Is the military slowly turning on Trump?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard

Surtur
No

Old Man Whirly!

BrolyBlack
None of those people are actually in the military so no

Robtard
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
None of those people are actually in the military so no

You don't think Mattis' words carry any weight with serviceman just because he's retired?

BrolyBlack
None

Old Man Whirly!
None So ex service personnel shouldn't be listened to?

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
So ex service personnel shouldn't be listened to?

sure painted himself into a corner there

Robtard
Certainly the educated Generals and senior officers have never been with him.

I suspect this as well.

So happy I was complimentary to Mattis being appointed as Sec of Defense, as I was happy Trump appointed a real military guy to that position and not one of his buddies and I have not flipped on Mattis like Trumpers have.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
sure painted himself into a corner there yupOriginally posted by Robtard
I suspect this as well.

So happy I was complimentary to Mattis being appointed as Sec of Defense, as I was happy Trump appointed a real military guy to that position and not one of his buddies and I have not flipped on Mattis like Trumpers have. it's clear where Trumps base is.

Robtard

Old Man Whirly!

dadudemon
Betteridge's Law of Headlines

Raptor22
Its not just Mattis.

"Retired Adm. Mike Mullen, a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, has rebuked President Donald Trump's threats to use the military on protesters, writing that "our fellow citizens are not the enemy, and must never become so."

"Even in the midst of the carnage we are witnessing, we must endeavor to see American cities and towns as our homes and our neighborhoods," Mullen wrote in an op-ed for The Atlantic published Tuesday. "They are not 'battle spaces' to be dominated, and must never become so."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/02/politics/mike-mullen-trump-church-photo-op/index.html

"Writing that Monday's events "sickened" him, he said: "I have to date been reticent to speak out on issues surrounding President Trump's leadership, but we are at an inflection point, and the events of the past few weeks have made it impossible to remain silent."

Mullen said the president "laid bare his disdain for the rights of peaceful protest in this country, gave succor to the leaders of other countries who take comfort in our domestic strife, and risked further politicizing the men and women of our armed forces."

"Retired Gen. Raymond A. Thomas, former head of US Special Operations Command, expressed shock at hearing the term "battlespace" used to describe US cities.

"The 'battle space' of America???" he wrote on Twitter this week. "Not what America needs to hear...ever, unless we are invaded by an adversary or experience a constitutional failure...ie a Civil War."

"Retired Navy Adm. James Stavridis, who served as the Supreme Allied Commander of NATO, said that while it is necessary to restore order, "it hurt" to watch authorities forcefully confront peaceful protesters in DC.

He called on current leaders to keep the military "above the fray of domestic politics," writing that "we cannot afford to have a future Lafayette Square end up looking like Tiananmen Square."

"Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey tweeted this week that "America is not a battleground. Our fellow citizens are not the enemy."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/former-military-leaders-slam-trumps-handling-of-protests-2020-6%3famp

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Raptor22
Its not just Mattis.

"Retired Adm. Mike Mullen, a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, has rebuked President Donald Trump's threats to use the military on protesters, writing that "our fellow citizens are not the enemy, and must never become so."

"Even in the midst of the carnage we are witnessing, we must endeavor to see American cities and towns as our homes and our neighborhoods," Mullen wrote in an op-ed for The Atlantic published Tuesday. "They are not 'battle spaces' to be dominated, and must never become so."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/02/politics/mike-mullen-trump-church-photo-op/index.html

"Writing that Monday's events "sickened" him, he said: "I have to date been reticent to speak out on issues surrounding President Trump's leadership, but we are at an inflection point, and the events of the past few weeks have made it impossible to remain silent."

Mullen said the president "laid bare his disdain for the rights of peaceful protest in this country, gave succor to the leaders of other countries who take comfort in our domestic strife, and risked further politicizing the men and women of our armed forces."

"Retired Gen. Raymond A. Thomas, former head of US Special Operations Command, expressed shock at hearing the term "battlespace" used to describe US cities.

"The 'battle space' of America???" he wrote on Twitter this week. "Not what America needs to hear...ever, unless we are invaded by an adversary or experience a constitutional failure...ie a Civil War."

"Retired Navy Adm. James Stavridis, who served as the Supreme Allied Commander of NATO, said that while it is necessary to restore order, "it hurt" to watch authorities forcefully confront peaceful protesters in DC.

He called on current leaders to keep the military "above the fray of domestic politics," writing that "we cannot afford to have a future Lafayette Square end up looking like Tiananmen Square."

"Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey tweeted this week that "America is not a battleground. Our fellow citizens are not the enemy."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/former-military-leaders-slam-trumps-handling-of-protests-2020-6%3famp thumb up Solid stuff, backing the trend of this thread.

Robtard
Originally posted by Raptor22
Its not just Mattis.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/former-military-leaders-slam-trumps-handling-of-protests-2020-6%3famp

Wow

Back in December 2019, TheMilitaryTimes had a survey and half of military's active service members were not happy with Trump.

As a Republican he has an innate advantage with how the military view him.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Wow

Back in December 2019, TheMilitaryTimes had a survey and half of military's active service members were not happy with Trump.

Would that change to be even worse if Trump delivered on his campaign promise to end all our wars? He'd basically be firing 500,000 military people.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by dadudemon
Would that change to be even worse if Trump delivered on his campaign promise to end all our wars? He'd basically be firing 500,000 military people. He will always need the military to protect his Bunker.

eThneoLgrRnae
Nope, the military as a whole still fully supports Trump.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Nope, the military as a whole still fully supports Trump. durwank

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Robtard
Wow

for a conservate president, those numbers are far beyond abysmal. probably a blessing concerning public safety risk, if trump breaks the law and makes good on his threats

BrolyBlack

dadudemon
Would that change to be even worse if Trump delivered on his campaign promise to end all our wars? He'd basically be firing 500,000 military people.

Guys, still think this is a pretty important point...

This is a campaign promise that is more in line with liberals and anti-war progressives such as myself. It's a promise I want delivered. But it would cause the military to very likely revolt against Trump. But it needs to be done.

Surtur

This is a campaign promise that is more in line with liberals and anti-war progressives such as myself. It's a promise I want delivered. But it would cause the military to very likely revolt against Trump. But it needs to be done.

The military industrial complex just won't allow all wars to end.

Bashar Teg

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
The military industrial complex just won't allow all wars to end.

I agree. I could imagine attempts on Trump's life happening if he delivered on that campaign promise.

Robtard

I don't believe that would happen.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i gave a damn, until you told everyone to not care what ex-servicemen say.

not a stance i would take, but i will defer to your more-relevant opinion on the matter and not listen to you anymore...which means i should ignore the above mentioned opinion you stated...which means i should take what you have to say seriously...which means i sho----

Here I thought we actually might be being more peaceful to one another but you cant get off it.

Old Man Whirly!
He will always need the military to protect his Bunker.

Robtard
The bunker he totally wasn't hiding in and was there for a very short time for inspections.

Bashar Teg
Here I thought we actually might be being more peaceful to one another but you cant get off it.

relax broly roll eyes (sarcastic)

Eon Blue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.