Lego stop advertising US Police sets

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
https://www.cbr.com/lego-stop-advertising-police-sets-pledges-4-million/

dadudemon
Company X takes action Y to virtue signal on topic Z because pandering to woke culture sometimes leads to making that company more money.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by dadudemon
pandering to woke culture

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-W356KNnKKss/UjdWPqjrK1I/AAAAAAAAA1I/I4SFe1XZe1c/s1600/gasss.gif

ares834
Except he is right. It's why companies like Disney will tweet stuff like #blacklivesmatter but then remove Finn from their SW posters in China. They don't actually give a shit about these identity politics. They just use it to make more money.

Old Man Whirly!
Fact check: Lego felt disgusted by a possible US Police murder and did not feel "the policeman is your friend" was a balanced message for ALL children.

Bashar Teg
"any opinions that i don't like are not valid, and only pandering for profit, because reasons"

*conveniently ignores the fact that they are actually taking the risk of alienating many people/families which disagree and thus losing profit*

ares834
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
"any opinions that i don't like are not valid, and only pandering for profit, because reasons"

*conveniently ignores the fact that they are actually taking the risk of alienating many people/families which disagree and thus losing profit*

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-W356KNnKKss/UjdWPqjrK1I/AAAAAAAAA1I/I4SFe1XZe1c/s1600/gasss.gif

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Fact check: Lego felt disgusted by a possible US Police murder and did not feel "the policeman is your friend" was a balanced message for ALL children.

Bashar Teg
trump has a 40ish percent approval rating in rasmussen polling, which likely is close to the mark of near-unconditional police approval. how exactly did lego or other companies not take a risk? insisting that it was profit driven is pure emotional drivel, and yes: gaslighting.

sorry about your feelz tho

ares834
Maybe Lego is different. I dunno. But most of these shits leading these companies don't care about you or your identity politics. They only care about their bottom line.

Old Man Whirly!
trump has a 40ish percent approval rating in rasmussen polling, which likely is close to the mark of near-unconditional police approval. how exactly did lego or other companies not take a risk? insisting that it was profit driven is pure emotional drivel, and yes: gaslighting.

sorry about your feelz tho Fact check: fits the facts and logic.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by ares834
But most of these shits leading these companies don't care about you or your identity politics. They only care about their bottom line.

start your own company: strawman inc.

Old Man Whirly!
Maybe Lego is different. I dunno. But most of these shits leading these companies don't care about you or your identity politics. They only care about their bottom line. Fact check, concern about pro.oting a group who probably have committed a murder is not identity politics.

ares834
Fact check, concern about pro.oting a group who probably have committed a murder is not identity politics.

Irrelevant. The point remains the same. But keep feeling that these companies are your friend.

Old Man Whirly!
Irrelevant. The point remains the same. But keep feeling that these companies are your friend. Fact check: no one said anyone was a friend, Lego did not murder anyone here.

ares834
Fact check: No one claimed that you said that.

Old Man Whirly!
Fact check: No one claimed that you said that. Factcheck: thumb up

dadudemon

"Lego" is not a sapient, feeling, entity. It is a large group of people, goods, services, and IP.

The marketing team put together some comms that they felt would best drive public image which is part of brand strength and brand recognition - two key components of value and driving sales.

I know this is obvious to literally anyone especially a successful businessman like you. Sorry, I don't see any of this woke culture virtue signaling as anything but "hey, you're a gullible emotions driven acolyte, buy our stuff because we said the things!"

dadudemon

Yes, because of that huge purchasing block of racists that Lego was afraid of alienating. You've cracked the case.

Old Man Whirly!
"Lego" is not a sapient, feeling, entity. It is a large group of people, goods, services, and IP.

The marketing team put together some comms that they felt would best drive public image which is part of brand strength and brand recognition - two key components of value and driving sales.

I know this is obvious to literally anyone especially a successful businessman like you. Sorry, I don't see any of this woke culture virtue signaling as anything but "hey, you're a gullible emotions driven acolyte, buy our stuff because we said the things!" Fact check: wanted Lego on his 37th Birthday, got given some cheap substitute.

