Comic you never tire off...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SquallX

Martian_mind
100 Bullets never gets old.

ilikecomics
Ive always loved kingdom come as well. Alex ross's art really elevates an already awesome story. I love the biblical parallels and the fact that it's through the pov of just some random old dude.

Superman red son was really good to me. It served as a great story and simultaneously a parable about the problems with power and how to use it responsibly.

All star superman had a similar mythological feel that kingdom come had, albeit in a more subtle expression.

Miracleman was excellent. I love when publishers use publication stuff in the real world as a vehicle for telling a story i. E. Miracle man's legal battle being transmuted by moore into a narrative that mocks the story telling conventions from the older styles of comics.

The sandman is my all time favorite story, i have the 2 part omnibus and ive read it more than once.

Major bummer and section 8 are both comedy stories that parody super heroes, ive read both more than once and really enjoyed them each time.

A story i want to reread is transmetropolitan.

Great thread
clap

-Pr-
-The first run of X-Factor featuring the original X-Men. I've read that shit in black and white and I still love it.
-Uncanny X-Men written by Claremont/Byrne/Lee in the 70s, 80s and 90s.
-Aquaman written by Peter David.
-Hulk written by Peter David.
-Too much Superman to narrow it down.

spetznaz
There are so many, but if I had to remain with just ONE comic from my collection it would be this one:

Daredevil: The Man Without Fear, by Frank Miller

I have some super rare comics, even several that are more interesting and a couple that may even be more treasured.

But if I had to remain with one, it would be that one for some reason.

Why?

Because I always go back to read it. A masterpiece. A gem.

MrMind
for me it's either planetary or authority

Originally posted by Martian_mind
100 Bullets never gets old.

thumb up
one of the best ever written

Adam Grimes
Fables. Specially all the issues up until the start of Mr Dark's arc. Just so phucking good.

carthage
Byrne era Superman
Claremont Xmen
Ennish Punisher
Most eras of Spiderman minus the Clone Saga dogshit

qwertyuiop1998
Most Grant Morrison's Superman runs. All Star Superman, Superman beyond etc. And some like the new 52 Action Comics written by Grant Morrison I find it becoming more enjoyble over the years
I also really love Geoff's Green Lantern run, It was where I got into the Green Lantern mythology.
Superman Red Son also is one of the best elseworld stories

Diesldude
Kingdom Come and Red Son.

Galan007
In no particular order...

All-Star Superman
Kingdom Come
DC One Million
Sinestro Corps War
Final Crisis
Sandman
Lucifer

SquallX

deft
OWAW.

Stoic
Infinity Gauntlet
Planet Hulk
Infinite Crisis
Superman Year One
Thor 2020

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.