. smile

If you try backing out now I will rub your nose in it.

We already agreed the stips.

quanchi112
We already agreed the stips. It is no longer canon. I argue based off canon. They rendered their own movie non canon so we argue MCU Thanos vs dceu Superman. That was always the case. Blame the Snyder movement those lovable losers. Canon matters.

Darth Thor
It is no longer canon. I argue based off canon. They rendered their own movie non canon so we argue MCU Thanos vs dceu Superman. That was always the case. Blame the Snyder movement those lovable losers. Canon matters.

Why are you so scared of his speed? Nib is the judge and he doesnt get super impressed by speed.

quanchi112
Why are you so scared of his speed? Nib is the judge and he doesnt get super impressed by speed. I argue canon versions. If we started this before it was changed I would have done so but you could get better feats from Snyder. Your choice to wait if we proceed in July we argue canon only. Your call. Russos Thanos vs. Snyders Superman.

Darth Thor
I argue canon versions. If we started this before it was changed I would have done so but you could get better feats from Snyder. Your choice to wait if we proceed in July we argue canon only. Your call. Russos Thanos vs. Snyders Superman.

I might not even be around on these boards by the time Synders version is out.

Weve delayed this until Endgame and have needlessly delayed it another year, and now you want to delay it a 3rd year in the hope that Superman doesnt use his speed?

You have Thors Star feat to scale Thanos off. You have Infinity War and Endgame both of which showed Thanos at his peak.

So quit the last minute changes, and lets do this.

quanchi112

Weve delayed this until Endgame and have needlessly delayed it another year, and now you want to delay it a 3rd year in the hope that Superman doesnt use his speed?

You have Thors Star feat to scale Thanos off. You have Infinity War and Endgame both of which showed Thanos at his peak.

So quit the last minute changes, and lets do this. We can go in July. Two films vs two films of feats. I only argue canon films so sorry but the unprecedented move by At&t renders the film we saw no longer count. You still get him fighting Zod, Doomsday, even Batman. laughing out loud

Thanos is the peak of warriors as stated by the filmmakers Superman is just a farmer with powers rely on a young Star and in the right environment. If you no longer want to wait what day in July. Thanos is going to brutalize Superman worse than DD.

StiltmanFTW

Why?

You're dying?

We both know you ain't quitting KMC. Once it gets you, it never lets go.

-Pr-
Never posted anything from BvS "Ultimate Cut" (never watched it even), so I'm not sure if I'm gonna care about this.

Maybe a few gifs and memes. Maybe.

Snyder is going to try to impress us with Flash shattering a random window with a touch, so he could get Iris interested in him.

SOUNDS LIKE A PERFECT LOVE PLOT

See? I knew I could count on you.

StiltmanFTW
Ultimate BvS cut was supposed to be a big thing, too.

It got largely ignored by the fanbase.

Maybe it will be different with JL... but I doubt it.

-Pr-
Yeah. It was the superior version, but it didn't fix a lot of the more glaring problems with the film.

Darth Thor
We can go in July. Two films vs two films of feats. I only argue canon films so sorry but the unprecedented move by At&t renders the film we saw no longer count. You still get him fighting Zod, Doomsday, even Batman. laughing out loud

Thanos is the peak of warriors as stated by the filmmakers Superman is just a farmer with powers rely on a young Star and in the right environment. If you no longer want to wait what day in July. Thanos is going to brutalize Superman worse than DD.

Thanos has been in 3 films.

Stips were already agreed long ago.

Your claims of Thanos being this and that are laughable now that its clear youre running from JL Superman.

My challenge was always JL Superman which you are pretended Thanos could take. I agreed to DCEU Superman so you could try and lowball his speed feats from JL. Then I agreed to just 1 judge, as that was the only thing that gave you a chance in such a one sided fight. I even agreed to Superman not trying his very hardest from the beginning of the fight lmao.

If this is your final decision reopen the thread and make it clear youre no longer accepting the stips so are backing down

At which no one will be surprised.

quanchi112
Thanos has been in 3 films.

Stips were already agreed long ago.

Your claims of Thanos being this and that are laughable now that its clear youre running from JL Superman.

My challenge was always JL Superman which you are pretended Thanos could take. I agreed to DCEU Superman so you could try and lowball his speed feats from JL. Then I agreed to just 1 judge, as that was the only thing that gave you a chance in such a one sided fight. I even agreed to Superman not trying his very hardest from the beginning of the fight lmao.

If this is your final decision reopen the thread and make it clear youre no longer accepting the stips so are backing down

At which no one will be surprised. Thanos has been in 4 films but he only fights in two films.

I argue canon version which just changed. You can live in a fantasy world like trumpers believing the Whedon film counts but I choose to live in the real world. If you want to argue fan fic Superman out of continuity find another. If you have any balls let us go in July with MCU Thanos vs. Dceu Superman. If you want to wait till Snyder beg me otherwise you back down.

Stips were always canon versions which just recently changed. It is pretty clear you just were going to rely on his one now noncanon feat in JL. Like you always do you back down. Just as Khan vs. Vader you never have the balls to follow through. I am free in July. If your next post does not accept you officially back down. Ironic you hate trump yet you embody his childish I deny reality tactics. Man up or bend the knee. Choice is yours.

steverules_2

quanchi112

Darth Thor
Thanos has been in 4 films but he only fights in two films.

His first proper role was in GOTG, where he got the hype of most powerful being.

Superman was a novice in MOS. Thanos was in his prime in IW and Endgane and gets hype from GOTG.

quanchi112
His first proper role was in GOTG, where he got the hype of most powerful being.

Superman was a novice in MOS. Thanos was in his prime in IW and Endgane and gets hype from GOTG. Two films of feats vs. two films. In character. You used to claim Thor could beat Thanos with his axe when I told you no weapons Thanos would destroy him. We see it in EG. I know the characters and grasp their portrayals unlike yourself. Thanos brutalized Thor with two pals helping him.

Surtur
Well all remember the scene from Justice League...you know the scene right? It's right after Superman was resurrected and he comes to his senses. He explains to everyone that while he was gone his spirit was repeatedly raped by the speedforce and thus he is so traumatized they will never see him using his super speed again.

He even makes it a point to go "if it's a question of using my speed or die, I'm dead".

quanchi112
Why are Superman fans so cowardly. I knew D. Thor would try last second changing the clear stip of in character which means only canon feats. It is in my first post.

Surtur
snyder cut isn't canon

quanchi112
snyder cut isn't canon Absurd. Snyder cut changes the game. Snyders dceu not whedon who never grasped dc like the guy who created it.

Darth Thor
DCEU belongs to WB not Snyder.

Neither Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Shazam, SS or BOP were directed by Snyder. But all are DCEU, as is JL.

Any moron not trying to run from a battlezone can grasp that.

quanchi112
DCEU belongs to WB not Snyder.

Neither Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Shazam, SS or BOP were directed by Snyder. But all are DCEU, as is JL.

Any moron not trying to run from a battlezone can grasp that. They chose to empower him on hbo max. They chose it not me. He will finish his film. Ballooning the budget by their bank not mine.

Snyder created AM and WW in Batman vs. Superman. Try to at least have a sense of the architect going forward and the history of what actually happened. He did not create Shazam which is terrible character and poorly constructed film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.