BrolyBlack
IS this all your going to do now is

Fact Check: blah blah blah

Are you trying to be annoying as you can possibly be lately?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
IS this all your going to do now is

Fact Check: blah blah blah

Are you trying to be annoying as you can possibly be lately? Fact check: ad hominem

Surtur
LEGO Clarifies Decision To Pull Ads For Police, Fire Playsets. Leftists Lose Their Minds.

Did laugh. Basically a bunch of leftists misunderstood and thought they were gonna remove some of these lego sets from sale.

Now some are crying and saying even though their kids love legos they are gonna stop buying them anyways.

Ha yeah, f*ck those kids it's virtue signaling time smile

Bashar Teg

cdtm
**** legos.

Don't care about the topic either way, just saying.

Was a Megablocks kid.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by cdtm

Was a Megablocks kid.

i knew there was something very wrong with you, and now you've finally confirmed it

Surtur

Surtur
**** legos.

Don't care about the topic either way, just saying.

Was a Megablocks kid.

I had a bunch of legos, I still do. I even had this one wild west set where you can stage a jail break and "blow up" the wall of the jail to set the person free.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Surtur
I never said it contradicted the topic. But it's a story that has to do with the topic. Plus it is also hilarious.

however the dailystormer's spin-tastic conclusion that it was "der left" is groundless

in all likelyhood Lego was responding to angry customer feedback complaining about supposed discontinuation of police sets. why would "der left" be upset over that?

Surtur
however the dailystormer's spin-tastic conclusion that it was "der left" is groundless

in all likelyhood Lego was responding to angry customer feedback complaining about supposed discontinuation of police sets. why would "der left" be upset over that?

Lol don't play games with me son. Conservatives wouldn't be pissed off that Lego *wasn't* pulling sales of their cop sets.

Bashar Teg
Lol don't play games with me son. Conservatives wouldn't be pissed off that Lego *wasn't* pulling sales of their cop sets.

the mistake/clarification was over the belief that Lego has indeed discontinued them. again, why would "der left" be upset over that?

sorry ronnie, looks like dailystormer lied to you again

Surtur
the mistake/clarification was over the belief that Lego has indeed discontinued them. again, why would "der left" be upset over that?

sorry ronnie, looks like dailystormer lied to you again

Lol jesus dude. Some people misunderstood and thought they were pulling cop sets from sales. When Lego clarified that this wasn't happening they threw a fit and said they weren't gonna buy Lego's anymore.

Surtur

Bashar Teg
Lol jesus dude. Some people misunderstood and thought they were pulling cop sets from sales. When Lego clarified that this wasn't happening they threw a fit and said they weren't gonna buy Lego's anymore.

yet no proof that it was "der left" who got mad. business logic dictates that lego was responding to customer complaints over the supposed discontinuing of the sets.

why would lego feel the need to clarify for the sake of appeasing "der left" as opposed to confirming/promoting the continued sale of their police sets?

are they profit-driven or are they not? can't have it both ways, ronnie

Surtur
yet no proof that it was "der left" who got mad. business logic dictates that lego was responding to customer complaints over the supposed discontinuing of the sets.

why would lego feel the need to clarify for the sake of appeasing "der left" as opposed to confirming/promoting the continued sale of their police sets?

are they profit-driven or are they not? can't have it both ways, ronnie

Lol are you drunk? I never said they made the clarification for the left. I am saying the left melted down over the clarification.

And you know they did. Conservatives would not melt down cuz Lego went "we are still gonna be selling cop sets".

cdtm
Agreed, non story.

And who cares what they do? It's their business, they can do whatever they want.

Bashar Teg
Lol are you drunk? I never said they made the clarification for the left. I am saying the left melted own over the clarification.

And you know they did. Conservatives would not melt down cuz Lego went "we are still gonna be selling cop sets".

where did this "meltdown" occur? in your mind?

-Pr-
I read that Lego stopped advertising period. Not just police sets, as was originally believed. Even stuff like Star Wars was stopped, and so on.

Surtur
where did this "meltdown" occur? in your mind?

In the comments to the tweet clarifying.

Surtur
Agreed, non story.

And who cares what they do? It's their business, they can do whatever they want.

