Thanos vs. Dormammu (read stips)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mendax
Thanos has all the infinity stones, except the time stone.

Can he defeat Dormammu in his own universe?

Impediment
I'm gonna say yes, even though we don't have full power or potential of Dormammu because of screen feats and time shown on screen.

HulkIsHulk
Damn right your're IMP

HulkIsHulk
In editing comments

BruceSkywalker
no reason why he shouldn't

Eon Blue
Thanos wins.

Galan007
Given Thanos' performance against the Avengers on Titan(when he already had 4 stones), I'm not really sure how he'd do against Dormammu, tbh.

riv6672

9jaboy
Judging by their respective confrontation/fight with Dr strange. Thanos gets torn to bits unless he can somehow use the reality stone to trick dormammu.

TheVaultDweller
Kinda hard to say with Dormammu. His implied power (based on onscreen statements by people like Wong as well as the official MCU visual guidebook) is multiversal, which would make him the most powerful character shown in the MCU to date. But his best onscreen feats are arguably planetary, as the Earth needed a planet-sized ward to protect it from Dormammu (with the Sanctums as the focal points), which he started consuming once the ward was sufficiently disrupted, and in some of the illusion/flashback/mind-bend scenes planets are shown being consumed into the Dark Dimension. It is worth remembering though that Strange hardly beat Dormammu into submission or anything. He simply frustrated him into leaving, using a tactic he won't be able to repeat if Dormammu ever comes knocking again.

riv6672
Ha, yeah.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Galan007
Given Thanos' performance against the Avengers on Titan(when he already had 4 stones), I'm not really sure how he'd do against Dormammu, tbh.

I honestly don't see how anyone could watch Dormammu recreate much faster, without effort and with no body to hurt back basically anything Thanos can do with the Power,Space, and Reality stone,

And then watch Thanos throw an entire moon at a group of mainly street level characters with human level durability and not even injure a single person. If you throw a stellar object at a group of 5 people and you somehow fail to even injure one, your the worst.

And think this is even remotely close? Dormy hits Thanos with the same moon attack Thanos was going to use but faster, and much harder, and with repeat moons until the Titan is armless, gloveless or dead

9jaboy
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I honestly don't see how anyone could watch Dormammu recreate much faster, without effort and with no body to hurt back basically anything Thanos can do with the Power,Space, and Reality stone,

And then watch Thanos throw an entire moon at a group of mainly street level characters with human level durability and not even injure a single person. If you throw a stellar object at a group of 5 people and you somehow fail to even injure one, your the worst.

And think this is even remotely close? Dormy hits Thanos with the same moon attack Thanos was going to use but faster, and much harder, and with repeat moons until the Titan is armless, gloveless or dead

laughing out loud thumb up
Though To be fair, Thanos was toying with them.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 9jaboy
Judging by their respective confrontation/fight with Dr strange. Thanos gets torn to bits unless he can somehow use the reality stone to trick dormammu. You do realize Thanos defeated Strange who had a lot more experience than the one who outwitted Dormammu. Thanos can reality warp Dormammu like he did with Drax. Far better fighter who needed experience honing his skills whereas it is fair to presume Dormammu just relies on his power to overwhelm opponents.

quanchi112

quanchi112
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BriskFrequentChameleon-size_restricted.gif

Firstly the moon broke apart and everyone was impacted by this move depending on what fragments actually hit them. We see the gif taking iron man out until he recovers. Spider-Man is helping save unconscious allies after the moon hurl. Thanos actually won whereas Dormammu submitted to an inexperienced Strange who did not have allies or group prep. Thanos would defeat Dormammu pretty easily with just the reality stone.

BrolyBlack

quanchi112
He was not a real fan as evidenced by his lack of support and passion for Thanos.

9jaboy
Originally posted by quanchi112
You do realize Thanos defeated Strange who had a lot more experience than the one who outwitted Dormammu. Thanos can reality warp Dormammu like he did with Drax. Far better fighter who needed experience honing his skills whereas it is fair to presume Dormammu just relies on his power to overwhelm opponents.
Key word: Outwit.
The same way strange outwitted Thanos with Time stone. Oh you didn't know that the ultimate demise of Thanos was because of Strange? Maybe you should rewatch the movie.

Ps. I did say 'Unless Thanos can somehow trick him with the reality stone". Hard to say.

quanchi112
Key word: Outwit.
The same way strange outwitted Thanos with Time stone. Oh you didn't know that the ultimate demise of Thanos was because of Strange? Maybe you should rewatch the movie.

Ps. I did say 'Unless Thanos can somehow trick him with the reality stone". Hard to say. It was not just strange he saw 14 million alternate futures dependent on a multitude of events all taking place in order to challenge him. Strange on his own broke Dormammu. Pretty pitiful tbh. Thanos would destroy Dormammu without much effort.

9jaboy
Originally posted by quanchi112
It was not just strange he saw 14 million alternate futures dependent on a multitude of events all taking place in order to challenge him. Strange on his own broke Dormammu. Pretty pitiful tbh. Thanos would destroy Dormammu without much effort.
What he did doesn't matter.He outsmarted both.
Both feats were performed with Time Stone.

quanchi112
What he did doesn't matter.He outsmarted both.
Both feats were performed with Time Stone. Alone with less experience and no help he bested Dormammu. With more experience and aid from hundreds of heroes he still needed to lose to have a chance five years later. IW Thanos was unbeatable.

laughing out loud

Flyattractor
Technically I don't see how using TIME to defeat a Creature that Exits Outside/Beyond Time could Defeat Drommy.. at least the Way Strange did it in the movie.

Dormmy lost cause He is Impatient?

That is Literally How They did it.

LAME!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Technically I don't see how using TIME to defeat a Creature that Exits Outside/Beyond Time could Defeat Drommy.. at least the Way Strange did it in the movie.

Dormmy lost cause He is Impatient?

That is Literally How They did it.

LAME! He was broken via weak willpower while Thanos was unbeatable in IW.

Flyattractor
Except for when Thanos Did Lose.

And Dormmy losing that way was Lame Sauce.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Except for when Thanos Did Lose.

And Dormmy losing that way was Lame Sauce. Thanos won in Iw he completed his mission. IW Thanos was not able to be stopped. Dormammu is not even close to Thanos. Thanos was the big bad not Dormammu.

marcssands14
Bump.Interesting matchup.I personally believe that
Dormmamu will win,because he control's his own dimension and use entire environment against Thanos.

riv6672

ShadowFyre
Im sticking with Thanos has the biggest fail in all of moviedom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.