Well, the original story for this thread was a non-story too pretty much.

Bashar Teg
In the comments to the tweet clarifying.

i see no "meltdowns" in the comments. how many miles did you scroll down to find them?

Surtur
i see no "meltdowns" in the comments. how many miles did you scroll down to find them?

Not far, but bro I can see this has impacted you.

Good smile

Bashar Teg
Not far, but bro I can see this has impacted you.

Good smile

#projection

i do see a lot of comments from people angry over lego's BLM support. were those the meltdowns you were referring to?

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by -Pr-
I read that Lego stopped advertising period. Not just police sets, as was originally believed. Even stuff like Star Wars was stopped, and so on.

lego is one of those companies that doesnt even need to advertise. kinda like nike or mcdonalds: they have zero need to promote themselves. everyone knows they exist, what they are, and where to buy.

Robtard
Rightist: "Private companies should be allowed to sell what they want and to who they want, as this is America."

Also Rightist: "Lego is stopping sales of a line of toys!? Virtue signaling SJW pieces of shit! ReeeeEEEeEEEEeee!"

*Though you would substitute Lego for a number of companies like Bic, Nike, Disney etc.

Old Man Whirly!
Fact check: wanted Lego on his 37th Birthday, got given some cheap substitute.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Rightist: "Private companies should be allowed to sell what they want and to who they want, as this is America."

Also Rightist: "Lego is stopping sales of a line of toys!? Virtue signaling SJW pieces of shit! ReeeeEEEeEEEEeee!"

*Though you would substitute Lego for a number of companies like Bic, Nike, Disney etc.

There's literally no contradiction in what you've strawman-misrepresented, though. smile

It's still consistent. thumb up

Robtard
There is.

That literally has happened multiple times when *insert company* does something Rightist don't agree with regarding a product(s) and they blow their SJW rape-whistles in response.

eg This thread :0

Old Man Whirly!
Yup, I jumped on this because it would have been something I supported were it the reason. Particularly after they did this,

"We stand with the black community against racism and inequality," the Dutch toy production company said. "There is much to do. We will donate $4 million to organizations dedicated to supporting black children and educating all children about racial equality."

Surtur
There's literally no contradiction in what you've strawman-misrepresented, though. smile

It's still consistent. thumb up

It's why I laughed. They have not been very good at this lately.

-Pr-
lego is one of those companies that doesnt even need to advertise. kinda like nike or mcdonalds: they have zero need to promote themselves. everyone knows they exist, what they are, and where to buy.

Sure, but what's the relevance of a statement like that?

Bashar Teg
just questioning why they pour money into advertising in the first place.

-Pr-
just questioning why they pour money into advertising in the first place.

That's a fair point I suppose. Though Lego is constantly getting bigger, so it can't hurt.

Adam_PoE
Lego is a Danish company with liberal Scandinavian values. Why is this a shock to anybody? What is more, why do you care?

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Lego is a Danish company with liberal Scandinavian values. Why is this a shock to anybody? What is more, why do you care?

You seriously don't know why Whirly cared(or pretended to)? Or is this just trolling?

Bashar Teg
you seem to care surt. a lot, in fact

Surtur
Nah I don't, why lie?

I did laugh at folk saying they won't buy lego's anymore cuz lego won't stop selling cop sets

And some were all "my kids love legos, but nah". Virtuuuue!

Robtard
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Because they need to whinge about everything they paint as "SJWing!!1!" in their small heads.

eg They complained and ranted more over Colin Kaepernick kneeling peacefully against police brutality than they complained over the the thug cops who murdered Goerge Floyd.

Surtur
star wars legos tho

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
There is.

That literally has happened multiple times when *insert company* does something Rightist don't agree with regarding a product(s) and they blow their SJW rape-whistles in response.

eg This thread :0

There's not.

You can complain about anything you want but still support the rights of what you're complaining about.

You're wanting to assign "cancel culture" to it but it has nothing to do with it.

TL - DR: "I support Lego's right to do and say whatever they want. But their SJW bullshit is stupid."

Amazing!

BrolyBlack
dur

Bashar Teg
thanks for bumping your shitpost hugbox threads off the front page thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.